Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MAC MINI PROBLEM?] ADVENTURE MODE / COLUMN OPTION SELECTION CONTROL  (Read 24052 times)

MstrPBK

• Escaped Lunatic
  • i live by hosta - not games!
    • View Profile

I am on a Mac Mini, OS system 10.5.6, all known updates in place

Column Selection window/tables are not permitting + or - movement of the highlighting of options; and thus not permitting selections to be made.

MstrPBK
ST .Paul, MN

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [MAC MINI PROBLEM?] ADVENTURE MODE / COLUMN OPTION SELECTION CONTROL
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 05:12:09 am »

Are you using a laptop?  If so you'll have to rebind your keys (Esc => Rebind Keys) so that your secondary scroll and secondary pageup/down don't use the numpad.

mithra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 11:24:00 am »

Are you using a laptop?  If so you'll have to rebind your keys (Esc => Rebind Keys) so that your secondary scroll and secondary pageup/down don't use the numpad.

Uhm, a Mac Mini isn't a laptop.

That said, I endorse the proposed solution as one that may work.

MstrPBK

• Escaped Lunatic
  • i live by hosta - not games!
    • View Profile

I not sure who edited my post (question) BUT, my question was:

I've downloaded the Mac Intel version.  I've open the DF file and get a terminal entry screen. What do I enter to START the game?  Or is there something else I ought to be doing to begin a DF game?

Peter Kelley
St. Paul, MN USA

kinopio

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 10:30:52 am »

Open Finder, search "df" and unzip if you haven't already, click on the "df_osx" folder and inside click the one labeled "df", if this does not work try clicking df.exe

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 12:32:13 pm »

For one thing, he did that:
I've open the DF file and get a terminal entry screen.
A screenshot would help to determine what you mean there.

Also, this board has been unused for over 6 years (see the announcement at the top of this board), so this thread is in the wrong place anyway. If you need help with DF, you should try the DF Gameplay Questions board, or maybe DF General Discussion.

If you want to report a bug, the bug tracker is at http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php, but it sounds like this might be a system configuration issue of some kind.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 03:23:36 am »

The thought of MstrPBK struggling to open Dwarf Fortress for 7 years with no luck is quite hilarious but really, can't we just close this forum completely?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 11:29:26 am »

There's a stickied bug tracker discussion thread that gets used sometimes, but I suppose it could be moved somewhere else.

Also, the original post here was a different issue. It sounds like he posted about DF failing to start in another thread somewhere, though, so maybe the issue has been going on for a while.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.