Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: DF Meetup Final Thread - be there on May 9! **WITH LIVE WEBCAST**  (Read 61829 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: DF Meetup Final Thread - be there on May 9! **WITH LIVE WEBCAST**
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2009, 08:21:44 am »

I managed to watch part of it, but if I'd known it wasn't being saved I would have stuck around for everything.  Screw sleep.  :-\

Anyway, thanks Toady and Threetoe for your answers and insights (even those I missed)!
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2009, 09:35:00 am »

I managed to watch part of it, but if I'd known it wasn't being saved I would have stuck around for everything.  Screw sleep.  :-\

Anyway, thanks Toady and Threetoe for your answers and insights (even those I missed)!
Yeah, I'm really sorry about that.  What happened was in the beginning I was using a program to do the streaming which saved the stream automatically and put it on the page.  This program stopped working at some point, so I had to switch to the we interface which apparently does not save it.  We should have some pictures coming in shortly though.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2009, 09:37:24 am »

Not even a save on your HDD?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2009, 09:39:45 am »

Don't stress about it, Sir Finkus.  Some was better than none, and now we know what to avoid/think of next time.   :)
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2009, 09:42:27 am »

Not even a save on your HDD?

I dunno, I'll take a look, but I highly doubt it.

:edit: nope, nothing.  Sorry guys.  Lets get some pictures up though if anyone has some.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:29:43 am by Sir Finkus »

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2009, 10:44:19 am »

I will post my pictures later today.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2009, 11:24:48 am »

Don't stress about it, Sir Finkus.  Some was better than none, and now we know what to avoid/think of next time.   :)
Yeah, I agree, what happened, happened, and so on. At least this year there was the chance for some to be in the meeting without actually being there, thanks to you.

Though it would be nice to hear and see what happened, it is likely impossible, so there's no reason to worry about it anymore.  :P

Also, how many people showed up for the meetup in the end (in real life and virtually)?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:27:44 am by LASD »

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2009, 11:28:09 am »

This was awesome, despite my constant sniveling and coughing. One can't really decide when one gets suddenly and violently ill, but I apologize and I hope no one gets sick because of me.

I am not, however, looking forward to the twenty-hour train trip back home.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2009, 11:29:03 am »

I think there were about 25-30 people at the actual party, then an average of around 25 watching the webcast. 

Next year I think I'll get a wireless microphone or something so the lappy doesn't get tethered to the outlet when the battery runs out.  I don't know how that last conversation came in, but it can't have been that good.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2009, 11:45:49 am »

Darn, I woulda stayed around longer had I known. Oh well, excellent work at getting the live stuff working anyway Sir Finkus.  I would just worry about your new elf designation now.

Is the save from 'Tombcities' the fortress Toady One and ThreeToe fought the epic battle against the undead river inhabitants around anywhere?  I would love to try my hand at salvaging that disaster.  Its hilarious how the RNG picked the name and how it turned out under even under the holy guiding hands of the Adams brothers.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2009, 11:50:25 am »

That was totally awesome.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2009, 12:12:37 pm »

Darn, I woulda stayed around longer had I known. Oh well, excellent work at getting the live stuff working anyway Sir Finkus.  I would just worry about your new elf designation now.

Is the save from 'Tombcities' the fortress Toady One and ThreeToe fought the epic battle against the undead river inhabitants around anywhere?  I would love to try my hand at salvaging that disaster.  Its hilarious how the RNG picked the name and how it turned out under even under the holy guiding hands of the Adams brothers.

Yeah, someone has a save somewhere.

Domini0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2009, 12:19:30 pm »

poor soapmaker...

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2009, 12:35:48 pm »

Ah thanks Alfador  :)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12