Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: DF Meetup Final Thread - be there on May 9! **WITH LIVE WEBCAST**  (Read 62025 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Meetup Final Thread - be there on May 9! **WITH LIVE WEBCAST**
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2009, 07:29:38 pm »

Has the world changed so much that we need evidence before we believe that someone had shaved their facial hair? Sweet.

Reyyvo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2009, 10:44:55 pm »

So does everyone have swine flu now or have you all just been nauseated by the sun lately?

ThreeToe

• The Natural
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2009, 12:56:41 am »

I have since recovered, but the Toad does show signs of cave-adaptation.
Show your true champion nature:  support Bay 12 games!

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2009, 02:00:00 am »

Nah, Threetoe was joking about the swine flu, and I'm not sure he got yours, or just yours.  I think I got yours, since those are my symptoms.  Threetoe also had a scratchy throat.  Maybe he got two of them.  This is what I get for exiting my cave once a year, but I'm up for next year.
You should just consider it research for coding illnesses.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Decanter

• Bay Watcher
  • Goliath online.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2009, 08:23:54 am »

I too got sick but am definitely getting better.
How can anything be that contagious! its not like we were close-dancing or sumo-wrestling or brawling. I didn't even touch anyone's laptop! I don't even recall looking anyone directly in the face!

On the happy side I have some awesome Kleenex sculptures on display around my bedroom. Andres Serrano would be pleased.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2009, 10:56:13 am »

I saw that someone foun magma on their fort.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2009, 04:48:48 pm »

OK, so wait-
All these Dwarf fortress players leave their homes, and then they get sick?
This looks like a Cave Adaption pandemic.
There is only one treatment; chop a hole in your roof above your refrigerator, so that every time you go to eat, you'll get exposed to sunlight.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2009, 12:30:34 am »

Weird I got sick too a few days after the meet up, but only for 3 days.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2009, 02:13:05 am »

...I never had a headache with my illness. I appear to have found someone with a weaker immune system than I. I did have a minor sore throat, but only very briefly. That went away after the first day.

Also, I'd apparently make an awesome zombie.

And, uh, I'm really sorry. I had no idea I was still as sick as I was until about three-quarters of the way into the meetup. I honestly thought I was on the mend and thus no longer contagious. I'll be more careful in the future.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2009, 04:48:51 am »

I never had a sore throat, but I had sinus headaches and a killer eye-strain/headache thing whenever I looked at the screen too long.  All better now aside from occasional coughing.  Anyway, no blame is being placed -- DF meetup or bust!  Who could stay away!  People expect to become diseased at things like this.  Or they should.  Especially during the middle of the Great North American Pandemic of 2009 or whatever we are in.  We were both joking about the possibility in advance, and some other people probably were too.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2009, 03:36:13 pm »

People expect to become diseased at things like this.  Or they should.

Too true--it's become a jargon term that "convention crud" or "con crud" refers not to any specific disease (though it is often spoken as if it does) but to any illness that shows symptoms immediately upon coming home from a convention or meetup, presumably contracted either at the event or during travel on the way there (back in January, a friend of mine spent a week at my place, having arrived in Seattle by train... and we're pretty sure the horrible all-of-digestive-tract illness we spent half of that week suffering through came from that train.). It's a gamble you take, expecting to lose because either way you get to go to the meetup.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2009, 12:38:16 am »

Too true--it's become a jargon term that "convention crud" or "con crud" refers not to any specific disease (though it is often spoken as if it does) but to any illness that shows symptoms immediately upon coming home from a convention or meetup, presumably contracted either at the event or during travel on the way there (back in January, a friend of mine spent a week at my place, having arrived in Seattle by train... and we're pretty sure the horrible all-of-digestive-tract illness we spent half of that week suffering through came from that train.). It's a gamble you take, expecting to lose because either way you get to go to the meetup.
Convention crud is just the forerunner to the infectious macrocommunity that we're slowly creating through globalisation that will one day lead to the supervirus that will kill us all.

Toady One, any thoughts on Really Bad Diseases, like the Black Death, that happen very rarely but are completely game-changing when they do?

archivis

• Bay Watcher
  • I am not here. Remember me not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2009, 12:18:47 pm »

Well if said diseases are game changing then perhaps we'd finally find out what the super secret game they're working on...

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2009, 04:11:17 pm »

Convention crud is just the forerunner to the infectious macrocommunity that we're slowly creating through globalisation that will one day lead to the supervirus that will kill us all.

Not if Madagascar closes its ports.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2009, 07:24:26 am »

Not if Madagascar closes its ports.

I hate that game.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12