Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A more civil Goblin mod! Or, you leader may be a lesbian! Explained inside!  (Read 3297 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Possible more 'Civil goblin' mod, I still need advice
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 03:56:07 pm »

Hm, if I remove the intelligent tag and add the can civ, learn will it keep them from being elected mayor?

I'm going to try this and see what happens, although I wonder how I can mod in dungeon masters to apear quite easily.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 09:12:10 pm »

I still need help, anyway I was wondering if it is possible to make more than one demon leader appear in goblin forts. Thank you.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 02:34:36 am »

I still need help, anyway I was wondering if it is possible to make more than one demon leader appear in goblin forts. Thank you.

no, only one will appear, It's hardcoded. You could introduce different types of powers however, by adding the [POWER] tag to things.

A civ creature can never be tameable, so there is no point in putting in can_civ. Remove intelligent and replace it with can_learn.

you can't rely on this forum for everything. Experiments are the best way to discover what works and what doesn't =)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 07:23:21 am »

That's what I've been doing, just recently I had a groundhog diety that was associated with depravity and lust.

And that's why I want to revert back to demons, I just wish that there was someway to have them breed for more fun.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 03:55:57 am »

Your 'grooved rifle' should just be called a rifle, since a rifle by definition is already grooved. A non-grooved rifle is just a musket.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 07:21:06 am »

Thanks for the fix, just asking but would anyone here mind having their goblins running around with chainsaws and that the axe profession is now called leather face?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 06:44:48 pm »

O.K. So after working through this whole thing, mostly testing and what not I am almost prepared to release this on to all of you. I first need to know if everyone is interested in what's going on in this mod.

-Goblins are now more sophisticated, and some of their core components are changed.
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)

-They use overly powered ranged weapons

-I modded in Mephanstera's primative civs mod

-A good amount of new smelter reactions

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HEY I'M JUST ABOUT DONE WITH A CIVIL GOBLIN MOD!
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 04:48:11 pm »

If you have chainsaws and rifles...why not have chainsaw rifles ala gears of war? Or better the RPC-rocket (or in this case cannon) propelled chainsaw?
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 05:50:49 pm »

Doh, forgot to mention I gave them the ability to use chainsaws, goblin axemen are now called Leather Faces.

As for your last request I'm trying to make goblin society seem all late 18Th centurish, (maybe with an out of place weapon or two) not Gears of Warish, as cool as it sounds.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 04:02:50 pm »

Hm, still working on this.

Just one request is it possible to give special name tokens to all types of creatures?

I've got most names down but are elite weapon profession names hardcoded?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 05:34:36 pm »

Well, free smelter material is too cheap for me :). I think I will revert it back if I play your mod. The major part of DF fun is mining and discovering new underground features.
No mining is a bit out-ou-place, I mean goblin miners is something I love.

However I like and highly approve other changes.

Free obsidian is bad for me too. Ability to turn any stone to obsidian... looks more interesting.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 06:35:22 pm »

I'm barely done with this as far as things go; if I were to guess how much is finished I would say <50%... maybe. About the free obsidian and other things, well I have only played forts to test out certain features in this mod (ambush spawns, smelter reactions etc) and in order to have done that I set goblin speed to 1 to get things rolling.

Right now I'm in the stage of making new creatures for gobo killing fodder and challenges. As of now I'm stuck in trying to create custom names for super tough Turtle people proffesions (elite hammer man to Donnatello) and right now I'm stuck in trying to do that.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 07:11:56 am »

Hm, I'm am four steps away from being finished with this mod.

-One more animal race to add
-A fun race to add
-Smelter options
-And fully testing the damn thing

Is anyone still interested?

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Four steps away, hopefully.
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 10:25:46 am »

If you add the [VERMINHUNTER] tag to hostile or wild creatures, they adopt dwarves without becoming friendly.  This leads great fun as they make a beeline for specific dwarves and then kill them.
The great game of Warlocks!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 01:30:11 pm »

I've got most names down but are elite weapon profession names hardcoded?
At the moment you can only rename professions that end in -man, and the only ones that do that are crossbow and bow. So if you rename anything else it will change back to swordmaster or macelord when it is high enough, but if you rename crossbow or bow it will just become "elite ____" instead.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3