Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Earthsage; Physics-heavy platforming digging game thing project  (Read 5887 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Earthsage; Physics-heavy platforming digging game thing project
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 03:27:56 am »

too much design, not enough implementation.

you need to make a crystal with light now, or this is going to die very very quickly(or start studying on it consistently)

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 02:47:12 am »

too much design, not enough implementation.

you need to make a crystal with light now, or this is going to die very very quickly(or start studying on it consistently)
That's nice. Thank you for your input.

I was looking at mood rings earlier today and had an idea for this.  I'll put it in spoilers because it sounds like an Easter-egg type thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's not what I want to work on right away, no, but putting in some personality for NPCs and the player and ways to affect it/be affected by it is good practice for my next game, should I ever return to work on it ;) I won't even bother putting it down here - I'd get laughed at too much. It's pretty ambitious, but not in a technical sense, more in a dwarf fortress sense.

There was already a Mind crystal type planned for use, and that would play a role. Its purpose would be first to allow the player to sense and affect other creatures through solid stone, but obviously there are other potential uses.

Update for people interested:

I'm in the process of moving in with my boyfriend at the moment. I've worked on the tile engine off and on since the last post, and I've got things pretty well organized to start work on the converter to input a drawn map into the game. In the meantime, I have no internet, and finding a new job plus keeping my old one is extremely difficult.

There's no bus back home after I get out of work, so I've been relying on rides from relatives, friends, etc. That'll get on their nerves quick, so almost all of my effort has gone into finding any employment at all in the city I now live in. Boring, stressful, and nerve-wracking, but preferable to living with my lunatic parents.

So yes, progress has been slow, but I will not be daunted by heartless scalliwags such as eerr! :P Onward!

But first sleep.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

[P]sYDoNiA

• Bay Watcher
  • Quick, Hide the Weed!
    • View Profile
Earthsage
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 01:10:50 am »

Damn!

This sounds so sweeeet and I really hope this gets created into something playable soon...
I really like how the crystals just do things and you gotta attach em together to get them to make machines, it reminds me of Garry's Mod...

I think that there should be basic design blueprints in the players possession and a mode or setting to enable other blueprints to be scattered around randomly. That would make it awesome and would help the absolutely clueless to know what to do...
//The Knight of PsYDoNiA\\
\\     .:JoiN The Order:.   //

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 02:01:52 am »

reading about those simpathetic crystal things immidatly made me think of a way to make a pair of glasses into eye lazers. if you could have a really small crystal and a fire gem or whatever inside some sort of remote-conroll sized box to keep them in place, firing the gem into one crystal, its linked crystal could be your glasses, simply activate the gem and BOOM
Pages: 1 2 [3]