Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 1381 times)

teh sam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2020, 12:59:00 pm »

No worries, I'll see what I can find with a river tile.

I played with biomemanipulator and was able to move the river to go through the embark.  (What an awesome tool!)  Took me a couple tries to realize that moving the path of the river actually moved the volcano tile each time.  That lead to some confusion.

Something else bizarre, when I went to embark, I got the warning that there were no cave spider silk items available, only giant.  I didn't know you could gen a world without cave spiders.  Or maybe that means that the dwarven civ hasn't domesticated them?  I've just never seen that error before, but to be fair I never genned worlds this small before.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2020, 01:20:57 pm »

The Region Manipulator allows you to adjust things on the Mid Level Tile level (i.e. what's in your embark tiles). It's a complement to the Biome Manipulator for the detailed scale (and with trial and error you can do wonky stuff like a circular river with it).

Apparently you got the Biome Manipulator working, though, which is great.

Cave spiders are vermin, and thus animals (which cannot be domesticated, but they spread webs all over the caverns), and apparently they aren't present in your civ's starting city's neighborhood (i.e. the caverns below it, I'd assume). Each plant and animal may randomly be available in each of the biomes they're valid for, so your civ presumably lucked out. It's not important in most cases though.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2020, 01:38:05 pm »

Here's one that matches, with surface flowing water, in a 4x4.
Spoiler: teh_sam2 (click to show/hide)

Also found this historically desirable embark, a volcano and surface flowing water in a 2x2, steel friendly
Spoiler: volc_riv_sf1 (click to show/hide)

teh sam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Today at 09:42:19 am »

The Region Manipulator allows you to adjust things on the Mid Level Tile level (i.e. what's in your embark tiles). It's a complement to the Biome Manipulator for the detailed scale (and with trial and error you can do wonky stuff like a circular river with it).

Apparently you got the Biome Manipulator working, though, which is great.

Cave spiders are vermin, and thus animals (which cannot be domesticated, but they spread webs all over the caverns), and apparently they aren't present in your civ's starting city's neighborhood (i.e. the caverns below it, I'd assume).

Is region manipulator part of the same script and I just didn't notice?  I'll have to take a better look and see what I can tinker with.  Thanks!  Also thought cave spiders were ubiquitous, but with a small enough world that makes perfect sense.

Here's one that matches, with surface flowing water, in a 4x4.
Spoiler: teh_sam2 (click to show/hide)

Also found this historically desirable embark, a volcano and surface flowing water in a 2x2, steel friendly
Spoiler: volc_riv_sf1 (click to show/hide)

This is great, especially that 2x2.  I have been playing 4x4 and I'm already getting considerable slowdown and feel like it's way too early.  It's odd though, I feel like I had a much more complicated forts in the past that didn't bog down this early.  I'm guessing maybe it's all the fluid mechanics of the volcano layers (and river).  Or maybe it's just more systems since my last fort.

Thanks again for the help!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Today at 11:33:56 am »

The Region Manipulator is a separate script: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164136.0.

Cave spiders cannot be exterminate if they're present, but they can be completely absent (as can any vermin). The more common they are the less likely it is they're not present.
Pages: 1 2 [3]