Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3833 3834 [3835]

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787533 times)

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #57511 on: March 18, 2024, 03:56:16 pm »

That's pretty much what I was doing in Bastiongate, and I had 200 dwarves with 200-600 animals (mostly caged) and only 4 FPS. For most of 60 years.

Goldbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57512 on: March 22, 2024, 10:32:28 pm »

The dwarfess Ushat Channeledsaint dehydrated to death. Thought she was recovered from injuries after being kicked out of the hospital, but was evidently too slow in crutch-walking to the booze.

Her husband Litast Zonbekom, unskilled as a metalsmith but fond of brass, crafted a brass statue in her honor. I didn't commission the image, just took what the hisfig generation gave me. I got a "crafted a masterpiece ☼brass statue of Ushat Channeledsaint☼ message and started to be impressed. Checked the description, it was commemorating her marriage... now I'm even more impressed, until I finished reading... her marriage to some other dude I'd never heard of, some Vabok Worthtorches.

So close, Litast, yet so far away. Let it go.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57513 on: March 24, 2024, 10:42:03 am »

Had an interesting time watching Thikut, a 35 y/o miner born in Gravearmor... Discovering him in a cave lake below our excavations, I followed him as he swam, then climbed up a cliff to what I thought was safety.  He was struggling to breathe after bruising his lung from the fall, and ignored my attempts to give him a way out by opening passages in walls, building stairs, etc.  He was stuck in a loop, and jumping across open spaces going back and forth (I had to look up "airborne" status in the wiki).  Then he decided to go back down in the water, swam about 12 tiles across to another cliff, scaled it, then sat there catching his breath.  We're all good, right Thikut?  Nope!  He ran off again and jumped another open space only to stand there at a dead end for a while.  So I assigned him to one of the temporary training squads for miners, and he went merrily on his way to store his pick in a bin, then go to sleep.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57514 on: March 26, 2024, 02:06:46 pm »

While upgrading bedrooms, I found a certain Urist's leg on his bed.  He lost his leg years before in battle, and apparently he has kept it on his bed all those years.  He felt nothing after seeing a dead body 8 times last season, maybe those were the times he slept, and the sight of his leg doesn't bother him.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57515 on: Today at 02:00:22 am »

The dwarfess Ushat Channeledsaint dehydrated to death. Thought she was recovered from injuries after being kicked out of the hospital, but was evidently too slow in crutch-walking to the booze.

Her husband Litast Zonbekom, unskilled as a metalsmith but fond of brass, crafted a brass statue in her honor. I didn't commission the image, just took what the hisfig generation gave me. I got a "crafted a masterpiece ☼brass statue of Ushat Channeledsaint☼ message and started to be impressed. Checked the description, it was commemorating her marriage... now I'm even more impressed, until I finished reading... her marriage to some other dude I'd never heard of, some Vabok Worthtorches.

So close, Litast, yet so far away. Let it go.
I didn't know crutch-walking could be so debilitating to movement speed. I guess I'll try to build an alcohol stockpile near the hospital of my forts. I think spreading out stockpiles seems like a good idea in general.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Mungrul

• Bay Watcher
  • Shambolic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57516 on: Today at 07:34:01 am »

I generally build a well into my hospitals, which helps with this, but then you end up with the messy buggers leaving half-used bars of soap all over the floor surrounding the well.
If Tarn added the ability to slip on bars of soap, I'm sure the traction benches would never be empty.
Pages: 1 ... 3833 3834 [3835]