Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress

(1/2185) > >>

Felius:
Well, to share the face palming moment you had. To qualify it's must be something that when you saw it you facepalmed in your own stupidity/obliviousness...

Well, to start, mine:
I have been building a out of the mountain wall to encircle the entrance and work for the outside needs of my dwarves. Ok, after I had built the entire wall, the second store floors, a barracks over the main gate, etc. I finally discover that, well, you can built constructions more than one tile at a time. Yes, after building a few hundred tiles with painstakingly micromanagement, I discover that I could have done that with a tenth of the work...

Elvang:
For awhile I was oblivious to the mass forbid/dump/melt features; I spent more time with the game paused after a siege marking stuff than the siege lasted.

AncientEnemy:
discovering the d->b menu.

oh god, the finger-destroying ages spent with the k tool manually dumping individual stones

Michaelsoftman:

--- Quote from: AncientEnemy on April 20, 2009, 09:18:57 pm ---discovering the d->b menu.

oh god, the finger-destroying ages spent with the k tool manually dumping individual stones

--- End quote ---

Oh man same here for me.

I remember digging out a large room, and then sighing as I would press 'k' then I'd press right, D, right, D, right, D etc etc until i marked like 200 stones for dumping.

Then someone showed me mass dumping...  I love that man.

Deracination:
Figuring out the caging system, but only after two Ogre-related incidents. Apparently dwarves living off of -dwarven ale- and +dwarven ale roast+ don't have the cognitive skills to realize that they can't transfer a raging Ogre from cage to cage by hand. I've been a lot more careful with similar tasks since....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version