Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2115748 times)

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #10185 on: September 27, 2017, 02:10:40 am »

Glassmaker gets fey mood, and we have no sand.

We've already dug his grave, and locked the room where the Glass furnace is. First Mood of the year, I should add. First mood, and we can't get anything from it. With the Werechameleon attack a few months earlier, I'm gonna take that as a bad omen.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:12:50 am by Z49000 »
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: September 27, 2017, 12:36:56 pm »

"The Broker bites the Giant Grey Squirrel in the teeth [...]"

Dude, we need you at the de-

"The Recordskeeper bites the Giant Grey Squirrel in the left lower incisor [...]"

Stop snogging that giant squirrel and get to the depot, we have-

"The giant grey squirrel collapses and falls to the ground from over-exertion."

DOOD.  STAHP.
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: September 28, 2017, 03:12:06 am »

Glassmaker gets fey mood, and we have no sand.

We've already dug his grave, and locked the room where the Glass furnace is. First Mood of the year, I should add. First mood, and we can't get anything from it. With the Werechameleon attack a few months earlier, I'm gonna take that as a bad omen.

Probably too late to matter for this dorf, but all the glass moods I've seen wanted raw glass as the first component. It's super cheap to buy from traders and you could probably even bring a few on embark. The game counts it as a gem for storage purposes.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: September 29, 2017, 01:45:54 pm »

Picked the wrong moment to test a lever I'd just connected to a retracting stone bridge, led to a fisherdwarf almost drowning XD.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: September 29, 2017, 05:02:41 pm »

Picked the wrong moment to test a lever I'd just connected to a retracting stone bridge, led to a fisherdwarf almost drowning XD.

Reminds me of an incident I had where a wrong lever pull resulted in almost everyone drowning. In magma.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: September 29, 2017, 05:51:19 pm »

In what possible way is that a WRONG lever pull? Sounds pretty right to me.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: September 30, 2017, 01:41:07 am »

Well, they should be burning, for starters. If any were vampires, you'd run the trouble of annoying retrieval operation.

Also, sudden random gameover screen isn't generally fun to watch.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: September 30, 2017, 10:19:47 pm »

Well he did say ALMOST everyone, so as long as at least someone survived there shouldn't have been a gameover screen AFAIK.

csparrow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: September 30, 2017, 10:54:47 pm »

I improperly constructed my magma forge,  and I didn't discover this until my legendary armor and weapon smiths as well as 3 other dwarves were unfortunately... Incinerated.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: October 01, 2017, 02:10:48 am »

"Oh no, the magma's overflowing... Hey, I'll just use this guy sitting in the tavern to dig a channel down to drain it!" The dwarves have discovered a cavern deep underground.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: October 02, 2017, 01:00:36 pm »

Ok. First time drilling through an aquifer, decide to have two pumps running. End up kind of overfilling the aquifer, (i don't know how I did that too.), anyway, half of the first floor is flooded. Restart the fort, because the mud on the floor was pissing me off. Second try with one pump: some idiot decides to try to SLEEP in the hole that the pump is sucking from... IDK how he survived.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: October 02, 2017, 08:18:48 pm »

"Oh no, the magma's overflowing... Hey, I'll just use this guy sitting in the tavern to dig a channel down to drain it!" The dwarves have discovered a cavern deep underground.
Oh wow. Did that just drain magma into the caves?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: October 07, 2017, 07:57:19 pm »

I forgot the lever that opened clown breeding program to the outside world and the one that closed my gate for a siege, thankfully the goblins kept them busy for the most part, still lost 20 dwarves dropping my popilation to 100 and migrants seem to have stopped coming as my dead dwarves have jumped to over 300 now.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: October 09, 2017, 04:57:51 am »

My mayor has a thing for amulets and frequently forbids their export after a load has been dumped on the trade caravan, but before they leave the map. This tends to result in a lot of dwarves (who have nothing to do with the crafting industry nor trade) doing jail time. First time I've seen the mayor sentence the Captain of the Guard though.

The real facepalm here is I appointed a deputy so the CoG could be arrested, hoping for a hilarious cancel message, but he finished his current arrest mere moments before the deputy got to him and decided to eat instead of making another.

Pearofclubs

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of -it-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: October 10, 2017, 02:31:46 pm »

So one time I set up a lovely little training arena for my militia, designed expressly to toughen them up. Diagonal ledges over soft sand floors, so they Dodge and fall in their armor. Hooked up to a, um... Mandatory swimming pool, so they have to learn to swim, and also build some muscle? The entryway was sealed by a raising bridge.

Everything was all set up and ready to go. I checked to see that they were all inside and gave the order to throw the lever and seal off and flood the place. Right before the lever was thrown, my militia captain decided it would be a great time to duck out and eat, and of course the timing was just right to get himself smashed into nothingness by the bridge. I literally smacked my forehead. He was wearing my best armor and was the most trained dorf in the fort...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:34:07 pm by Pearofclubs »
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 729