Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2095968 times)

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #10365 on: April 16, 2018, 12:16:40 pm »

What utilities from the bundle do you use? 
Might be possible to install them all separately. 
And don't forget to delete libstd.so.6 or whatever, if you need to.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: April 16, 2018, 01:06:35 pm »

:) thanks for the help, i just generated a new world - which dfhack modules?
autoprune dead/missing list; don'tcooktallow; enhanced gameplay; other automation plugins; mousequery; performance tweaks;

- currently i was just so much facepalming as i still have so much to learn about linux.
the basic LNP works, i use only soundsense so far, but i already tested and DT works,
created a world with LNP and now going for the lnp with mephs.
if mephs can create a world whiel soundsense is running, i'll embark and use DT.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Nebirius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: April 16, 2018, 11:31:50 pm »

Thought I'd finally contribute to this forum after silently reading in the shadows for so long

My facepalm moment was when my fort was being attacked, I closed the doors(aka the three large drawbridges that create the path into my fort) and then I realized a kid was still outside the doors and had to watch as they bravely fought off three of the invading elves before dying, that was the son of the leader of my fort, he then dived off the tower to save his kid and I had to watch as he died as well, then the fort died cause the elves killed everyone after breaking down the doors

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: April 17, 2018, 05:43:02 am »

[...] I closed the doors(aka the three large drawbridges that create the path into my fort) [...] the elves killed everyone after breaking down the doors
Wait, what? Drawbridges can only be destroyed by temperature and tantrums.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: April 17, 2018, 06:57:21 am »

[...] I closed the doors(aka the three large drawbridges that create the path into my fort) [...] the elves killed everyone after breaking down the doors
so i'm not the only one who is confused by this.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: April 17, 2018, 02:15:58 pm »

Were the elves burning angry, and tantrumming?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Nebirius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: April 17, 2018, 03:16:18 pm »

Yea that was the problem, one of my dwarfs had a temper tantrum and destroyed the drawbridges because the elves were sieging us for so long he went crazy( we kinda deforested a whole jungle and then sold them everything we made with the wood) sorry I didn't make it clearer, (I just attibuted the crazy dwarf to them cause my fort was working without crazy dwarfs for almost 10 years in game before the 3 year long siege)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: April 17, 2018, 03:24:03 pm »

He destroyed three drawbridges? That is some bad luck right there. Also, I didn't realize the elves still declared war after enough refused requests to sell wood.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: April 17, 2018, 11:56:46 pm »

Elves only have natural animals, which are not building destroyers. If you have any door in the corridors, lock the door and they wouldn't have passed!
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: April 24, 2018, 05:13:44 pm »

When I realized what exactly "infinite water source" meant.

Hint: flooding. Fun.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

weiserthanyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: April 25, 2018, 11:33:35 am »

I just discovered why I haven't been able to mine deeper for over a year, for no reason.
I built a grate and level covering the entrance to the deeper area to stop the irritating underground monsters from just waltzing up the mineshafts and into my fort. then i totally forgot because they blend in near-perfectly with the surrounding floor and I've been so busy revamping my upper levels' defenses.

*headslamming*
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where a person can have his head be destroyed by necrosis and only die when the doctor amputates his torso.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: April 28, 2018, 12:05:42 am »

When dwarves insist on continuing to haul entire boulders and giant cages after werebeasts, semimegabeasts, and titans are chasing them...

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: April 28, 2018, 03:39:48 am »

I always assumed that when I heard somebody mention clowns, they were actually talking about an army of honest to goodness clowns that attacked you if you found some kind of clown car easter egg. To this day when I see the elf bards that my texture set gives clown sprites to, I have a tiny heart attack because some unconcious part of me still thinks there are actual clowns in the game that will fuck up my shit.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: April 28, 2018, 01:56:09 pm »

I always assumed that when I heard somebody mention clowns, they were actually talking about an army of honest to goodness clowns that attacked you if you found some kind of clown car easter egg. To this day when I see the elf bards that my texture set gives clown sprites to, I have a tiny heart attack because some unconcious part of me still thinks there are actual clowns in the game that will fuck up my shit.

This is exactly why (although not the only reason) calling hellspawn "clowns" is so stupid.  *Facepalm*
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: April 28, 2018, 09:40:24 pm »

That is a plus, friend.
In a time before time, I had a name.
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 729