Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2117227 times)

JDF117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #5220 on: October 16, 2011, 10:53:42 pm »

Building a wall around my fortress, then having goblins stand on top of it and shoot at my dwarves.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: October 17, 2011, 01:32:17 am »

Building a wall around my fortress, then having goblins stand on top of it and shoot at my dwarves.

Building wall and tower (covered with roof) to kill goblins standing on wall , then siege with [FLIER] tag arrived and decided to sit on top of roofed tower, scaring everyone in entire fort.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: October 17, 2011, 06:40:40 am »

Building wall and tower (covered with roof) to kill goblins standing on wall , then siege with [FLIER] tag arrived and decided to sit on top of roofed tower, scaring everyone in entire fort.

One long, winding trapped to buggery (or sealable) kill corridor will make fliers path into it because they are retarded and nullifies any and all damage flying actually does. Except flying megabeasts like rocs. They full well know your wall is weak and they will exploit it.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: October 17, 2011, 01:15:25 pm »

Setting an area to be sealed off in preparation for becoming a magma cistern, getting distracted for a day, then next day just turning on the pumps without checking it.  2 babies, 4 dwarves, and a bucketload of kittens died instantly because they were walled in
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: October 17, 2011, 01:15:44 pm »

Dear Urist McButtfuck.

I know that my axedwarf if complaining about mismatched equipment and i appreciate you picking up his axe he refuses to use, despite the fact it is masterwork adamantine. I know you wan't to chase after the guy who got the mithril cleaver from the slade tower. I KNOW that you are a bit stupid. But for the love of god must you strip the adamantine gauntlets and boots off the other guys after removing the station and they briefly revert to the civvie professions and then DROP THEM ON THE FLOOR before walking away. The undead will enjoy their gifts at any rate.

Sincerely, your apoplectic Overseer.

Wrong thrad but applicable..
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: October 17, 2011, 02:50:08 pm »

I just recently remembered that the wooden spike trap components are NOT good for use in a danger zone.

I remembered this because of what happened when I activated it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find 3 new militia member and to rename that room the 'Extra Danger Room'
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #5226 on: October 17, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »

My Horse Foal is no longer enraged.

WTF?

And why does Mommy Horse have a bruised brain?

Check Reports....

Apparently, Bulls don't get along well with other animals...

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: October 17, 2011, 06:29:51 pm »

well, I did my first stone layer aquifer fort, I wanted to drain out a non-aquifer soil layer, and got some hatches in case it actually was an aquifer layer... turns out I sealed my fort with water, at which then tried to fix by raging and trying to break the covers with a mudstone tower I built over the hollow the plug (to strike beneath the watery death) left, didn't work out and killed a master miner...
your settlement was abandoned
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

ImaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: October 17, 2011, 08:02:47 pm »

Two of my starting seven are now dead, with another seriously injured, due to my inability to make a mist generator.  *Facepalm*

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: October 17, 2011, 10:58:10 pm »

That is why you wait till you got 40+ to make one in the meeting hall lol
Also make sure you use disposable dwarves :P
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #5230 on: October 18, 2011, 03:53:22 am »

Two of my starting seven are now dead, with another seriously injured, due to my inability to make a mist generator.  *Facepalm*

I share your pain. I've been trying since 40d.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: October 18, 2011, 04:24:24 am »

Wait. They are dead due to badly designed construction of mist generator?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: October 18, 2011, 09:24:35 am »

"and now all thats left is to pierce the aquifer...."
The simple Fun of water-pressure.

Incidentally an experiment with damp-stone lead to a room being flooded to 7/7 and being forever sealed off with a bulging, soggy, leaking door. I imagine a simple sign in runes "Do not open, ever, aquatic fort-death herein"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:26:44 am by hjd_uk »

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: October 18, 2011, 10:42:12 am »

My MALE Militia captain named the squad "the helmed women". I'm now extremely concerned about him(her?)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: October 18, 2011, 12:23:52 pm »

My MALE Militia captain named the squad "the helmed women". I'm now extremely concerned about him(her?)
He and/or she may have a problem. Check his relationships.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 729