Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2113003 times)

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #5775 on: February 18, 2012, 08:08:52 pm »

Went to convict a vampire and have my hammerer stove his head in with a silver hammer.
Convicted the victim by mistake, and a tantrum spiral was avertred only by my Expedition Leader liking to help people adn having both consoler and pacifier up to adaquate. I felt absolutly stupid for not paying attention to that.....

The soldiers had a less problem, taking thier frustration out on a few goblin snatchers.

SO, i can Convict nobles now just because? O YEA!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: February 18, 2012, 08:18:00 pm »

Went to convict a vampire and have my hammerer stove his head in with a silver hammer.
Convicted the victim by mistake, and a tantrum spiral was avertred only by my Expedition Leader liking to help people adn having both consoler and pacifier up to adaquate. I felt absolutly stupid for not paying attention to that.....

The soldiers had a less problem, taking thier frustration out on a few goblin snatchers.

So, I can Convict nobles now just because? OH YEAH!

1. Fixed.
2. You can even convict the victim if you feel like it, just to piss off your dwarves. Granted I found that out by mistake, but still.

Badger Beater

• Bay Watcher
  • Bushtit women, you say???
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: February 18, 2012, 09:56:20 pm »

In a fort rather low on natural resources, I finally managed to procure some metal bars from the Dwarven caravan, to beef out my battered, overstretched military.

Queue this:

Urist McTrainedinmostmetalworkingskills has been possessed!

I waited in anticipation to see what he'd make. Maybe a fine axe to cleave a goblin's skull, or a helm to withstand even the most brutal assault...

Urist has made Metalwastes, an iron throne!

Yup, you can guess the rest.

The fort was soon ended by a beastman bumrush from below, in my 'vein' attempt to find some schtuff.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: February 18, 2012, 10:29:56 pm »

I have not done it, so what does the unhappy thought your dwarves get when you convict the wrong person say?
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: February 18, 2012, 10:35:48 pm »

I have not done it, so what does the unhappy thought your dwarves get when you convict the wrong person say?

Urist McCratfsdorf has been unhappy lately. He was angered by the bizzare conviction of a victim beyond all reason lately

Granted they'd been sleeping on grass or in dorms without thier own rooms, but still.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: February 18, 2012, 10:38:44 pm »

Urist McCratfsdorf has been unhappy lately. He was angered by the bizzare conviction of a victim beyond all reason lately

Granted they'd been sleeping on grass or in dorms without thier own rooms, but still.

That is awesome, lol.

Also, I've managed to keep dwarves happy through sleeping in mud for a year due to a flooding accident, so try harder :P

...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: February 18, 2012, 10:46:35 pm »

That is awesome, lol.

Also, I've managed to keep dwarves happy through sleeping in mud for a year due to a flooding accident, so try harder :P

Well I've been working a critter I need to finish for a succession game, and the elf blood rain kept pissing them off. They all felt better after they bitch at my expedition leader.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: February 18, 2012, 11:09:17 pm »

ElfMcLavad cancels drink:  Dangerous terrain.
ElfMcLavad has bled to death.

Lol.  Oops.  I guess my lava trap works.

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: February 19, 2012, 12:37:02 am »

Accidently killed a innocent miner who had the same first name as a vampire.  ::)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: February 19, 2012, 01:43:15 am »

sat and watched a vampire feeding on a child, went into justice system after someone found the body and convicted him.

3 minutes later i see him in the dining room and realize i forgot to switch the Cotg to a silver hammer instead of a wooden one....

there needs to be a specific action for calling someone a vampire in fortress mode, followed by a sentence of 'beat until dead'

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: February 19, 2012, 01:46:27 am »

sat and watched a vampire feeding on a child, went into justice system after someone found the body and convicted him.

3 minutes later i see him in the dining room and realize i forgot to switch the Cotg to a silver hammer instead of a wooden one....

there needs to be a specific action for calling someone a vampire in fortress mode, followed by a sentence of 'beat until dead'

75% of the time it IS beat until dead. Just vampires happen to have really hard heads, even for a dwarf.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: February 19, 2012, 03:15:37 am »

There is a rattlesnake in the river under my bridge, NOT DROWNING, and it is scaring all my dwarfs away from building a Trade Depot  ::)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: February 19, 2012, 05:05:27 am »

Played as Master Lasher with steel whip in adventure, killed the entire government of a Human nation, as well as several civillians, as they slept in their homes.

Then was ambushed and killed by a pack of wolves  >:(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: February 19, 2012, 10:10:26 am »

My ... dwarves just elected a vampire into the mayor's office. Several weeks after she was found out and convicted for two murders.

I don't know anymore.  :-[
wow, it's almost as if Dwarfs are little psychopaths. :o
you don't say?
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: February 19, 2012, 10:15:22 am »

My ... dwarves just elected a vampire into the mayor's office. Several weeks after she was found out and convicted for two murders.

I don't know anymore.  :-[
wow, it's almost as if Dwarfs are little psychopaths. :o
you don't say?

It's very hard not to sig that.
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 729