Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2116644 times)

anzelm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #7770 on: June 14, 2013, 05:44:31 am »

That's a facedesk, not a facepalm.

I forgot about a minecart shotgun I set up and shortly had my entire workforce reload  and fire it in a loop. On the bright side, only 4 dwarves suffered injuries.
And they raise their wooden pints
And they yoik and sing
And they fight and dance till the morning!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: June 15, 2013, 11:59:01 am »

Not much of a facepalm but...

I have a citizen who got her hands eaten by a cave crocodile. She lived of a couple years poping the occasional "cancel task, too wounded" message. But now I just saw her running back and forth, bumping in a corner of the bar stockpile. I first thought it was a return of the initial hauling bugs that caused dwarves to run in circles but no, that was my hand less cripple.

In the corner there is a bar of soap, she kept running back trying to grab it to clean herself but is just unable too. I laughed, then I felt bad.

Edit : After 20 tries of so she gave up and went for a drink, her life kind of suck.

11sparky11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: June 15, 2013, 01:43:32 pm »

I have a citizen who got her hands eaten by a cave crocodile. She lived of a couple years poping the occasional "cancel task, too wounded" message. But now I just saw her running back and forth, bumping in a corner of the bar stockpile. I first thought it was a return of the initial hauling bugs that caused dwarves to run in circles but no, that was my hand less cripple.

In the corner there is a bar of soap, she kept running back trying to grab it to clean herself but is just unable too. I laughed, then I felt bad.

Edit : After 20 tries of so she gave up and went for a drink, her life kind of suck.

Urist McDoctor should have done an Azog jobbie on her.
HugoLuman: What got in?
MrSparky: The river.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: June 15, 2013, 05:40:05 pm »

She'll be back, I once had a quadriplegic dwarf who spent the vast majority of her time doing the same thing.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: June 16, 2013, 02:30:13 pm »

She'll be back, I once had a quadriplegic dwarf who spent the vast majority of her time doing the same thing.

Yep, she is bumping again in the stockpile's corner. Not that there is much else to do, besides attending parties and being elected mayor. I wish I could attach hooks on her arms, that will go with her fear of crocodiles.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: June 16, 2013, 02:42:26 pm »

Maybe Toady One should implement, in addition to crutches, hooks? I guess it would be a bit of work designating all the jobs suitable for Urist McTwoHooks though: Urist McTwoHooks cancels clean self - self induced injury. Urist McTwoHooks has given in to pain.

Hellmoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Exports: Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: June 17, 2013, 08:35:19 am »

A giant Kea broke one of my macedwarves' wrists, so naturally she went to lie down in the Hospital. Fair 'nuff.

I watched for a little while for one of my three(!) Great+ doctors to come up and treat her. And I watched. And watched. "Maybe I assigned them the wrong burrow," I naively thought. No - as it turns out one of them was attending a party, one of them was "On Break" in spite of never having done literally any work, and the third one had decided to have a nap that turned into a kind of hibernation.

In the end I roped in some bright young carpenter (hey, he works with saws, that's almost surgery) and he did the whole thing in about five minutes - diagnosis, suturing, bone setting, wound dressing... Zero skill in all of them, but he wasn't going to be deterred by a little thing like his own deadly incompetence. The medical system's stupid, man.
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: June 18, 2013, 02:13:32 pm »

When my entire fortress ground to a halt because of one undead ox ear hair. ONE FREAKING HAIR!

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: June 18, 2013, 02:44:11 pm »

When my entire fortress ground to a halt because of one undead ox ear hair. ONE FREAKING HAIR!

One VERY BIG Ox hair.

As far as I know undead body parts get their body stats from the living creature. So an undead ox hair should be the same size as the ox.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where everything is quantum. :)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: June 18, 2013, 03:23:18 pm »

It's not a single hair.

It's the entirety of all the ox's hair.

Urist McKoga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: June 18, 2013, 07:45:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry, but i have only dabbling skills.

This is possible? Not the part of getting skills (and becoming a swordhair).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:47:16 pm by Urist McKoga »

orodoth

• Bay Watcher
  • A fat and drunken dwarf is a happy dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: June 18, 2013, 08:26:51 pm »

Sorry, but i have only dabbling skills.

This is possible? Not the part of getting skills (and becoming a swordhair).

Man that made my day :D (and believe me, it was a bad one. coming back from vacation only to walk into a s4!t storm at work...yeesh) Thanks

Urist McKoga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: June 18, 2013, 08:56:28 pm »

Thanks man! This comment made my night. My first attempt to draw something (first posted at least).

-Firestar-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: June 19, 2013, 05:30:34 pm »

Built well. Watched all the water run through the pipes. Figured it would take a while to fill up.

Went off to build some new workshops, set new mining tasks. Came back to a flooded dining hall because I forgot to go check it again and close the floodgate when it got full. Well, there went 5 hours of trying to buid this stupid well....

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: June 19, 2013, 06:08:24 pm »

Ladies and Gentleman, may I present to you the race of the night:

Racer No1: Urist McPlanter who is running to pick up a minecart that stopped on an unpowered roller.
Racer No2: Urist Mchanic who is running to pull the main power lever.

And, yeah, of course it's a draw. I didn't know there is such a thing as "not enough traction bench".  :D
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 729