Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2095560 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #5760 on: February 17, 2012, 10:10:17 am »

My ... dwarves just elected a vampire into the mayor's office. Several weeks after she was found out and convicted for two murders.

I don't know anymore.  :-[
wow, it's almost as if Dwarfs are little psychopaths. :o
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: February 17, 2012, 01:23:37 pm »

Lost limb will fighting a necromancer, picked it up and beat necromancer to death with it (dual wielded with limb and axe  :D)
But I should have thrown it out the window, because I dropped it, it reanimated, and then killed me
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: February 17, 2012, 04:13:47 pm »

Lost limb will fighting a necromancer, picked it up and beat necromancer to death with it (dual wielded with limb and axe  :D)
But I should have thrown it out the window, because I dropped it, it reanimated, and then killed me

Would that count as suicide or murder since it was.... y'know, your own arm...

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: February 17, 2012, 04:56:30 pm »

I had a nice operation set up with magma smelters and forges. Occasionally magma crabs appeared. This one had been shooting at a fisherdwarf really often but now it took a different target. Nish Morulamost, Metalsmith and avid dodger. Yeeeep. He's going into the velcaner. So I tombed him while he's still falling. Blaggard.  ::)

Edit; he left a wife and two passing acquaintances. May he toil in peace in Armok's forge. And may he study in Mishtem's library.

Also, magma-death seems changed. He didn't drown nor did he get combat reports about how the magma is sizzling him. He left a plume of smoke at -156

Magmacrab is named Istamlimul. I wish it meant 'little bitch' rather than 'lightgold.'
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:04:07 pm by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

-Firestar-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: February 17, 2012, 07:52:51 pm »

New player here, so there's going to be a lot of these.  :P

Started a new fortress because I had exciting new design ideas. Digging... Digging... Digging... Noticed there were spots with really nice things like high value gems, gold and.. some type of rare rock that I forget what it was called. Noticed that walls look exactly like smooth stone, so I dig out the parts of my almost uniformed living area and put in walls that match so I have a color coordinated fortress. How clever is that!

I get to the dining area and find it's nothing but clay. Pretty red clay, but you can't smooth clay so I do my clever little trick and put in pretty walls.

Then I go to engrave them to find.... this is not a feature of this game and I have ruined the entire layout of my fortress. :/

Captain Mayhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: February 18, 2012, 08:57:44 am »

Would that count as suicide or murder since it was.... y'know, your own arm...
I can just imagine the necromancer going "Stop hitting yourself! Why are you hitting yourself? Stop hitting yourself!"

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: February 18, 2012, 09:19:29 am »

The guy who dodged magma crab shooting and fell into lava has returned as a ghost (in the lava sea) and I can't slab him. I can slab three others, though, but I never lost those others. ::?

Edit; Nish the dead is now haunting my food stockpile. Hm. What to do?

Edit2; his ghost appearing meant he was no longer thought to be missing at least. And he's disappeared again, too.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:30:44 am by FrisianDude »

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: February 18, 2012, 11:17:13 am »

Tode Terrorballs has been beating the commander for about six months now, with no change in results.

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: February 18, 2012, 11:20:07 am »

New player here, so there's going to be a lot of these.  :P

Started a new fortress because I had exciting new design ideas. Digging... Digging... Digging... Noticed there were spots with really nice things like high value gems, gold and.. some type of rare rock that I forget what it was called. Noticed that walls look exactly like smooth stone, so I dig out the parts of my almost uniformed living area and put in walls that match so I have a color coordinated fortress. How clever is that!

I get to the dining area and find it's nothing but clay. Pretty red clay, but you can't smooth clay so I do my clever little trick and put in pretty walls.

Then I go to engrave them to find.... this is not a feature of this game and I have ruined the entire layout of my fortress. :/

Yea, you can't engrave constructed walls, only smoothed rock walls.
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: February 18, 2012, 11:34:09 am »

Raaaargh! So now you tell me wooden roads can't be built on... So much for my dining room's flooring! :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: February 18, 2012, 12:23:38 pm »

Heh. B-C-f for floors. Roads are meant for roads. :P

Frost

• Bay Watcher
  • The reason we can't have nice things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: February 18, 2012, 12:47:43 pm »

Lurker emerging, alert alert beep boop lets go.

Face palm moment involved a horse, and my sub-equpied, ill-trained military. The combat reports all show the same thing, page after page of poor dwarves being kicked in the head, until one of the few equipped dwarves got a lucky strike on it's neck until it bled out. The face palm, I had a legendary hunter that could of done it easily without any casualties involved. Keep on forgetting about hunters...

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: February 18, 2012, 01:29:47 pm »

I just facepalmed after a comical situation involving a horse, a goat and a goblin lasher.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Fahgo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: February 18, 2012, 05:12:31 pm »

Started new fort with the new release. Embarked on a glacier. Got a vampire in a (very large) migrant wave. He killed 3 of my dorfs: the first I had no CotG so no witnesses came forward (despite it happening in the dorms next to the only dining room, just some random kid so no loss). Second time I appointed a CofG and 2 witnesses pointed to Ast Thabostoltar the Blacksmith (his victim was a farmer, no shortage of those). Third time 3 witnesses all pointing to Ast again (my cook from the original 7. Nooo!). So I look in the justice screen and see Ast is the convicted party for 2 of the 3 murders. Figure I'll add that first one as well. Go to convict somebody but forget his name. Hit return to come out, checked the name and went back... only to realise I'd just convicted some random farmer. And you can't change it. oops, should have pressed escape.

In a previous fort, threw a puppy down a volcano to see if I could spot candy. Short while later: "The Stray Puppy (Tame) has been missing for a week". Erm... Yeah. I know where it went. And I doubt it will come back. Surely "thrown down a volcano" doesn't really count as "missing". Can just imagine the dorfs all sat in the dining room, eating their ĪKitten Tallow BiscuitsĪ when Urist pipes up "Hey... haven't seen that puppy for a while. Wonder where it went". The others look at each other then say "Erm... Urist. You threw it down that volcano last week. Muttered something about Candy scouting" "Really? Oh... I wonder why it hasn't come back yet"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: February 18, 2012, 05:56:36 pm »

Went to convict a vampire and have my hammerer stove his head in with a silver hammer.
Convicted the victim by mistake, and a tantrum spiral was avertred only by my Expedition Leader liking to help people adn having both consoler and pacifier up to adaquate. I felt absolutly stupid for not paying attention to that.....

The soldiers had a less problem, taking thier frustration out on a few goblin snatchers.
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 729