Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680]

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had  (Read 1101166 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #10185 on: August 13, 2017, 10:57:07 am »

I embarked on a dark fortress. It only took 60 embarks but I got a sweet tower out of it and found out what hell was.

spoilers dude

But that sounds like an awesome first encounter.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: August 13, 2017, 01:56:17 pm »

I embarked on a dark fortress. It only took 60 embarks but I got a sweet tower out of it and found out what hell was.

How?  I could swear that post 40d dwarf fortress didn't allow embarking on other people's sites.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: August 13, 2017, 02:35:52 pm »

Embark-anywhere. I've seen them myself and they're pretty imposing. Took bit of inspiration from one for Moonhome.

Not sure why it took thoa 60 embarks though.

thoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: August 13, 2017, 03:26:06 pm »

I kept forgetting to buy weapons at embark. 

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: August 13, 2017, 03:36:17 pm »

Embark-anywhere. I've seen them myself and they're pretty imposing. Took bit of inspiration from one for Moonhome.

Not sure why it took thoa 60 embarks though.

I've talked about it before, but I've used embark anywhere to embark on vaults and tombs before as well. Tombs are admittedly rather uninteresting because the mummies don't seem to spawn, and vaults are FPS hogs, plus most of the residents are labeled as pets for some weird reason.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: August 19, 2017, 01:26:27 pm »

Old masterwork, semi-evil biome(no evil weather or revival). After attack of garpies only two dwarfs left, on healthy and inside, and horribly wounded blacksmith, Thekkud God-forsaken camps. After the fight, he started to veeeeryyy slowly  crawl  to the fort cave in a hill. He was starving and dehydrated, but since he was able to move(?) second dwarf won't pick up him. When he was about 20 tiles from entrance, he gone crazy, then walked to the food stockpile at normal speed immediately.
Why you... cuckoo, need to go insane to get to food to save your damn life?
My dwarf went to "attend a meeting" with expedition leader TAD. In Horrofailed, meeting the expedition leader means hitting them. Multiple times.
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680]