Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Mind & Magic Mafia! Round Two! Day 6!  (Read 20020 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mind & Magic Mafia! Round Two! Day 6!
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:36:21 pm »

Alright, I'll be the first to admit that I had a lot of fun hosting the first M&M Mafia, and I'd like to get another one going, with some changes.

A Mafia with lots of unique roles!

Basic Mafia Rules: There will be a number of players, some of these players are Mafia! The players spend the day voting on a person to kill, and the Mafia spend the night to kill one person at their own discretion.

There are rogue agents mixed in with special powers, each with the objective of having to kill all the other players.

Like the last game, this one will be no-flip also. Meaning that dead players won't have their role revealed.

The town wins should they manage to eliminate the mafia, and the rogue players. The mafia wins when they eliminate all other players. The Rogue players win when all players other than themselves are dead.

Two players will be selected at random to be "best friends". If one of the best friends die, then the other will be so grief-stricken that they'll commit suicide the next night. If the deceased BF is revived on the same night that the living BF would commit suicide, then the suicide is prevented from occurring. If at any time the two BF's are the only players left standing, they automatically win, regardless of what faction they're on.

This particular Mafia has the additional rule that the roles of dead players are NOT revealed, not to the populace and not to the killer. Only Investigaters can determine the roles of the dead.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unlike the first M&M Mafia, not all roles are guaranteed to be present, based on the size of the group playing. Besides adding some roles, I changed the Arrogant Master Detective to the Master Detective, who has the same abilities, but his deductions don't get broadcasted to everyone, so he doesn't have a method of certifying his identity to everyone. Also, the best friends know eachother, but they don't know eachother's role, unlike last game, where they did.

Additional rules:

-You may PM each other freely as long as I am CC'd on every PM. All communication is to include me.
-All votes are to be colored!
-You may never, ever, quote one of my PM's.
-The dead are to stay dead, no talking. PM'ing is still allowed.

breaking any of the rules will result in punishment being dealt on a case by case basis.

Any questions? If something seems wrong with the roles as I've laid them out, then feel free to point it out.

List of Player:

Zaithemaster
Boksi
Nuke
Masami Phonix
Wiles
Qwertyuiopas
Inaluct
Cheeetar
Pandarsenic
LASD
Bob_smith
Org
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 02:47:49 pm by chaoticjosh »

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Mind & Magic Mafia! Round Two!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:41:25 pm »

...Despite a decreasing amount of free time for me, I'll still be joining. =D
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 01:24:51 pm »

Yeah, I'll join this one too. Hopefully I won't get lost like last time.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 01:27:14 pm »

Well of course I am in.
Long Live United Forenia!

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 02:40:38 pm »

I'm in.  The other Mafia game I joined never went anywhere and I want to get a feel of more variants before trying my own.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 02:58:02 pm »

Sounds like fun, when do you think you would be starting?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 03:09:13 pm »

I disagree with pming after dead.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 03:31:35 pm »

Didn't notice that...
I think that what we did last round where the dead could still receive PMs but not send em was good. That way people would not have to be filled in on everything when (if) they're raised.
Long Live United Forenia!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 03:32:54 pm »

Yeah... It should probably be severely restricted, such as only being allowed between a Cop and his Enabler or two Best Friends, as both of these pairs have special relationships with each other. But at that point, it would be easier to just ban it completely anyway. But of course, Best Friends talking to each other after one has died is pretty much useless anyway, considering that the living one would die quickly after the dead one, unless the living one requires the dead one to think of a nifty way to make someone revive his Best Friend. So...I dunno. >,>

But it's up to Josh to make the final decision, anyway. I'm fine with whatever he says is allowed.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 03:54:07 pm »

In again!

Edit:
Imagine a custom site where players can only see what they were alive for, and dead players have their own chat(only visible posts are from when th player was dead).

You could have roles that ignore such retrictions and stuff, maybe even make the game perpetual, where players can join or leave any time(but their ip/email retains if it was alive or dead, and they can't rejoin for two days) and if one side actually managed to win, the game would automatically reset.

The reset game would be automatically archived for viewing by anyone.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 03:57:48 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 06:49:19 pm »

Sounds like fun, when do you think you would be starting?

I want a reasonably large number of people. Maybe 16 or more. My reasoning with this is that I want to try to work in the Deathamancer. The DM is just plain overpowered if the game starts with few people (12-13) so 16+ is ideal for balancing out the usefulness of his ability.

I thought about it long and hard when the issue was brought up with Zai during the first game. Seeing as how everyone can be revived, a dead player isn't necessarily a player that's out of the game, which is enough, I believe, to not completely excommunicate a dead player from his allies.

Also, even though I trust everyone, it'd be a pretty easy rule to break, so I might as well just let everyone do it anyway. I'm not a harsh rule master anyway, and it's not my intention to bully players with the rules anyhow, so I want to avoid rules that'll force me to intervene often.

So for these reasons, being forbidden from voting and posting in the thread is enough for my tastes. So long as the spirit of the game is upheld, I'm pretty alright.

If you have a counter argument, then I'm more than willing to listen to it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 06:52:57 pm »

Well, it'd let a dead player be able to give information that they learned during the game without having to worry about being dead. The Master Detective could easily investigate without telling anyone and then tell someone everything he knew when he were dead. Plus, if there are no more reviving players, then that argument is moot.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 06:59:20 pm »

Sign me up.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 01:39:31 am »

I'll play this.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 01:42:53 am »

I'm in.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13