Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: RTD Rookie Deathmatch II - Delayed turn 10 was delayed.  (Read 15075 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RTD Rookie Deathmatch II - Delayed turn 10 was delayed.
« on: April 22, 2009, 06:00:14 pm »

By popular demand, Rookie Deathmatch RTD Round 2 is here. (The original thread was going to be named Rookie Deathmatch RTD.)

Quote from: RTD Standard 1.1 ruleset:
The GM (Game Master) posts a situation you, the players, are in. You then post your actions, exactly one action per turn. Once all players have made their actions, the GM posts again, with the results of the actions and the state of the world around you. After which you post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
[1]: Epic Fail. Whatever you tried to achieve, you didn't, and you made it worse.
[2]: Fail. You didn't, or couldn't do what you tried to.
[3]: Meager success: You didn't fail, but you didn't succeed either. Like trying to sit on two chairs but ending up on one.
[4]: Success: You succeeded in your plight. All consequences are now your problem.
[5]: Epic Success: You succeed in the most positive way possible. The universe will bend to your will.
[6]: Overshot: You achieved what you tried to achieve, but you made it worse by doing so in the most inhumanely overpowerful way possible. Casualties are inevitable.

In addition, if at any time something threatens you, you get a free roll to dodge it. If you end up in a very bad situation as a result of the first dodge roll, you may or may not get another free roll to narrowly escape death.

Quote from: RTD Extended 1.6 ruleset:
Swarm rules: Each successive dodge roll during a turn, unless it is a dodge against the same object or character, will get a -1 bonus.

Status rules:
If you are Stunned, Dazed, or otherwise receive a temporary penalty to overall or individual rolls, this penalty lasts until your next action is resolved, and not through the whole turn.
If you receive a long-term effect that has the potential to alter itself, you get an Effect Resistance roll immediately after your action is resolved to determine the spread and consequences of the effect.
If you are Unconscious, whatever penalty you receive will not reduce your roll score below 2, unless stated otherwise.
If you receive a mortal wound but are not killed outright, you need to pass a roll to avoid death at the end of every turn.

Combo rules:
You can spend your turn to help another player achieve his goal. If your roll is higher, it is taken as the success roll for the action.
You can also spend your turn to botch another player's action. If your roll is higher, its opposite is taken as the success roll for the action.
In both cases, individual player rolls determine what happens to the players in the course of the action.

Action rules:
Some actions may be considered "free", depending on the circumstance, and not require a roll.
As such, these actions can be paired with normal actions without penalty.

Quote from: RTD Enhanced Wound System:
Wounds follow a hierarchical structure:
Unharmed
Bruised
Slightly Wounded
Wounded (-1 to rolls)
Severely Wounded (-2 to rolls)
Mortally Wounded (-2 to rolls, condition deteriorates rapidly)
Dead

In addition, a player may be lightly bleeding, moderately bleeding, or heavily bleeding.

At the end of each turn, including the turn when the player was wounded, a roll is made to see if the player’s condition improves, stays the same, or deteriorates.
A 6 improves the condition one level, and reduces bleeding by one level. Bruises may clear up on their own in two turns.
If the player is mortally wounded or bleeding, a 1 will kill him/her.
For each level of bleeding, the condition may deteriorate at +1. Mortal wounds add +2.:
Lightly bleeding: 1 will worsen the condition
Moderately bleeding: 1 or 2 will worsen the condition
Heavily bleeding: 1-3 will worsen the condition.
Lightly bleeding while mortally wounded: 1-3 will worsen the condition.
Heavily bleeding while mortally wounded: Any roll other then 6 will be fatal.

One wound may cause more then one level of damage, and/or bleeding at the GM’s interpretation of both the situation and the die roll.

Quote from: RTD Experience System level 2.3:
Any time an action succeeds, exp may be given, with 1 exp on a (3), (4), or (6), and 2 exp for a (5). A level resets exp to zero. A turn may be used to just learn something, which gives +1 exp, at the cost of not doing anything else on a successful roll. A 1 or 6 failure will still hurt, but failures will give exp.

Levels are as follows:
Dabbling: 0/2 exp – Rolls may succeed on a (3).
No adjective: 0/4 exp – +1 to all actions using this task
Competent: 0/6 exp – Tasks may be done well (+1 to roll, default) or carefully(-1 to roll if it is above 3, 1 is less deadly).
Skilled: 0/8 exp – Tasks may be done skillfully (Negates up to 2 values of bonuses or penalties not in the player's favor).
Legendary: 0/12 exp – Tasks may be done perfectly (+1 on rolls, new default, negates up to 2 values of bonuses or penalties not in the player's favor).

Actions use the default modifier if the player doesn’t specifically state that they are doing them {well, carefully, skillfully, or perfectly}.

Quote from: Nirur Torir’s Magic System
Each spell will have one point per skill level in its magic category. Each point adds one benefit (IE: +1 damage, 50% chance of poisoning target, multi-target). Some spells may have one or more drawbacks, adding more points. The GM alone will determine what each spell does, but the player might make suggestions (“I cast an explosive fireball spell!”). Spells will automatically improve when cast if the magic level has increased. A spell cast with no magic level will be roughly as effective as a punch.

Spells may be empowered, giving +1 point to the spell for the round at a -1 penalty to the roll.

Additional rules:
Permadeath is in effect. No ghosts or resurrections.
Since it is an arena, the crowd may take actions. Spectators may vote on what the crowd will do; the crowd will not gain xp or use items, so success may be limited, especially for overly difficult tasks.

Eight player slots are available. Fairness and more variety in players: anybody who had a character in the first round may try to join, but anybody else joining within 12 hours of this post may take their place.

No waiting queue exists. Characters that don’t post their turn daily shall eventually go insane.

1- Org
2- Shoruke
3- Inaluct
4- R1ck
5- Knightedskull
6- Frelock
7- Pacho
8- Errol

The situation: You were a serf, happily working lands for your lord. Foreigners came, razed everything in the local area, killed your lord, and enslaved all the serfs. After a perfectly boring voyage by sea, six of you were brought to a big coliseum. After an extended fight, only one remained. He was given an apprenticeship in the local wizards guild. Eight more of you are now being forced to fight to the death; who will win?

He gives each of you some basic equipment and sends you out to the field.

Each of you are pushed into the arena, arrayed in a circle around the center, 10 meters apart. There is a big cheering crowd, two heavy-looking metal gates, and several guards armed with repeater crossbows.

Each player has 8 points to spend on items and abilities.
A level 1 ability costs 2 points.
A level 2 ability costs 4 points.
An equippable item with +1 to a stat/roll type/dodge/toughness costs 2 points. (Only one +1 each. No taking items that give a total of +4 to doge.)
A consumable item costs 1 point. (Healing potion, poisoned potion, herb of focus, etc.)
Spells are free, if you have the magic skill.

At my discretion, starting inventory may be toned down, particularly consumables.

When applying, include your starting inventory/stats, and a first turn.

Edit - Sample character added and empowered spells added to magic section.

Sample character:
Longsword of +1 damage
Steel platemail of +1 toughness
Necromancy level 1
Healing Potion
Intelligence Potion (+1 to spell rolls for three turns)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:46:52 am by Nirur Torir »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Rookie Deathmatch II - Signups
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 06:01:47 pm »

IN!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 06:08:20 pm »

I was in the last one, but I'll try to get in again. Hopefully being the first or second one in will save me from being jilted.

Name: Shoruke
Stuff: level 1 healing spell, level 1 fire spell, staff (+1 magic), leather armor (+1 against damage)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 08:37:26 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 06:23:34 pm »

I'd like to join.

Character:
Long Jagged Knife: +1 to damage
Level 1 Stabbing Skill
Billowing, Confusing Cape: -1 to 1 point of enemy accuracy
Level 1 Attack Magic

To tell the truth, my goal isn't so much to win as it is to have fun. Because the real winners are the ones that have fun blah blah blah etc.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:50:42 pm by inaluct »

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 06:25:27 pm »

I was in the last one, but I'll try to get in again. Hopefully being the first or second one in will save me from being jilted.

Name: Shoruke
Stuff: level 1 healing spell, level 1 fire spell, staff (+1 magic), leather armor (+1 against damage)

Going the mage route again I see...... I'll join if you still need players after awhile.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 06:25:56 pm »

I'm sorry, but there are no skills that directly enhance dodge or toughness.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 06:33:25 pm »

Fixed it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 06:43:10 pm »

Only one +1 from equipped items will be counted per roll. You cannot get a +2 to dodge from items, I'm sorry. That'd be boring.

Player A swings at Player B, aiming well.
Player B jumps out of the way.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will allow a negation of 1 point of the enemy's accuracy though.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 06:47:59 pm »

I'll take a character!

Rick the Barbarian:
Large Bloody Axe(+1 to wounding already wounded characters)
Level two mighty blow skill(Can increase damage of attack by +2 after preparing for one turn)
Herbal healing potion
A Rope

And I believe Inaluct took a few too many things. By my count, he spent 12 points out of 8.

BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 06:49:15 pm »

Okay, fixed it again.

Wait, recounting.

Fixing again.

Okay, should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:51:23 pm by inaluct »

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 06:55:35 pm »

I'll join in.

Name: Turgaged
lvl2 sword user
Items: +1 to toughness(allowed?) TowerShield, a flashion, and 2 healing potions.

Not sure if I did that right.

[edit:]wait, how much are normal items that don't have bonus?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:39:33 am by knightedskull »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 07:20:28 pm »

I'll hop on board.

Name: Frey
Skills:
lvl 2 Martial Artist
Magic:
lvl 1 healing magic
Items:
Fighter's Robe of +1 dodge
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 07:30:58 pm »

I'll join in.

Name: Turgaged
lvl1 block Invalid - Block/dodge aren't skills
lvl1 sword user 2 points
Items: +1 to blocking 2 points
TowerShield, Free
a flashion Free
healing potion. 1 point

Not sure if I did that right.

[edit:]wait, how much are normal items that don't have bonus?

Flavor items that don't do anything are free. Technically the sword changes the attack skill and possible damage effects, and you could throw it, but you could also grab and throw a rock for the same effect.
For simplicity's sake for this RTD, blocking = dodging.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 02:54:46 am »

I think I'll be a spectator now. I have a feeling everybody would try to kill me because I won the first game...
But I'll be still following this. (And being the crowd... *evil laughter*)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 03:57:16 am »

I'll join in! =D

Name: Pacho

Skills:
lvl 2 Scratchy fighting arts
lvl 2 Fingernail wound battle stapling

Items: None!  I'm a naked savage who fights with his (and others) abnormally long fingernails!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12