Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Upgrade Equipment" Button  (Read 1106 times)

JohnLukeG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Upgrade Equipment" Button
« on: April 24, 2009, 01:21:57 am »

Sorry if this has been suggested before - it's quite simple but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I think there should be a key to make soldiers upgrade their current equipment within the current item type.

For example, V - Dwarf - Soldiering - U (or something)

Said dwarf goes to the stockpile and replaces Obsidian Short Sword with Adamantine Short Sword.  It'd take quality level into account too, not just material.

Alternatively, you could make it available to do for individual items in the inventory screen...

Again, sorry if this was already planned, just that equipping my dwarves has been very frustrating to get right, and I want to be able to control it more so I can get my Perfectly Agile, Superdwarvenly Tough, Ultra-Mighty dwarf to pick up the top tier stuff before my recruits get their grubby hands on it.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Upgrade Equipment" Button
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 01:29:31 am »

Pretty sure this has been suggested before. I know I've read something like what you're saying, but I'm not sure if anything exactly as you've suggested has been posted before, though.
!!&!!

mythmonster2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 06:09:38 pm »

Probably has been suggested before, but what about a downgrade button also? Make sure your dwarves don't go sparring with adamantine weapons.
Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
And neither can I...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 06:31:10 pm »

Easy, a specific equip button.  Assign people equipment.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 06:35:17 pm »

I believe that it has also been suggested that we be able to assign training weapons and combat weapons separately, so that when sparring dwarves will automatically retrieve training weapons and when not sparring retrieve combat weapons.

Of course, I had that idea and told my brother, who told me it had been suggested before (at least in part), so some of that might not have been seen on this board before.  I don't know, because I never really did a search.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 06:39:32 pm »

Ah, legolord.  Great.

Assigning dwarves specific armor would be great.

Two sets would be spectacular.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned