Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: community fort... who's up for it?  (Read 9138 times)

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
community fort... who's up for it?
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:42:20 am »

Before I create a fort, I want to know would anyone want to start one? maybe in a sinister or haunted (NOT TERRIFYING) place with a chasm and/or magma with a mountain?
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: community fort... who's up for it?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 12:44:28 am »

sorry for double post forgot to set email replies
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 06:31:34 am »

*raises hand* ME ME ME! OH PICK ME! I WILL FUCK UP YOU'RE FORT! MISTER!

I'm willing, just don't expect a success story...
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:01:14 pm »

lol ok... what resources you want? I would choose but when I do, bad things happen... like demons :-(

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 08:18:51 pm »

Do you mean a fort that gets passed to different people to run for a year or something?
Or a fort where people ask for their own dwarf?
Or something else?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 08:20:46 pm »

its where everyone starts on the same starting position with the same embark dwarves and sees how long everyone survives

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 08:26:25 pm »

You mean a parallel reality fort?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 09:13:32 pm »

I've always heard of it as a community fort...

but yeah!

Coilgunner

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Over 9000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 09:54:50 pm »

That sounds awesome  :o.  I sadly have not heard of this before, but I think I would be up for it.  Sounds fun :D.
Sweet mother of God! I just arrived in adventure mode and the sturgeon is still spitting out bits of dwarf!

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 09:57:52 pm »

sweet, so thats two, Im aiming for around five... but I still need optimal resource requests

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 03:46:33 am »

Hmmm, sand, and magma and I'd be content.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 04:05:32 am »

Why the hell not?

Just don't expect either an epic story, or, indeed, for me to not get bored and stop writing but keep playing. :-\

flux, river (either type), magma (pipe), OTHER!!!!
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 10:57:33 am »

3, main resources are sand, magma, flux and river... and btw I don't really expect massive role-playing sagas, I really only would like status reports like what you have, what else needs to be done, etc.  You can still roleplay if you want though :)

EDIT: I would still like 2 more to join if possible, I will give it another 4 days

Oldin

• Bay Watcher
  • I Lost the game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 01:46:22 am »

I think I'll try and join :) I would really love HFS to be included, but it's not necessarily necessary.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 01:52:39 am »

sweet 4, and I'll try to get HFS but I won't try that hard...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8