Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: community fort... who's up for it?  (Read 9140 times)

Coilgunner

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Over 9000!
    • View Profile
Re: community fort... who's up for it?
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2009, 09:55:32 am »

I need to do quite a bit of catch upping ;_;
But that's fine, I'll get on it right away.  I was busy again over the week, and found out that I won't be able to work on Friday Saturday or Sundays.  Tonight I'm going to get back in and get the next year or so finished up.
Sweet mother of God! I just arrived in adventure mode and the sturgeon is still spitting out bits of dwarf!

Coilgunner

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Over 9000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2009, 08:02:32 pm »

I recently refound an issue I forgot about.  I killed all the cats on accident, now the main source of all of unhappy people (one person as of now) are complaining of being accosted by terrible vermin.

Shit,  we have a giant eagle problem.  Well not a problem yet but you know...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 08:15:09 pm by Coilgunner »
Sweet mother of God! I just arrived in adventure mode and the sturgeon is still spitting out bits of dwarf!

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2009, 08:16:03 pm »

wow, I should un-mark my cats for slaughter... thanks for that!

can I start playing again? I'm starting to take a liking to this fort as its the only one where I have gotten more than 2 sieges and actually started caring about all the negatives of mature forts, like cave adaptation and unhappiness and economy...

have you found gold, silver or copper yet?

I found some galena but its only 50% silver.

Ironicly, I found it in exaclty the place I had originally designated as my catacombs...
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2009, 08:59:19 pm »

I like galena as an import, you get the same amount of silver for the price, and a whole lot of spare metal for random stuff...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2009, 11:07:10 pm »

RAM! finally someone besides coil replies! how ya doin on the fort?
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2009, 11:42:31 pm »

Oh, sorry, I have been taking a break from DF, So it is still at the end of the first year...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2009, 11:45:51 pm »

oh.

well,its not like we've gotten to year 20....

Coilgunner

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Over 9000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2009, 10:16:58 pm »

Finally, spring has arrived, I've sat down and am finally catching up, got some coffee too so I'll be here awhile.  I just checked up on the status of my small military to find that they have progressed majorly, and I've also fixed a problem that was the cause of having to fix another problem.  Originally some of my military had a hard time dressing themselves, and were carrying around shields and swords in both hands, causing them to take injuries during sparring.  I set several to drop their plate and then forgot about it for about a year.  now they are very highly skilled but not fully protected as they should be.

Other than that I'll just keep updating.  I'm a little mad at myself for doing so little planning and making a poorly designed fortress, but I think I'm fine with it.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2009, 10:24:49 pm »

so you finished year 4?

I am currently working on building a dungeon for adventurers so I won't work on year 6 yet

Coilgunner

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Over 9000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2009, 10:04:27 am »

yep.

I seem to be having an issue with my mayor...  He demanded some things I had to ignore, and for almost a year has been complaining about wanting an "item" in his office.  However, "item" is very vague, I've put many items in his office, and no luck, what do you think this could mean

Oh My god... I just saw the message "Iteb cancels store item in barrel, seeking infant" so I checked and he was standing in the kitchen, trying to transfer some delicious plump helmet biscuits to the food stockpile.  The next thing  I saw was "resting" on him, right now he is walking over to a bed, and when I checked to see what injuries he had, it turns out this person got seriously screwed up from something, there is blood all over the kitchen, and ateb the dyer has a broken upper body

Ok it turns out he was beaten by the fortress guard, but thankfully they are both still ecstatic!  No signs of what caused the beating. (actually it was the missed mandate, sorry Urist McDyer, I guess the mayor thought you were the one responsible for not making nickle items)

Oh god why... my mayor re mandated the construction of three nickle items again, that was the mandate I recently ignored.

A decent sized migrant wave has arrived with a few very needed people, and some I don't care for.  Most importantly thought (and most intresting) was a kitten.  A named kitten.

We now have hunters, and they are well... killing everything, which is good.  The archers are skilling up, and a new artifact has been made!  For the artifact to be completed I had to make two glass furnaces and start a small scale glass production, lucky for us we have a black sand desert.  The artifact was a green glass hatch cover -.-  oh well, it was worth a lot.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:46:47 pm by Coilgunner »

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2009, 05:15:12 am »

wait have you finished year 5??

Coilgunner

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Over 9000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2009, 11:19:23 pm »

yeah...
I'm really sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to finish this game.  If it makes you feel better I'm going to continue playing this actual save I've got.  I might still post updates if that's alright, but it might be quite awhile left of playing (not that I was ever posting regularly anyways...)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]