Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist Mcsurvivor: The Legend of Doomedplace  (Read 562 times)

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist Mcsurvivor: The Legend of Doomedplace
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:03:14 pm »

•Doomedplaces•
                  Written by Urist Mcsurvivor

Prologue

2nd of Moonstone, 322, Early-Winter... Shortly after Urist McImcold died.. I realized I was the last
one left.. Anytime before, I had not even thought of writing our history, but.. As I go on, our fortress
seems like it could be a legend. So, now, I shall consider this the last entry, of a legend I have just begun.

Year 1

1st of Granite, 300, Early-Spring... We arrived at Doomedplace, hoping to start anew.
Unfortunately Urist McIhavenohands, came to me, the recorder, and counseller... Reporting that he suddenly lost his hands,
out of nowhere. He was bleeding everywhere, eventually panicked, and ran to the river to try and drink water,
thinking it would help somehow.

13th of Granite, 300, Early-Spring... One of our miners went insane, after twelve days of seeing a river of blood. He proceeded
to mine out a very strange cavern, then he threatened the other miner to mine one spot, and the whole cavern
collapsed... We now have no miners.

22nd of Granite, 300, Early-Spring... Despite many assurances from the king, I never believed him when he told us that the area
was not full of dangerous evils. One this day, I was proven correct. A raiding party of 16 goblins came to our tiny outpost of
four dwarves, we hadn't had any buildings up, and the best thing we could do was run.

1st of Slate, 300, Mid-Spring... We had all been seperated, I wasn't sure if my companions managed to survive.
I had found a small cavern. It looked abandoned, as there was food lying around, and it was completely silent.
I had used this area for 3 months, before finally recieving assistance. That assistance, however.. Did not come from my
friends.. Who I still do not know the fate of.

19th of Malachite, 300, Mid-Summer... A search party, consisting of 7 dwarves, came to my cavern, and had dragged me out. Their leader,
Urist Mcmauledbythreewolveswhilegettingadrinkfromthewrongplace, was the first one to see me, sitting in a corner, with my last piece
of food. They had already built a living quarter, a dining room, and large storage area, in the ruins of my party's downfall.

2nd of Galena, 300, Late-Summer... My job was simple, counsel everyone, and store the items we get. I had done this for a while, but in
the meantime.. On this day, our carpenter was taken by a mood. The problem was, he demanded crystals. I was given the task of
consoling him to the best of my abilities.

12th of Galena, 300, Late-Summer... Unfortunately, the carpenter did not take lightly to the shortage of crystals. He went insane,
and murdered 3 dwarves, then jumping into the river, while bleeding excessively, and drowning. The river turned red once more.

27th of Galena, 300, Late-Summer... Urist McSuicidal killed himself after going nuts, from seeing excessive amounts of blood.
It is now just me, and Urist Mcmauledbythreewolveswhilegettingadrinkfromthewrongplace...

4th of Limestone, 300, Early-Autumn... Urist Mcmauledbythreewolveswhilegettingadrinkfromthewrongplace had been mauled by three wolves
while getting a drink from the wrong assigned area. I was alone again, but at least I had more food, a bed, and a defensive wall.

Year 2

9th of Obsidian, 301, Late-Winter... I had run out of food, but another search party had come. I don't know why It took them so long, but I didn't
care at the moment. This time, there were 17 dwarves, the leader of which was the king's knight, Urist Mcvaporizedbysteaminanincidentthatinvolvedlotsofelvesmagmacatsandwater.
He was very kind to me, and let me stay in a nobles room, and relax. I believe he thought I really was a noble, but maybe it was just because I had been through
so much.

Year 3

2nd of Granite, 302, Early-Spring... Things were going good for the first time. We found the magma pool, the underground river, and bauxite. I was finally able
to relax.

3rd of Granite, 302, Early-Spring... Shortly after 'finally relaxing', things took a turn for the worse. Fire Imps jumped out of the magma pool, and lizardmen,
snakemen, and olmmen jumped out of the river. The military was sent to the river first, so the imps ran into the living quarters. At this moment, I was writing in my journal
and the fire imp ran in, and combusted all of my furniture. All of this happened too fast for me to comprehend. The imp lunged at me, I had jumped away. By this time
the whole room was ablaze, and the imp jumped at me once more. He latched on to my arm firmly, and with a burst of adrenaline, I ripped off his head immediately and
smashed the door down, then ran away.

6th of Granite, 302, Early-Spring... Things started to calm down. The magma pool and river had been sealed. we had begun building castle walls, above ground.

27th of Granite, 302, Early-Spring... Our mason has created a masterpiece, and Urist Mcvaporizedbysteaminanincidentthatinvolvedlotsofelvesmagmacatsandwater decided
to place the masterpiece in my still scorched room.

3rd of Hematite, 302, Early-Summer... Two unimportant months had passed, until finally, elves arrived at our castle, and began to trade. Out of nowhere, the knight
assured me that I would be able to get something from the elves. I do, and always have, hated the elves, but I accepted, seeing as he saved me. So, not thinking,
I traded to them, our cloth, and finished goods... However, I had taken the wooden bins containing the goods. The elves, offended by this act, stormed out.

5th of Hematite, 302, Early-Summer... Things had gone bad again. The elves returned, with a massive raiding party. Our military was sent out, but they stormed through our
ranks, and rampaged through the fortress. An elf, believing I was a noble, smashed down my door, and released a warcry. He charged at me with his sword. My reflexes shot out
and I ducked. His legs slammed in to me, sitting in a fetal position. He tripped and went flying across the room, his sword landing in front of him and impaling
his face. Suddenly, another elf stomped into my room, carrying a spear. I ran for the sword, ripped it out of the other elf's face, and blocked a swing from the spear
that the elf had thrown. The elf was about to swing again, and I was exhuasted. The swing would have killed me, but an elf, behind the other, shot an arrow that
pierced through his heart, and he died. The archer was about to shoot again, but was then decapitated by a sworddwarf behind him.

7th of Hematite, 302, Early-Summer... A cavern collapse occurred when a hammerdwarf smashed the ground. Me and this sworddwarf were stuck in my room until further notice.
During this time, I was able to learn about him.
His name was Urist Mcshotdownbyarchersafterrunningalongdistancetokillonegoblinthenthesamedistancetokillanotherandthesamedistanceoncemoretokillafinalonebeforebleedingtodeathfroma
mortalwoundoccurringwhilehewasfightingthefirstgoblin.
He had a wife, and one child. He had a pet cat, whose name was Urist Mcmeow.

11th of Hematite, 302, Early-Summer... Finally released out of the room, after being forgotten for 4 days. I was starving, and immediately went for the dining room.

1st of Galena, 302, Late-Summer... The battle with the elves above ground had finally finished. The body count was 19 dwarves. Four of those dwarves went insane, and committed suicide.

28th of Sandstone, 302, Mid-Autumn... Thieves stole all of our harvest, and we had been running out of beer. Dwarves, starting to get rather dependant on beer, starting to get unhappy. Three dwarves tantrumed
and one was stricken by melancholy.

5th of Timber, 302, Late-Autumn... The four dwarves all committed suicide on this day. Later on in the day, a dwarven trading liason came, and I managed to get lots of beer, and some seeds for our farms.

28th of Timber, 302, Late-Autmn... Winter was coming, and it seemed unususually cold. Our above ground river froze already. I thought something bad was about to happen, as it usually did, so I hoarded some food to my room
and took some beer as well. I stayed in my room for the rest of the day.

16th of Moonstone, 302, Early-Winter... I had been correct. The winter was brutal, and had taken 7 of our dwarves by the cold. It was still early on as well. I decided to go out and gather more food, just in case.
Urist McImfreezing caught me, but then fell over unconscious randomly. I ran down to my room and locked the door.

17th of Obsidian, 302, Late-Winter... The heat started to return, and just in time.. I was running out of food. The body count was 32 dwarves. There were only 10 of us left.

*You take a break from reading the engraving.* "Wow what a screwed up fortress*
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:20:36 pm by Someguyo »