Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Craddelfires, Glaze of Ice (Community Fort)  (Read 1640 times)

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: Craddelfires, Glaze of Ice (Community Fort)
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 12:44:54 pm »

Spring springs along, and we soon have a second floor on the barracks, and many of our highwood beds now menace with superior spikes of green glass as they are moved into place.

The elves came and for a mere vial of liquid fire and some misscut chunks of glass, we take their perished animals it inter into the the earth... I tried my best to cover the glass door with my body as the corpses were butchered just on the other side.

And, oh, here come the migrants, hurrying to our humble sanctuary as we praise our luck that we have not yet been found by the patrols of the harmonious menace, though surely that is soon to come.

Miss Crowdcastles, a shifty eyed planter.
Lady Vesselspears, (*snicker*) a shy and careful gemsetter.
Lady Wheelkindel, an unskilled, but solemn and talkative dwarfette.
Mr. Netstandard, a likable buut unmotivated chef.
Master Shotdawned, a stony dyer who will likely see plenty of work here.
Miss Keyraptor, a scared looking miller, nearly clinging to the other dwarves for safety.
Lady Kindnessarrow, a loving stonecrafter.
Miss Shimmerworked the potash maker, a loyal and strong follower who will likely do something more fitting for her drive.
Lady Glidemerchents, a suspicious one, of no real skill, but perhaps she shall do for sheriff with her meticulousness and removed manner.
Mr Rainpaddels, a cheerful and high stepping woodcrafter with dog and horse in tow.
Mister Stopbusts, the merciful butcher, feeling quite unefective as he pulls along a cow he once refused to butcher.
Mr Channeledtour, a dangerous woodcrafter if I ever saw one.
Miss Lonebusts, a vigorous and eager dwarf of no particular skills.
Mr Gilllaboured, an uptight wood burner.
Lady Martyrpaper, a gem cutter that is not a verygood team player.
Mistress Shotclam, a former furnace opperator, soon to be given a profession where she can express her artistic side.
Master Workonslaught, a personable furnace operator who doesn't really like working.
Master Faintedgilt, an unstopable dwarf eager to learn a proffesion.
Mistress Fullcrafted, a wonderously adorable and compleatly sublime kitten, who indeed owns master Faintedglit.
Fountaintuft, mistress of herbs.
Miss Planring, who probably plans on finding a man... good luck in this fort.

Guess we need a lot more beds... and more glass furnaces.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 05:44:02 pm »

Alright, making some  bucklers, then throwing 15 of them into the millitary for basic training.  Working on an office or two, but production has hit a stop because everyone who isn't doing anything fills sand bags, causing there not to be any bags and the job to cancel. So, gonna be trying out this job manager thing for the blocks and sand, but gonna keep redesignating on my workshop for skilled glassers. Also, this wave managed enough idle time in the statue room to have almost every one of them gain agility.  Apparently dwarves are smarter than me now.

What's a nice safe wrestling level to train them all to?

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 01:56:43 am »

Summer summary:

15 immigrants have been trained to competent wrestling, a few reaching novice shield user, currently rotating the only cabinet about so they'll pick up after themselves for now, as they have left junk on three separate z levels.

The first floor of the menacing turrets on the tower is completed and made into temporary bedrooms.  Later will be converted to basic offices and prisons.

The bauxite of the curtain wall is being converted to useful mechanisms by our mechanic, and an ice wall being carved in it's place.

The misguided lava moat is currently being filled back in as best as able.

The Medling Nations have arrived for trade, giving us thier entire load of metal bars and leather and preserved corpses for about 40 exceptionally minced units of dwarvern flour roast... they seem to be inhaling it through straws for some reason as they leave.... oh... dang... that poor poor kobold was run over by not one, but both the wagons, before being put out of it's misery by the spearmen.

Remember not to huff and drive, folks.

Once again dealing with a large amount of idlers, but with basic military training, they should be ready to pick up whatever weapons we can come up with should the Harmonious Menace learn of our location.

Tables and chairs placed in the barracks tower, along with lots and lots of nice expensive windows i handcrafted myself.

There aren't quite enough beds right now for everyone, but Lady Admiredcloisters is working on it.

Still considering the next project.  Perhaps we shall choose an appropriate god to build a temple to in thanks?

Oh, and some of the art i bought?  It's done in elk horn.  Apparently humans have advanced animal dissection to heights inobtainable by dwarf.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:17:07 am by Time Kitten »

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 03:35:49 pm »

Late summer brings the death of our trapper as we fill the fire moat back in, encased in ice.  Still, in accordance with his wishes, we prop him up by the juke box and all admire his snazzy glass coffin as we party endlessly.

Autum brings us the dwarvern caravan, and finnal completion of our tower, with menacing spikes ending in statues.  Unfortunately our fireman has been hiding behind trees as we sent the woodcutters out, and one gets trapped behind it, accidentally cutting it's arm off, then getting toasty in it's flames for a while til the caravan guards shoot it's head off.  Still, our woodcutter was only warmed up and slightly defrosted as he was wearing flame retardant silk rather than leather.

We didn't get much in the way of armour like we expected, but we did get a new sampling if exotic gems and metals for our crafts.

Next came a new curtain wall on the ledge over our camp.  A needed defense should archers come from above. And, as winter comes around, we begin construction of offices, bedrooms, and dining rooms for the office holders of the fort up against it.

Alas, they have found us!  A single scout, probably interested in snatching a hostage to divulge our weaknesses through torture has been spotted, and though we managed to chase him away, we were not able to stop him from fleeing to live and report our location.  Though perhaps the wilderness shall still claim him, and in our hopes we continue to delay the construction of roads in hopes that we can remain undetected for longer as we drown our worries in the drink.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 05:39:17 pm »

Spring...

Gods... oh gods, the singing!

This new curtain wall... no, they attack from the south, from the cliff!  Inkhames has been struck down, and one recruit falls before we could take down the crossbow wielder.  We must address this weakness!

No one told me new imigrants had arrived... so right now jobs are clogged up... there is even hauling that isn't getting done.  And we now have a dead hunter and a named wolf. And I don't know everyone.

In other news.  I am mayor... and this apartment is pretty nice.  Time to build another 10 beds... since I think 20 or so of them arrived just as we got up... and they all started parties when they did, destroying the delicate balance needed for full production schedule.

Also.  The museum has been started, now furnished with our perfect gem (placed atop a fine picture of itself), and sealed with our highest quality floodgate.  Thiswill be the new party room, or would be, were not a party never ending in the tombs. But also art of important dwarvern events shall go there, including this boat captained by one of our former leaders wrought in iron.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 07:21:13 pm by Time Kitten »
Pages: 1 [2]