Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What to do with my caged Kobold  (Read 7762 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
What to do with my caged Kobold
« on: April 25, 2009, 01:34:35 pm »

I have this kobold in a cage, and I'm wondering what I should do with it. I (sadly) don't have a GCS, but I do have magma and an underground river. Any Ideas?

In case you're wondering, my wrestlers knocked it unconscious on a cage trap.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with my caged Kobold
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 01:38:52 pm »

indulge its every whim and treat it like royalty, obviously.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 01:41:46 pm »

I have this kobold in a cage, and I'm wondering what I should do with it.

Why are you wondering what you should do with it?

I (sadly) don't have a GCS, but I do have magma and an underground river.
but I do have magma
magma
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 01:44:47 pm »

That was, of course, my first idea. I was wondering if there were more creative ideas than simply burning it. However, burning would be a more interesting engraving, hmmm.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 01:51:56 pm »

Create a small room say 4x3. Make a make a wall so that 3 tiles are blocked off from the rest of the room. Make a door in the wall. Have tunnels leading to both 'sections' Release the kobold and steal back your cage/mechanism when he isn't looking, keep the kobold as a prisoner.

conversly, you could use his corpes as a pincusion for your marx dwarves.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 02:15:59 pm »

I tryed running a dragon powered removal pit. I modded in dragons that you can buy as pets, cained 4 of them around a 3x3 room, put a cage with a gob. inside and pulled the leaver.

No fire was spit.

I also tryed a cat remover (imp behind forifications, cats inside).... imp would not fireball them.

So I now run a arena for my Victims, current champion:
A naked mole dog, 7 kills.
Special price to the groundhog that gave birth 3 times (had 3 babys) in the cage and won a round by surprise.

So yeah run a arena

Benitosimies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 03:14:52 pm »

* Build a zoo out of it as an eternal warning to thieves and tribute to your trapmakers.
* Build the cage in your mayor's tomb. Connect it to a lever. After your mayor dies, seal the tomb with floodgates and release the kobold. Leave him imprisoned until some adventurer stumbles upon him.
Something really needs to be done about ice. At the moment it's like some kind of Pitch Black threat where everyone dies at sunset. Feel free to substitute that film reference with one without Vin Diesel.
--Skizelo

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 03:30:49 pm »

note they run thru the doors so you need to make a room with no doors if they arent activated by levers
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 03:48:48 pm »

but I do have magma
magma

!!MAGMA!!

Also, get a weapon trap with ten copper discs at the bottom of a channel, then, say "A kobold, will it blend?" then throw the kobold in. Then after it is eviscerated, say "Kobold smoke, don't breathe this!", then pour its remains into another hole, and make a funny quote which contains the word "Blendtech", happy to help! :)
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 03:54:36 pm »

but I do have magma
magma

!!MAGMA!!

Also, get a weapon trap with ten copper discs at the bottom of a channel, then, say "A kobold, will it blend?" then throw the kobold in. Then after it is eviscerated, say "Kobold smoke, don't breathe this!", then pour its remains into another hole, and make a funny quote which contains the word "Blendtech", happy to help! :)

I don't think this'll work, since kobolds have trapavoid.
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 04:13:42 pm »

Try to train him to an ultra legendary kobold. Somehow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

crimsonbinome22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 06:18:11 pm »

I built a drowning chamber in my current fort (about 4x20 tiles) and inside i put the cages of captured enemies and link them to a lever. So that when the caravan comes and gets trapped in the chamber, I can release what's in the cages (giant bats, goblins, horses, kobolds) and the caravan has to fight for it's life. Whatever survives gets drowned afterwards.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 06:56:14 pm »

treat it like royalty, obviously.
Quote from:  Eviltyphoon
magma

Aren't these the same thing?  ???

Although the tomb idea is pretty good...I like the thought of a half crazed kobold being released from a tomb after 500 years.

KG

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 06:58:29 pm »

Try to train him to an ultra legendary kobold. Somehow.
Send in all useless dwarves(Soap makers, cheese makers, etc etc), and train him up

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 07:13:36 pm »

* Build a zoo out of it as an eternal warning to thieves and tribute to your trapmakers.
* Build the cage in your mayor's tomb. Connect it to a lever. After your mayor dies, seal the tomb with floodgates and release the kobold. Leave him imprisoned until some adventurer stumbles upon him.

I second this idea, construct a clear glass box and place said kobold in there with a slight opening at the top, (remove his weapons first) and ocasionally drop in some food and beverages for this fell beast. Make sure it's comfortable in the clear glass box, also don't use windows to keep it inside.

*Bonus points if it's made as warning to more kobolds
*Super bonus if you can catch a breeding pair
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"
Pages: [1] 2 3