Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 359767 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #5520 on: December 04, 2010, 02:53:27 am »

I belive in god becauase only he has the power to bring something like this back from the dead.

Also on that note: Micro102 must be god.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: December 04, 2010, 03:14:02 am »

So what would you guys say if a priest told you that God talked to him?

I hate to contribute to the resurrection of this thread, but I feel i have to answer this question:

"Ya know, they used to put you in an asylum if you said that."
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: December 04, 2010, 05:07:02 am »

I would say "God told me your a liar"

Hit with your own unfalsifiable excuse..... How do priests argue with each other?

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: December 04, 2010, 06:47:37 am »

Ah, the atheist thread! Those with the common sense to see that god does not exist, against those with the common sense to just go along with what their society/madness tells them to believe!
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: December 04, 2010, 11:47:47 am »

Ah, the atheist thread! Those with the common sense to see that god does not exist, against those with the common sense to just go along with what their society/madness tells them to believe!

And that, children, is a textbook definition of a troll right there. Do not feed it.
[/post]

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: December 04, 2010, 12:14:28 pm »

How do priests argue with each other?
/run=exe.holywar
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: December 04, 2010, 12:50:34 pm »

And that, children, is a textbook definition of a troll right there. Do not feed it.
Sirrah, you shall take that back lest we come to blows!
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: December 04, 2010, 12:57:26 pm »

Sirrah, you shall take that back lest we come to blows!

Your statement is offensive and baseless, and is callous to the point of deliberate provocation. Hence, you are a troll. And at any rate, religions are valid scientific theories.
[/post]

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: December 04, 2010, 12:59:08 pm »

And at any rate, religions are valid scientific theories.
Religions are a demonstratable property of the world that can be repeated under labratory conditions?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: December 04, 2010, 01:03:36 pm »

troll comment or not, i find it amusing. imo, it contains it's own sort of truth.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: December 04, 2010, 01:09:49 pm »

Your statement is offensive and baseless, and is callous to the point of deliberate provocation. Hence, you are a troll. And at any rate, religions are valid scientific theories.
Au contraire! My statement is factually correct in a vast majority of all cases, and callous only in that it makes no accommodations for the delicate sensibilities of those who live under constant delusion.

Secondly, in response to your last sentence, I shall have to protest most strongly. Religions are merely constructs of make-belief, masturbatory ritual, social pressure, and most of all of a limited understanding of the human mind and the natural world. Am I a troll for speaking these obvious truths frankly and without reservation? Nay, signore! The troll is you! You, who declares religion science! What travesty! What insolence! What an insult to all those great minds of humankind who sacrificed their lifetime on the altar of science true and proper! Placing popes, bishops and theocrats, self-serving, powerhungry and corrupt, onto equal footing with those who so selflessly brought to us medicine, neurology and technology! Oh, what tragedy is this, that the world must bear with such shallow ignorance!

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #5531 on: December 04, 2010, 01:32:28 pm »

Yes, it is back  :P
I think a new thread would have been justified.

Especially since the OP hasn't been online in over a year.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: December 04, 2010, 01:33:12 pm »

I'm with Shrugging Khan on this one - that statement nicely summarizes the stance of most atheists, including those who post in this thread.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: December 04, 2010, 01:41:14 pm »

I redact my earlier statement about religions being scientific theories. However, Shrugging Khan takes an unusually harsh stance on this. I see no way for this to end except a flame war, so I am leaving this thread. 
[/post]

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: December 04, 2010, 01:43:08 pm »

I recall a certain monk using the scientific method and discovering heredity.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370