Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

OCD, enemy of DF fun

(1/11) > >>

Magnnus:
All my fortresses look the same...
They are also all super efficient...
I never have more then 3-5 idle workers...
I have only once lost a fortress from as far back as mid 2D...
I envy those of you with complicated twisting passages and crazy fortresses...

This is how my DF experience roughly goes. I honestly get bored of being successful: I want to see my dwarves fall into anarchy and kill each other, but all they do is joyfully walts around. I actually have to push myself to not micromanage every aspect of the fortress so that some chaos might erupt. I also never use traps, but keep a touch military and with good tactics rarely have losses.

Anyone else out there feel roughly the same or have a thought on this?

P.S. Don't get me wrong, DF is always fun, I just can't help thinking that I would have more fun with a little less OCD.

Tiler:
This is pretty much how my endgame goes.

Although there is usually one or two grating infrastructual flaws that, while not causing any actual chaos, forever irks me. Like making the hallways two spaces wide instead of three. Or putting the bedrooms above the workshops.

Duke 2.0:
 Design an aboveground asymmetric fortress. Also minimal traps and minimal underground expansions.

It does wonders.

Marko:
Megaprojects are what kept me going, as all of my earlier projects have fallen prey to similar problems. A self-sustatining fortress that will never fall, had no goal, and nothing to do...

Llamiel:
Try digging out a single, fairly good-sized room for your dwarves to live in (farms, storage, everything) until you finished excavating a huge 40x80, 5 z-level Moria-esque hall with gigantic engraved pillars. Then expand from there, eventually digging multiple such halls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version