Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 152

Author Topic: Prospector, a roguelike in development  (Read 273518 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Prospector, a roguelike in development
« Reply #1800 on: October 05, 2011, 07:46:36 am »

Apparently hallucinations can occur in my crew when I land on a wild planet...I just ignored it, I managed to survive.  Are there any effects that I should worry about?  That save game's already gone, but in the future, I wouldn't want to control a team full of raving lunatics.
Currently there's a bug that can break your game - hallucinating party members are sometimes sent off to the ship's infirmary. Should it happen to your captain, he'll get permanently kicked out from awayteam since you can't change his allocation status. Either savescumm or avoid those planets is my advice.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: October 05, 2011, 11:49:02 am »

Apparently hallucinations can occur in my crew when I land on a wild planet...I just ignored it, I managed to survive.  Are there any effects that I should worry about?  That save game's already gone, but in the future, I wouldn't want to control a team full of raving lunatics.
Currently there's a bug that can break your game - hallucinating party members are sometimes sent off to the ship's infirmary. Should it happen to your captain, he'll get permanently kicked out from awayteam since you can't change his allocation status. Either savescumm or avoid those planets is my advice.

Doesnt break game per-se it just means your not captain badass anymore. your captain sit-in-the-ship-and-give-orders. After some implants and a handy superior spoilerweapon my gunner kinda became my new captain badass
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 05, 2011, 04:55:13 pm »

At a certain point, the big thing is more in simple massed firepower. Once you get a heavy explorer or a troop transport, a large force of redshirts volley-firing... well, anything tends to clean house. Robots and mega-beasts can still screw up your day pretty fast, so anywhere with a lot of those needs to be handled carefully.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: October 05, 2011, 05:03:59 pm »

I now know how to get good weapons and armour. Just massacre a stranded crew on a destroyer or something. They drop tons of p. forcefields.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: October 05, 2011, 06:01:46 pm »

Damn, would anyone happen to have any strategies for taking out the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
on the
planet?

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 05, 2011, 07:54:08 pm »

You're going to need a huge party with augmented soldiers. Try to see if the robot are spawning from something. Touch everything.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: October 05, 2011, 08:12:42 pm »

You're going to need a huge party with augmented soldiers. Try to see if the robot are spawning from something. Touch everything.

You shoot ALL the computers.

Shoot all factories.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:01:51 am by Neonivek »

enigma74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: October 05, 2011, 08:58:59 pm »

Damn, would anyone happen to have any strategies for taking out the
on the
planet?

There are 4 ways of doing this, arranged from difficult to easy:

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: October 05, 2011, 09:12:44 pm »

I haven't been around for the last few updates, is taking the initiative and shooting at the animals before they get you still valid or can you safely ignore them?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: October 05, 2011, 09:16:04 pm »

Also: Can I fly an alien ship I found floating in space? I keep getting killed by crystal aliens/etc whenever I find one, but I just found another so I'm going to go off and get some epic gear first. But anyway: Can I use the ship?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: October 05, 2011, 09:23:56 pm »

Also: Can I fly an alien ship I found floating in space? I keep getting killed by crystal aliens/etc whenever I find one, but I just found another so I'm going to go off and get some epic gear first. But anyway: Can I use the ship?
You can, or you can just strip the useful parts and leave the rest. Kill everything aboard then you can choose to abandon yours and take over that one at the bridge.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: October 05, 2011, 09:26:20 pm »

Sweet. And will it come up as 'Scout' or 'Battleship' or something?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: October 05, 2011, 09:27:44 pm »

Sweet. And will it come up as 'Scout' or 'Battleship' or something?
While it's drifting it should tell you the name of the class, yes. I think it tells you when you interact with the bridge as well.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: October 05, 2011, 09:31:56 pm »

I think theres some miscommunication. I don't mean drifting ships in general, I mean these green ships I sometimes find floating. They always say its an unidentified alien vessel or something like that and I usually never survive past the second room.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: October 05, 2011, 09:33:55 pm »

I think theres some miscommunication. I don't mean drifting ships in general, I mean these green ships I sometimes find floating. They always say its an unidentified alien vessel or something like that and I usually never survive past the second room.
Oh, I've never seen one of those before. It's probably one of those
which I've never tried to board before.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 152