Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 152

Author Topic: Prospector, a roguelike in development  (Read 271948 times)

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
Re: Prospector, a roguelike in developpement
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 01:33:41 pm »

I found two small bugs in the last version.
-if i rescue some crew from a stranded ship, my security force go back to 10(repeatable, happen every time im max security force and i accept some more).
-On the heavy explorer, cannot repair my Hull to more than 10(Max hull listed as 20). I did not try any other 10+ hull ship, so i dont know if its just this one.

Edit: Gaaah game crashed with a very pimped out ship. Maybe there should be an autosave at interval just in case(while still wiping data on a real death)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 01:59:20 pm by Drakale »

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 02:10:05 pm »

Once I have purchased personal equipment from a space station, I can't buy any from that space station again. Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:40:00 pm by Vucar Fikodastesh »
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 02:22:21 pm »

Once I have purchased personal equipment from a space station, I can't buy any from that space television again. Am I missing something?
You need a space phone to call the 800 number to buy from the space television.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 03:25:05 pm »

You also need a case of space beer to drink while sitting on your space sofa to watch the space television.

...IN SPACE!!!
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 03:40:48 pm »

What the heck. :P

I was thinking station and "television" popped in instead.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 03:56:06 pm »

I found two small bugs in the last version.
-if i rescue some crew from a stranded ship, my security force go back to 10(repeatable, happen every time im max security force and i accept some more).
-On the heavy explorer, cannot repair my Hull to more than 10(Max hull listed as 20). I did not try any other 10+ hull ship, so i dont know if its just this one.

Oooops... fortunately these 2 were easily fixed. I also added the option to autosave every time you dock on a station (default off) and to ensure that pirate planets are at a minimum distance from the station (default on)

Edit: Gaaah game crashed with a very pimped out ship. Maybe there should be an autosave at interval just in case(while still wiping data on a real death)

Any details here? When? Where? How? went black and stopped doing anything when scanning a planet?
Prospector, my space exploration roguelike:
http://code.google.com/p/rlprospector/

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 03:57:57 pm »

Once I have purchased personal equipment from a space station, I can't buy any from that space station again. Am I missing something?

Erm... what exactly happens when you try to buy stuff again? Drawing a blank atm as to what this might be to be honest....

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 05:06:49 pm »

I will dock on a station and press "Equipment" and then "Personal Equipment", but I will not have any options on that screen but "Exit".

I thought that this only happened after I had bought something from that station, but this also happened on a station I had never visited before.

I can upload the save if you want.

Also, how do I sell personal equipment I don't want anymore?

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 05:21:10 pm »

:o

???

:-\

Ok, never seen that before, and off the top of my head no clue whatsoever as to what could cause it. From your shipstats i gather it started doing that somewhere in the middle of the game? And it worked before?
It doesn't save station inventorys, so it can't have anything to do with a corrupted save file or bug in loading/saving. Can you send me the savefile anyway? I can try and check if other things in the gamestate might cause this. matthias.mennel@gmail.com ,or post here whatever you prefer. thx.

as for selling: they don't buy used, but i heard there is a guy somewhere who buys guns.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 05:29:25 pm »

Alright a quick tip since I just went broke stupidly. Make sure you can cover crew costs when returning to a station. Even if you just leave and redock without moving, it counts as a mission.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 05:32:54 pm »

Alright, I emailed you the save file. This started doing this in the beginning of the game on every game I have tried so far. :-\

It makes it kind of hard to survive.

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 06:06:36 pm »

... and with this you can consider me seriously confused... though this is a screenshot of a 3rd docking. It *did* shop up empty like in yours right after i docked... wich confuses me even more. Don't hold your breath while i try to figure this out... sry   :(

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 06:25:02 pm »

Another weird thing that happened to me: I bought a battleship which is supposed to have a maximum of 50 HP, but I can only repair up to 10 HP of that.

Also, what do cryogenic chambers do?

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 06:32:12 pm »

Yep, that with the battleship was a bug. It's already fixed, just get 0.1.5c
http://code.google.com/p/rlprospector/downloads/list

You can stuff additonal crewmen into cryo chambers.

And....
Saving every time before you enter a station triggers the "He didnt really leave. don't let yourself get fooled and reroll the station inv." savety :P That was it. I can't say it *should* trigger there and will have to look into it again but thats where your equipment went.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 06:40:23 pm »

Any details here? When? Where? How? went black and stopped doing anything when scanning a planet?

Ya, i was in
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and tried to see my ship status with '@' after picking up an alien artifact, then it crashed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 152