Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 152

Author Topic: Prospector, a roguelike in development  (Read 273593 times)

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prospector, a roguelike in developpement
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2009, 09:25:44 am »

If you include "Hello?"-"Yes?" there are 7. Though one is redundant and another one makes sense in exactly one case.

... and the arguably most fun command wasn't working correctly in 0.1.5 to  0.1.5c. Works now though.

If you can think of anything you would like them to do, tell me.

@ nirur torir: 1 & 2 are fixed as of nowish...3 might take a bit longer thx *shoots his quality control officer*
Prospector, my space exploration roguelike:
http://code.google.com/p/rlprospector/

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2009, 09:48:49 am »

Uhh....the inventory bug needs to be fixed.
I loaded my game where I had lots of loot, docked, sold my resources, and checked my inventory. A few rifles and binoculars, nothing else. I hit a button, and it crashed. I loaded again, and checked my inventory without docking. Binoculars and 13 resources, followed by a crash. I loaded one last time, checked again out of confusion, and it crashed again. The third crash deleted my save file. I was 1500 credits away from a battleship, now I have to take out my frustration against pirates with a small fighter.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2009, 09:52:01 am »

There seems to be a bit of happy fun stuff around... How many unique planets are there?

Edit:
Glitch:
Getting blasted by your own grenade lists you as "killed by a "
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 10:12:56 am by chaoticag »

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2009, 10:20:27 am »

There are 16 unique planets.

@ nirur torir
Agreed, it does. and it will as soon as i find out what causes it. Unfortunately it appears that it isnt one of the "ooops, that should have been x instead of y" kind. therefore it might take a bit to track and kill. :( sorry...

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2009, 10:21:30 am »

The trading part of the game need some work  :D I'm guessing it has not been tested much yet.

First, there are some pretty big bugs when you try to buy some stuff with the basic merchant ship when you just started the game. It tell you your cargo is full even if it's not, then when you sell your non-existant cargo you get a message saying "you sold *blank* for xx credits.", where xx is 0 or in one case something overflowed as i got a really big negative number. Then it get weird, in my case i got 10 additional cargo space on my basic ship, fully usable.

Second, its not a bug but buying weapons at 7 credits a piece and selling them back at 2500 credits is a little abusable to say the least :p The market variation is kinda crazy, some good can have a 300%+ variation in price between docks.

Anyway, the merchant life is shaping up to be fun even with those bugs, I'm liking the pirate interaction and risk/reward of it.

On a somewhat related note, when browsing the ship equipment screen it would be nice to see what your ship can and cannot equip, as well as what is currently equipped. And also the starting ships maximum sensor/engine/shield limit could be a little higher, right now you gotta upgrade ship as soon as possible if you want to add anything :/

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2009, 01:31:51 pm »

There actually is a maximum already in place. it's 500% of base price though, so 2500 for weapons is as high as it can get. (also when nearing the maximum demand gets lower and production higher) Hmm maybe a little tweaking is in order.

What can i say... looks like this thing got more testing in the last 2 days than in the last 2 months. Thanks for volunteering in such numbers guys :)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2009, 01:47:38 pm »

Thank YOU for making it. This is awesome.

This is a glimpse at what we theorized DF would look like if done as a space game.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2009, 02:31:18 pm »

I think this was reported before, but it is a high priority glitch:
-Having too much personal equipment (enough to start a second page) causes the game to crash when @ is pressed. (note: I think I also had an artifact armor piece, as well as a disintagration gun)

The game is pretty awsome though, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that it has some pretty good potential. Just remember to concentrate on debugging so that the game doesn't become unplayable.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2009, 02:47:34 pm »

Potential bug but also semi reasonable feature:

I just started in a starsystem with a station on top of it. Makes sense since space stations should be in orbit, but doesn't seem to be normal behavior at this point.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2009, 02:51:36 pm »

Yeah, stations appearing within a solar system would be great.

Example:

O ooooo@oo

where the @ represent a planet with a station in orbit. Then you have the option Land-Scan-Dock at this spot.

wallish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2009, 03:55:45 pm »

I have posted you on reddit, thus giving you an even larger audience!

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2009, 04:50:07 pm »

Ha! Managed to find and squash that inventory game killer bug!
And the sell empty bay bug too.
And the can't buy unless you sell your empty bays first thing is gone as well

Besides that i added a "You refill your oxygen tank" message when appropriate and earthquakes do less damage the farther away from the center you are (again)

As for the station and the system below: Well, since the 2 don't collide (you can scan, land and dock) i never figured it was anything worth paying attention to.
The main problem with putting something in orbit would be finding it on the map though. (Some may have noticed that there are no moons and no gas giants for similiar reason)

Underlying color would be a solution (like the dark blue background confirmed uniques get already)

You could of course do some cool stuff if i found a way to solve that display problem somehow, for example number of craters in system corellating with the number of gas giants present.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2009, 05:16:39 pm »

I found an incredibly annoying bug.

If you have say 5 security on your ship, and you only take 3, if those 3 get killed, you lose. No point in asking if you want to take less then maximum if losing the less then maximum loses.

Edit: For the moons and gas giants, have it take up 3 lines and do it like this.

Code: [Select]
S oo O S

where the first S is the star, the o are planets, the O is a supergiant, the last S is a station, and the . are moons.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:09:30 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2009, 05:26:22 pm »

Nope, not a bug.
If you take all you can't radio your ship.

It is however a symptom of the "where are the officers?" question mentioned earlier by (i think it was) duke2.0 

And i had an idea for that: We do give those 4 bunks and also put them on the awayteam. they get HPs as follows: Captain: 5, Pilot: piloting skill, gunner: gunnery skill, Science officer: science skill.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2009, 05:32:29 pm »

Nope, not a bug.
If you take all you can't radio your ship

Hmmm... Then it isn't so much a bug as it is a bug (for lack of a better word)

They should at least warn you or allow ships to have computers. stupid 1940s sci-fi technology!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 152