Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Soapyballs of Fondling - A mad soapmakers dream. (Community)  (Read 6911 times)

Oldin

• Bay Watcher
  • I Lost the game.
    • View Profile
Re: The Soapyballs of Fondling - A mad soapmakers dream. (Community)
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 10:35:45 am »

20th of Obsidian, traveling in the woods

Dear Mother,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and not too worried. I decided to join a group going out to set up a new outpost for the kingdom, should be a mission you can be proud of. The whole group seems to be eager to get out to build a new fort.

We are sure to build an excellent place. Hope you will come visit us sometime once we're properly set up.

Your son, Olin

ps. I really hope you're not too disappointed in me. I just feel like this is the thing to do just now.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 04:13:07 pm »

Bubble's Diary
Fifth entry: Bubbles has arrived at Bubbleses new home. Bubbles has drawn up a map here Bubbles will build bubble world on the top of hill so maybe one day bubbles can build a soAp slide. Weeee, Bubbles is looking forward to that day. First things first though, Bubbles has to set up a suitable area for glass and soap to be made. Bubbles has already ordered a large section of the forest to be chopped down and for a wood burner to be set up. Currently Bubbles doesn't have enough animals to make fat. If Bubbles killed the cows now, there would be no baby cows to kill. Same goes for the kittens. Bubbles has also ordered Bumbles to gather some out door plants, seeing as Bubbles is living outdoors, Bubbles will need some food that grows outdoors.

Sixth Entry: Bubbles has told Olin to dig out a moat to stop any pesky soAp steallers from stealing soap. Bubbles has also told Oldin to turn the 10 pieces of Kitt's gypsum into mechanisims. Hopefully Bubbles can get some cage traps set up to capture soon-to-be-soAps. Bubbles is also slightly worried about how many people here like the dirty cows. Something about enjoying their haunting moos, what a load of whack-jobs Bubbles has chosen to take.

Seventh Entry: Haul, haul haul. All Bubbles ever do here is haul. Do the other dwarves not know how useful a soAp maker is? Why do they leave Bubbles to the hauling when Bubbles could be making soAp. Oh wait thats right, Bubbles has no tallow to make soAp. Bubbles needs some tallow. At least the stockpiles are slowing filling up.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 04:27:06 am »

Bubble's Diary- Still spring
Eight Entry: Bubbles has told Atticus to build a hut out of the wood lying around and put some beds in it. When he is done, Bubbles will have somewhere out of mud to sleep. Bubbles has also told Atticus to build a shield for himself. He better build it good he might need it soon against the pesky fire imps emerging from the volcano.

Ninth Entry: Rain is falling. BUT WHERE IS THE soAp BUBBLES!? WITHOUT soAp, RAIN MAKES mud. Dirty wet icky mud! Go away rain, come back when we have soap. Rain makes Bubbles sleepy. WHERE is Bubbleses bed? Bubbles doesn't like sleeping in the mud, Bubbles always wakes up to find mud in all the wrong places.

*The rest of the page is smeared in mud and illegible*

Tenth Entry: Grr, It's all Atticus's fault that Bubbles slept in the mud. He didn't build the Hut fast enough, he went to sleep on the job, sleeping on the half built floor. The CLEAN half built floor. How dare a simple woodcutter who has never made an ounce of soAp in his life, be cleaner than Bubbles? Bubbles knew there was something wrong about this character, from the beginning of Bubbleses journey Bubbles knew Bubbles shouldn't have brought him along.

He is lucky that he is Bubbleses only wood chopper... Or else Bubbles would get rid of him now.

Eleventh Entry: Fire imps are attacking! Bubbles has sent that dirt bag Atticus to deal with the hot critters. Bubbles hope he burns himself.

Twelfth Entry: Atticus made mince meat of the imps, but not before they could smear their guts and goo across him. Serves Atticus right, now he is the dirtiest one here not Bubbles.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:32:52 am by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 07:13:49 am »

I smell a rivalry brewing...
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 09:36:05 am »

I smell taco grease and a bubble bath coming...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Augustus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 10:06:46 am »

lol awesome pictures your drawing for it man

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 04:26:30 pm »

Atticus' Journal

Clear the forest Atticus!

Build a Carpentry Shop Atticus!

Make Blocks Atticus!

Build a Longhouse Atticus with beds for us all Atticus!

Kill the threatening Imps Atticus, oh and you might want a wooden shield to fight them since their Fire Imps Atticus...

In case you're wondering, thats what I've been doing for the last few months Journal. I haven't been able to sit down, let alone sleep. I sleep as I work, there are times I've been up for over a week at a time. I'm the one building homes for everyone, keeping everyone safe, do I ever even get so much as a thank you? No. Ingrates.

I should just finish building this longhouse, put a door on, and refuse anyone entry. My own wooden paradise. If Mr. Bubbles wants a bed, he can make it out of his precious soap for all I care... I don't know who to trust anymore... Olin and Tredgar seem to be more than a little chummy with Bubbles, maybe they won't get beds either... We'll see...

Edit: this really didn't turn out the way I wanted to, at least I was able to get the general idea of what I was thinking across. I should make an attempt to rewrite this when I have more time & am more clearheaded. Make the transition fron frusterated to paranoid/crazy/megalomaniac more subtle. Just kinda felt I should post *something* sorry guys I'll definately try better in the future.
-J-
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:43:34 pm by Jarod Cain »
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 11:48:42 pm »

OOC: It's perfectly fine to add your bit of the story, don't feel bad if your writing isn't up to your personal standard, I think it's great. I don't expect you to give me 8 hours worth of work crafting out a masterwork post when I'm the one who is supposed to be telling the story. If you want, I will try to incorporate your stories into my main posts. Feel free to add suggestions and asking me to build stuff. Once the soap/glass industry gets up and running we can get to work on megaprojects which *you* can help plan.

Augustus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 12:56:55 am »

(Piece of parchment found near the kitchen... You can barely make out the words.  It appears to be an ingredient list)

2 Cats  --FURRY THE BETTER
4 Plump Helmets
1 Bag groundhog seasoning
3 Turtles -- RAW
1 Bag of flour
2 Children
16 Ripe sweet pods

(The rest of the page is illegible)

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 01:03:51 am »

You need more insane dwarves. Sign me up for the first unskilled peasant that comes along.

Name: ADHD
All labours enabled except mining, woodcutting, fishing and hunting.
Either gender.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 03:48:51 am »

I request a dwarf.

Name: Typic
Profession: Sheriff
Description: Typic is a typical dwarf, the kind who thinks all soap makers and lye makers should me immediately drafted into the army or thrown into the magma pit. The same kind who thinks all elves should be drowned at the depot, the same kind who makes invaders walk through long trap corridors, and the same kind who thinks the army needs only to be composed of marksdwarves. Basically, the dwarven equivalent of a typical Dwarf Fortress player, except with a gruff personality, knotted beard, and a stony-eyed gaze.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2009, 04:44:50 am »

Bubbles' Diary, Late spring- Late summer
Thirteenth Entry: FIRE FIRE FIRE! RUN to the Fire. Run Away from the Fire. What does Bubbles do with the fire? Someone who is not bubbles has butchered the fire imp. NOW THE FIRE IMP FAT IS BOILING!!

No wait it is dying done now as Bubbles writes this. Well that was certainly weird.
Too bad Bubbles couldn't make soAp from fire imp fat, would have been really good soAp.

Fourteenth Entry: The sleeping hut is up.

So are the glass furnace, ashery, kiln, trade depot and wood burning furnace. The only thing that isn't up is Bubbleses alchemist's labratory. We Bubbles needs some clear glass vials. Bubbles has also told Dirticus (AKA Atticus) to build him an office. If Bubbles gets an office, Bubbles will be able to manage this place better.

Fifteenth Entry: Bubbles has noticed our food is getting low. Bubbles has told Bumbles to make a food plot and grow some of the gathered strawberries on it. Mmm, now Bubbles can have strawberries all year round. Another Imp appeared, Bubbles sent Atticus to take it down. He did as he was told.

Sixteenth Entry: Bubbles has noticed a lack of leather bags and fat so Bubbles has told Ypaos to hunt the deer wandering north of here in hope of getting the much needed supplies. First though, someone will need to build him some bolts and a crossbow.

Seventeenth Entry: Bubbles has ordered Atticus to build a chair and table for me in my study. When Bubbles told him this, Atticus complained about not having anywhere for the rest of the dwarves to eat. Bubbles told him, the dirty bunch can eat of the muddy ground for all Bubbles cares. He got upset and stormed back off to the carpenters workshop. From the looks of it he is building a number of chairs and tables even though Bubbles told him not to. Bubbles will have to sort out this unruly dwarf soon or the situation might get out of control. Bubbles doesn't want an uprising.

Eighteenth Entry: When Bubbles went to the carpenters workshop today to pick up his chair, Atticus was there and told Bubbles the chair was not for him. Bubbles took the chair anyway, that oaf doesn't scare me with his big axe. Atticus was about to do something but decided against it. He was lucky he didn't try anything.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 07:37:44 am »

I like where this is going.Needs moar soap block aqueduct in the future.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Oldin

• Bay Watcher
  • I Lost the game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 10:28:05 am »

Soapyballs, Late Summer

Dear mother, I hope this letter finds you in good health and with plenty to drink.

We have settled here in Soapyballs and it is quite pleasant here for the last few monts. I've grown to be quite good friends with the leader Bubbles. However, I feel I am not giving my best to the building of the site, it seems like all I have been doing for the last couple of months is hauling things back and forth. At least we have a roof over our heads now, thanks to Atticus working diligently on Bubble's orders. He even had the gall to build the walls of our building out of wood. Can you imagine a dwarf sleeping in a wooden dwelling? That is unheard of and nothing good can come out of it. I intend to talk to Bubbles a little to see if I can persuade him to let me build a real house, out of stone for us. Or even a Stone wall to protect us and our goods from the wildlife and kobolds.

Your son, Olin

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 11:10:54 am »

Kitt's extre frilly and somehwhat muddy Diary:

Sand, sand, fire, fire, glass!

The walls do splinter and chaff, glass would only shatter and splinter... oh for chairs and desks, glass would be best, but apparently this soppy soapy foul fool wants his vile vials.

Glass, glass for all!  One can not even see through a wooden door, as it's dirt is so ingrained in the grains.

Hunting with a bow?  A waist of arrows, should send that useless one with an axe that way, much faster and cleaner a kill... except for the cleaner part.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4