Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead 1 & 2: The Sacrifice is out! All things Left 4 Dead 66% off!  (Read 62582 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I managed to derail my Team Fortress 2 topic to L4D, so here we go)
Left 4 Dead (1 & 2)

For those who have been in hiding for the last year or so, Left 4 Dead is originally Turtlerock Studios' cooperative, film-like, zombie apocalypse first-person shooter, where 4 survivors try to make it through stages filled with truckloads of zombies all placed differently in every game to make a fresh experience each time. Valve later bought the game along with Turtlerock Studios when they saw what an amazing concept they had.

There's some mind-boggling mechanics behind the game, especially the AI director who tracks the stress level of each player amongst other things and makes things happen according to that information. Also, there's a music director who produces an individual soundtrack for each player. In spectator mode you can hear the soundtrack of the player you're following.

I just bought Left 4 Dead few days ago to finally try it out and now I hear there's a free weekend coming up. Doh! But make sure you try it out, it's an intensely fun and exhausting experience. I haven't even tried out Versus, Survival or Blood Harvest yet, but I'm immensely impressed and it will surely become the second FPS I've ever liked to play.

Also, to play with some people you "know", join Nilocy's Dwarf Fortress Community-Steam group and report in this thread who you are so people know to accept your friend invites.

I'm [DFC] LASD or LASD on Steam, feel free to add me. However I'll have a crappy computer (and I mean really crappy) still for a bit over a month so I can't play with maximum efficiency (or even close to that) until I get a new one. Also I don't have a mic, but I've been meaning to fix that for a good while, maybe with the new comp.

Share you're amazing stories, ask questions and join the discussion on Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 right here.

[Amazing sample of the thousands of lines of great in-game dialogue goes here]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:35:42 pm by LASD »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: "Pills here!" Free weekend starting Friday!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 04:25:12 am »

I've got a small group of friends that I play with. Use Ventrilo, though, mostly. Anyway, I remember once time on the new Death Toll versus map, I pounced my friend from thirty feet or more below in the large circular room. They were up behind the railing, I wall jumped in a complete circle, four or so jumps in total, landing on him, and still doing a bout seven damage.
!!&!!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 04:54:55 am »

WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 06:48:08 am »

RELOADIN'
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 07:18:58 am »

Anyway, I probably won't be joining you guys.  I suck at L4D now.  I might start it up and see if a few days of playing gives me my skillz back, but I'unno.
Shoes...

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 07:27:08 am »

I don't know how I feel about 4 youngsters takin' the drugz and shooting at zombies.

Hm.

I'm in.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 07:36:59 am »

I highly recommend it. Also they usually sell L4D cheaper during the free weekend things. Its a truly great game, honest to god I've not had so much fun in a single game before. (versus mode just rocks)

get it this weekend!

Snugglebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: "Pills here!" Free Friday! Preload now!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 11:12:33 am »

Left 4 Dead is excellent; sadly I play on X-Box Live, and only rarely.  Wanted to go ahead and endorse it anyway; it's a great game.
"Engraved on the wall is an exceptionally-designed image of a dragon and a dwarf by Ber Ilavuz.  The dragon is making a plaintive gesture.  The dwarf is striking a menacing pose."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 02:06:57 pm »

The start time was misleading to me, as I hadn't expected an American (?) company to base their times off of GMT. 12:00 AM Friday there is 8:00 PM Thursday here. That means I get to play tonight!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 02:34:11 pm »

I was playing yesterday and used pills nine times in one campaign, mostly in just the two last levels.  I'm feel an odd sort of pride about that.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 02:45:58 pm »

Let me guess. You play as Louis?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 02:52:40 pm »

That reminds me.

"Ohhhhhh!!!"

"Oh no!!"
Shoes...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
!!&!!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 07:10:29 pm »

I'll give the free day a try, and see if I can spare the money to get it while it's cheap.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52