Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Hillburra's RTD!  (Read 7646 times)

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hillburra's RTD!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 10:49:26 am »

I create an exosceleton using various parts in the boxes then test it, if it requires fuel the it will be able to be fueled with electricity and generate elctricity from blood.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 08:39:37 pm »

wehtamjd92 is still disoriented from his box ordeal and in denial about the situation therefore does absolutely nothing this turn other than wander round the room looking for a corner to huddle in a suck on his thumb. He fails at this because the room is round as was previously stated.

Now for the turns that people actually gave me!

Luke_Prowler starts rummaging through boxes looking for clothing and is (6+0=6) so successful that he finds a stylish two tail tuxedo with snazzy black leather wingtips, a top hat, a monocle, a pocket watch and some hair wax. He puts all this on and looks unbelieveably dapper. He is so happy with his find that he throws away the other clothes he had because now they just look like dirty rags to him and he has gained +1 to rolls which involve either looking fancy, riding on a steamboat or conducting an orchestra.

Now that he looks all cool Luke_Prowler starts meditating to see if he has any hidden holy powers.  (3+0=3) But he gets bored and just goes over to the wall and polishes it up so he can use it as a full length mirror and start striking what he considers to be saintly poses.

Shoruke takes a different route and searchs the hay scattered around the room, (4+0=4) and finds a needle. Good luck with that but it's only a very small sewing needle if you find some thread you could probably help maintain the quality of Luke_Prowler's suit during the adventure.

Unhappy with finding only a needle in the haystack you attempt to use alchemy (I assume Full Metal Alchemist style) to turn some of the hay into a crowbar. (3+0=3) Whilst successfully using alchemy, during the casting you got distracted and instead of a crowbar you created...... another needle. Fortunately this one is much bigger than the last at almost 2 feet in length. You could probably use this big spike as a weapon but it's such smooth metal that it's very hard to grip well enough to fight with. Big needle (+1 DB, -2AB)

Relm starts hunting around the room looking for small inconsistencies in the walls, floor and roof that may lead to secret passages. (5+0=5) You successfully find two doors that function perfectly and a hatch that has been welded shut. These were already in the desricption silly. But in addition your tireless searching has uncover another hatchway, in the ceiling. The ceiling is unfortunately about 8 metres above you and you can't figure out how to use this newly discovered ceiling hatch.

Errol feels a bit anti-social and tries to hide from the others by making a box costume. (1+0=1) Unfortunately for Errol the box he decides to make his costume out of is at the bottom of a pile of much bigger boxes. Because gravity exists in this room (as it does in every room I've ever been in) the bigger boxes all fall on top of Errol. RTD (4+0=4) Errol dodges the biggest boxes but still gets clipped by one of them (4) on the right arm and his arm (2) is now bruised.

alfie275 decides to create a box exoskeleton fueled by his own blood - this could go so horribly wrong. (5+0=5) But it doesn't, he taps a vein and coats himself with boxes with hinges made by yanking out the wood staples and reshaping them with his bare hands. This new box exoskeleton is totally wierd and huge and doesn't make much sense. Fortunately for alfie275 the Box exoskeleton provides almost the exact amount of power to his body as what he lost for now losing a continual stream of blood. Box exoskeleton (+1DR, -1AR it's big but 3 and 4 are now both glancing blows, easier to become nauseous, -1 regeneration it's sucking up your blood)

Errol rolls to regen (3+0=3) and fails.

Turn end!

You are in a large round room with metallic walls, there are two doors, a hatch on the floor (welded shut) and a hatch in the ceiling (8 metres up).
There are boxes and hay strewn about the room.
There are stranges noises coming from outside.
The room sways in the wind and has no smoke alarms.

Players:
Luke_Prowler
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shoruke

Relm

Errol

alfie275

wehtamjd92
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:26:00 am by hillburra »
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 08:44:22 pm »

Box exoskeleton is totally cool but so hard to make stats for and assign skills for. I think it ended up being a net gain cos +1DR is huge and glancing blows still glance but 2's glance as well cos of -1AR and nausea is probably gonna be really rare and regen is hard to do anyway, just use medic skill if you get hurt.

Or you could just drop it.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 08:56:28 pm »

After looking fancy for a while, I decide to take the more direct route and search for some kind of weapon, like a rapier or something similar.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 11:08:13 pm »

I set up the boxes to make a pyramid shape in the middle of the room, climb up, and (yes, FMA style) transmute the ceiling hatch into a shield. And then climb through the hole in the roof.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 04:09:48 am »

I take a box large enough to qualify and craft it into some protective armgear. Huh.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 12:23:46 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 09:01:17 am »

I create a hose with needle (hollow) on attached to a pump attached to a tank with a filter (filters antibodies and bacteria and viruses) attached to my suit. I then power-jump through the cieling hatch, smashing through it if the transmute fails.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 11:46:14 am »

I look for better clothes.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 08:23:58 pm »

wehtamjd92 has 3 hours left to respond before he ceases to be and is replaced

Pacho can put in a pre emptive turn for if wehtamjd92 doesn't post
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:24:46 pm by hillburra »

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 12:20:23 am »

wehtamjd92 runs around blabbering until he finds an empty box. He jumps into the box and closes it behind him. You all go over to have a look inside the box to ask what the hell is wrong but when you look inside the box is empty.

He may return, he may not, no one knows. None of you knew him so none of you care.

Luke_Prowler gets bored of looking fancy after a while and goes rummaging around for anything he could use as a weapon. (5+0=5) He successfully finds a taser (+1DB, +1AB, cannot kill, cannot remove limbs, stuns for 2 turns on either of those results, 20 charges). He gleefully pockets his new shooty toy.

Shoruke piles up some boxes so he can reach the ceiling of the room. (5+0=5) He succesfully climbs to the top and his box tower appears to be quite stable. He begins a tranmutation spell on the hatch in the ceiling and (6+0=6) is awesomely successful. He is so successful that he creates a mirror shield! Unfortunately he is so astounded by his success that the shield falls towards his head (as it used to be part of the ceiling). The falling shield bonks him on the head and Shoruke now has a headache. Shoruke picks it up and equips it. Mirror shield (+1DR, +1AR, 1/3 chance to reflect harmful spells, 1/3 chance for enemies to get mesmerized by themselves when missing on an attack roll). You climb through the hatch into the room above.

Errol finds a wooden box and tries to craft some armgear for himself to block blows I assume. (1+0=1) He picks up the box and tries to smash it against the wall to break it into more manageable pieces but the wood from the box bounces back and hits him in the face one of the wooden spikes drives straight into his left eyeball causing it to be mangled. He has lost all depth perception and is bleeding from his horrible wound. Errol is in great pain.

alfie275 attempts to scavenge a bunch of parts to make a water filter/pump with attached hose to add to his box exoskeleton (3+0=3) but changes his mind and instead yanks the big wooden spike out of Errol's face. Errol is now bleeding heavily. alfie275 then jumps away attempting to get through the hatchway into the room above and (4+0=4) barely scrapes through.

Amidst the chaos Relm gets jealous of Luke_Prowler's tuxedo combination and decides to look for better clothes to show some fashion sense. (5+0=5) She successfully finds a leather jacket, bandana, some cowboy boots, tight leather pants and mesh singlet. She puts all this on, the others ask silent questions. Leather outfit has +1 to charisma rolls in gay bars, dungeons, and motorcycle conventions.

Errol rolls to regen (2+0=2) and fails.

Turn end!

Errol, Relm and Luke_Prowler are in a large round room with lots of boxes and hay.
There are two doors in the walls, a hatch (welded shut) in the floor and an opening in the middle of the ceiling to another room.
The room sways in the wind and has no smoke alarms.
Strange noises are coming from outside.

alfie275 and shoruke are in a large conical room above the round room.
The room has 2 beds, a fridge, a toilet, a sink, a skylight and no entrances or exits other than the hole in the floor. You wonder how they got the furniture in.

Players:
Luke_Prowler

shoruke

Relm

Errol

alfie275
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 01:07:50 pm by hillburra »

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 12:22:14 am »

I would strongly suggest that someone attempt to heal Errol or carry him to one of the beds. He's basically crippled and will need to roll 6's to get anything done. Maybe look through the boxes for bandages and morphine or summon magical healing powers.

And jump in at any time Pacho.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:24:35 am by hillburra »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2009, 04:47:09 am »

Ow.

I curse the God of Luck. Yes, that's my action.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 05:10:45 am »

Ow.

I curse the God of Luck. Yes, that's my action.
Has anyone tried this before in a RTD? :o

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 05:39:52 am »

I just wonder what I'll write if he rolls another 1 when cursing the god of luck.

Also if he does roll a 1 and doesn't ignore pain it will be a 0 and bad things will start to happen. Really bad.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 07:48:48 am »

The action is potentially fatal and probably doesn't yield anything remarkable when it works.

In other words, it's absolutely dwarven.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5