Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Hillburra's RTD!  (Read 7650 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hillburra's RTD!
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2009, 09:45:51 am »

Can I join? If not, I'd like to be put on the waiting list please!
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2009, 10:01:36 am »

Sure, you can post a pre-emptive turn as well in case Pacho doesn't get one in in time.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2009, 10:03:40 am »

I create a blood sucking contraption (can suck blood out of enemies to fill blood tank on exoskeleton) out of fridge pump (fridges use pumps to pump oil to transfer heat BTW), I then attach that to my suit. Then I rub my head slighty til it is sore, then I use the power of homophones to turn the sore into a saw which I equip, I then saw the spike in half, put the halves together to make a whole then put the hole in the cieling.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2009, 11:01:21 am »

I look under the beds and in the fridge for stuff. Then I take the stuff I find.

I create a blood sucking contraption (can suck blood out of enemies to fill blood tank on exoskeleton) out of fridge pump (fridges use pumps to pump oil to transfer heat BTW), I then attach that to my suit. Then I rub my head slighty til it is sore, then I use the power of homophones to turn the sore into a saw which I equip, I then saw the spike in half, put the halves together to make a whole then put the hole in the cieling.

Dude?!? You've got, like, three full-turn actions in there!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2009, 11:10:31 am »

I guess I appear out of some random box. I stand up and greet the other people cheerfully, before jumping among the boxes and searching for clothes, picking them up and wearing them. I then carve intricate runes onto some boxes, trying to enchant the wood and create a magical staff out of it (I'm trying to go with rune-enchanting skill or something, but if weapon-crafting is more appropriate then so be it)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2009, 11:12:31 am »

OMFG, I'll just do the first turn action and you can follow the rules. (aimed at alfie275 for crafting stuff and using homophony powers all at the same time, and confusing the fuck out of me, looking for stuff and picking it up or "looting" is an infinite action - you can do as much as you want but you have to roll for it.)

Also all the homophony confused me with the spike near the end but I worked it out after a good minute.

I gave you people 2 perfectly good doors to go through but all you ever seem happy with is ceilings.

WHY??? Are you that desperate to see the sky?

There could be flying deathbots with lasers on their faces patrolling the skies, but through the door might be corridors filled with puppies, marshmallows and pomegranites, you don't know, I don't even know. Maybe on the roof can be a gameshow model who vomits on you as soon as become exposed to fresh air, you wouldn't like that would you huh. Hard to wash off model vomit, or so I hear.

/endrant
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:19:28 am by hillburra »
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2009, 11:15:33 am »

OK forget the homophones stuff I just make the blood sucky thing, attach it and power-jump (I assume my suit lets me do this at the cost of more blood loss) through the cielling.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2009, 11:42:29 am »

Hey! There might be models who vomit on your ugliness as soon as you step into the hallway, or guards that don't want you taking the conventional way out, and there might be an armed fighter jet which I would be able to fly (given good rolls) on the roof.

Tu Quoque!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2009, 11:53:22 am »

I heal Errol.

My last action missed that fact that I am a girl>:(

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2009, 01:06:21 pm »

Lesbians have gay bars too, they need to find their lovin' someplace.
Turn edited for gender correctness.
Apologies extended.

And thankfully someone finally decided to heal Errol.

Just waiting on Luke_Prowler to continue.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 01:15:01 pm by hillburra »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2009, 04:15:17 pm »

I attempt to mgaically heal errol

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2009, 05:14:19 pm »

Ok, fingers crossed for Errol.....

Errol attempts to ignore the immense pain from his gaping eye wound and (2) fails. -1 to all rolls this turn for Errol.

Disgusted by his own incompetence Errol seeks to blame someone else and ends up cursing the God of Luck for all his short comings. (2-1=1) This goes very poorly for Errol. His curse is just an incomprehensible garble of blood, tears and splinters. Feeling all alone and abandoned Errol wets himself in despair. Errol is now urine soaked as well as blood soaked and tear soaked. And there is no dry cleaner or hospital in either of the rooms you've discovered. Poor Errol.

alfie275 attempts to loot the compressor from the fridge and (4+0=4) manages to do so but gives himself a mild electric shock in the process. Your right arm is all tingly for the next 2 turns, try not to hit your funny bone. The fridge no longer works, where the hell does the beer go now genius.

With his freshly scavenged compressor alfie275 attempts to construct a mechanical vampire to attach to his exoskeleton. I don't know why, I'm not a psychologist. (4+0=4) The blood sucking pump vampire gadget you have constructed works, kinda. It can induce blood loss in people if they are unsuspecting or you have made a successful melee roll at -1AB. It's made pretty shabbily so any blood you put into it will leak out after 2 turns. It is however very well attached to you Box exoskeleton, you wonder if you could even get it off if you tried. It causes no encumbrance and doesn't need to be held to operate.

After making the creepy vampire gadget alfie275 attempts to power jump through the skylight. (3+0=3) He looks up at the skylight and thinks to himself, "Hmm, that actually looks rather solid - I'd hate to power jump up there and smash my head on metre thick glass." Wanting something to do instead you go and jump on one of the beds. It is nice and springy.

shoruke hears a distinct rumble from his/her stomach and decides to peruse the contents of the fridge. (5+0=5) You successfully open the fridge! Inside the fridge you find moldy cheese, a rubber duck and 4 grapefruit. You take all of it because you're a greedy bastard. Not satisfied you make your way over to the beds and scrounge around underneath them. (2+0=2) You find a large number of wadded up tissues, mildly disgusted you try to get out from under the bed and hit your head. Your headache gains one more turn duration.

After knocking your head on the bed you hear a groan, some one is lying there but neither of you noticed because you're both very unobservant. The person introduces themself as Poltifar then heads down through the opening in the floor to look for treasure. (5+0=5) Poltifar finds some clothes but they don't fit as well as the ones he/she already has on so he/she discards them and finds some sunglasses. They look cool so Poltifar puts them on. Sunglasses +1 all charisma rolls, +2 rolls to avoid blinding from bright lights.

Poltifar then grabs some sticks from a shattered box on the grond, binds them together with hay and starts carving runes on it. (3+0=3) It immediately seems silly and Poltifar get self-conscious so he/she starts playing with a yo-yo that was next to the sunglasses. Yo-yo is the same as a unarmed melee attack but cooler.

Horrified at Errol's plight and more than a little worried that he may bleed on her snazzy new threads Relm attempts to heal him. Not in  any specific way, just kinda... you know..... heal. (1+0=1) Unfortunately Relm is totally sucking at her non-descriptive healing technique. Like really sucking. Sucking so much that your healing technique consisted of jamming your finger in Errol's eye socket, wriggling it around and asking him if it hurt. Way to go, you get a gold star (metaphorically).

Errol can't roll to ignore pain next turn, it's just a given that he is writhing in agony now.

Luke_Prowler attempts to use MAGIC to heal Errol which allows me to be far more descriptive of his, what I assume will be, failure. (2+0=2) Whilst you had a great idea, to channel the cosmos through your body to use it's power to aid a fellow person in dire need. You have all the cosmic influence of a rock thus makings this completely and utterly fail. Nothing happens and you just look silly due to the crazy "magical" pose you adopted for the spell that never eventuated.

The God of Mercy looking down upon this chaos sheds a single tear for Errol, this tear sets off a chain of events that do stuff and things. End result is a small cyborg lemur bursts in to the room from one of the perfectly functioning doors and stuffs a wet moldy sock into Errol's left eye socket. Errol's left eye has now been replaced with a wet, moldy sock - congrats! The cyborg lemur then craps in one of the boxes and runs off too fast for any of you to catch. The cyborg lemur very politely closes the door behind himself.

The mold is penecillin (we hope) and the wetness is morphine (we really hope) therefore you have no infection, the bleeding has stopped and you're no longer in pain! On the other hand there was a lot of morphine on that sock and now Errol is totally tripping balls from his eye sock...et. You have to roll a 5 or 6 to ignore your crazy trip hallucinations and you have 1 more turn of blood loss while your spleen gets to work replacing it all.

At the moment miniature purple dinosaurs are trying to eat Errol's hair with chocolate spoons. Errol is freaked out by this situation, weirdo.

On a side note your bruise has healed but you can't regen an eye so no regen roll for you.

Turn end!

Players:
Luke_Prowler
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

shoruke

Relm

Errol

alfie275

Poltifar
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:14:08 pm by hillburra »

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2009, 06:07:10 pm »

I create a blood tank so that not blood is wasted (builds up blood when not doing anything and can be used instead of draining my blood more for power-actions) and attach it to my mechanical vampire. I also drop the spike and go through a door.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:53:46 am by alfie275 »
I do LP of videogames!
See here:

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2009, 06:28:37 pm »

Ditch the cheese and transmute the grapefruits into a magic staff.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2009, 06:47:22 pm »

I can't tell what action is mine. ???

It would help if you put the name above the action.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:51:08 pm by Relm »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5