Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moving/updating Mike Mayday graphics pack to new version of DF  (Read 4110 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

I have tried the newer versions of DF but cannot seem to directly get the mike mayday graphics pack to work. What I have done has caused numerous errors (primarily text based and one graphics based)

I think I am doing it right but before I say it, could someone please verify how to insert Mayday graphics into a new DF version step by step for me.
(Also useful for other form goers).

Are there any textual based errors that occur as a result of porting over mayday graphics into d13 or d14 that anyone knows of. I have checked the official threads on both of these releases (beta) and have not seen it mentioned.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 02:33:11 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moving/updating Mike Mayday graphics pack to new version of DF
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 02:53:26 pm »

Honestly I just copy-pasted the graphics folder and the init files, but it seemed to work.
A less lazy  better  more refined approach might work better, but I see nothing that would stop it from working.

You may want to get someone else opinion however, I doubt that I am qualified to give advice on these matters, being somewhat new myself.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 07:10:10 pm »

The Mayday set comes with D12 ATM (least last I checked).

For D13 you should just need to copy over /data/art, /data/init, /raw/graphics and /raw/objects.

For D14 do the same, but DO NOT COPY THE INIT.  D14 has a different setting, so a direct copy won't work (well, I never tried... so it -might-).  You'll just have to copy over the lines that set the window size and the file for the tileset.

It sounds like you aren't copying the /raw/objects files over, since Mayday changes the tiles that some objects use, and removes accent characters from text, since it uses some of those as graphic tiles that won't work as letters.
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 09:01:36 pm »

The Mayday set comes with D12 ATM (least last I checked).

For D13 you should just need to copy over /data/art, /data/init, /raw/graphics and /raw/objects.

For D14 do the same, but DO NOT COPY THE INIT.  D14 has a different setting, so a direct copy won't work (well, I never tried... so it -might-).  You'll just have to copy over the lines that set the window size and the file for the tileset.

It sounds like you aren't copying the /raw/objects files over, since Mayday changes the tiles that some objects use, and removes accent characters from text, since it uses some of those as graphic tiles that won't work as letters.

sweetman
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper

Titannick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 02:37:21 pm »

Hey, I just registered in order to reply to this...

No complicated manoeuvrings are required. to get Mike Mayday's set to run 40d13;
 http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/upload/DFG21.zip is a link to his latest installment, featuring 40d16.

associated page URL: http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php
which should contain his latest developments.

Greets,
Titannick