Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Setting an Example

(1/2) > >>

Kohou:
The goblin armies assaulted.  Yes, ARMIES!  Two of them.  With nearly twenty goblins between them.  But it was ok!  I had finally managed to train all my marksdwarves up to decent skill with their weapons.

I stationed them at the fortress wall overlooking the entrance to my trade depot's tunnel.  They aimed, they made ready....  Erush Faintnets, Archer is taken by a fey mood!

And so, as the goblin siege came within range of the walls, Erich turned tail and fled to the safety of his jeweler's workshop, to create "Ripadamere, the Blame of Conjuring" a perfect yellow jasper.  A jasper worth merely 4800 bucks.  And though it gained him legendary skills, two dwarfs were lost to his desertion.

"This will not do", I said.  "A lesson needs to be taught here!"  And I knew what had to be done.  I drafted the previous Gemmest, Dartan Charmsalve, and stationed her atop my 10 level tower.  And then...

I pulled the lever. 

It was a sad day in fort Bloodyglazes as Dartan Charmsalves flew for the first time.  Her two children mourned their mother's death, and Erush Faintnets is now looked upon with scorn by the entire fortress. 
Their cold, blaming eyes haunt him as he sits, cutting green glass, trying to become as skilled at cutting gems as he is at causing people's deaths.

(and yes, bloodyglazes is a random name)

Elliott_Thinas:
I cannot help but feel that killing the original archer might have been a more reasonable (although no doubt less dwarven) way of resolving this issue.

zchris13:
Yeah, now your just a bad guy.  As awesome as dwarves are, we still are usually the good guys.  We have things like Ethics.

Quoting from the RAWs:

"[ETHIC:TORTURE_AS_EXAMPLE:UNTHINKABLE]"

I assume this stretches to murder as example.

Kohou:

--- Quote from: Elliott_Thinas on May 03, 2009, 01:57:00 pm ---I cannot help but feel that killing the original archer might have been a more reasonable (although no doubt less dwarven) way of resolving this issue.

--- End quote ---

But that would have lost the fort valuable skills.

yggiz:
I woulda killed the first one over the second, bottom line and all that.

I just can't wait to harvest the organs of dwarven children to replace those of the Mayor. Mwa ha ha!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version