Hello there people.
Since Modbase has been discontinued, and has some problems in general, I decided to just throw together this compilation of mods. I used Modbase for it, with some modifications so that it can actually compile the mods.
These mods are the ones that are completely mine. The pack completely replaces the objects folder.
- Alters body structure and attacks of all creatures in the world to include more flavor (like ribs and roundhouse kicks).
- Adds some creatures that I thought were missing (the most blatant being the panther - there's a WORD for a panther, but no panthers!)
- Adds some creatures that I thought were appropriate (dark elves, kentauri, dark outcasts(driders), black dragons, copper/gold/silver/adamantine golems, steel horrors)
- Alters ethics of all races in a way I found to be more appropriate.
- Adds a number of weapons to all races.
- Most probably does something else I forgot.
- Alters types and chances of placement for various existing materials.
- Adds new materials and metals (too many to list)
- Adds a reaction that makes all stones economic, which allows to quickly forbid certain types of raw stone from being used.
- Adds 10 types of iron and 10 types of steel, obtainable from smelting either with one of the 10 most valuable gemstones.
- Adds around 40 species of magic boxes and crates that hold mostly magical equipment.
- Adds a gi-freaking-normous amount of weapons and armor that only appears inside the magic boxes, and has various properties with prefixes and suffixes.
Download from DFFD.
- Adds a bipedal "-man" creature for every non-mega quadruped in the game.
- I am aware it's spelled "Moreau".
The expanded version can now be downloaded.
- Fixed Infusion reactions.
- Fixed Inobtanite; it will now have a different name and placement, and will not summon the king when found.
- Added some new suffixes and prefixes to the Metamagic weapons. Added metamagic armors for all bodyparts and updated the magic chests to drop them.
- Added magic bags that drop clothing and accessories.
- Added a godawful amount of godawful creatures. They've been somewhat balanced by reducing their numbers and frequency, and also increasing their value for better rewards when you do defeat them. The exact variants are Demon (faster, evil, glows), Dire (larger, tougher, savage), Giant (slow, big and tough), *man (slightly stronger), and any combination of these except Dire and Demon together.
- Addressed some other creature speed issues.
- Altered some Infusion metal properties.
- Included the Botany, Angler, and Zoo (BAZoo?) mods, as well as the Prefstring part of "It's the Small Things" mod collection.
Please note, this version is too large to test properly and is likely to be more unstable than the original.Download expanded version from DFFD.
(obsolete)Revised version now available
This is a version of the Extended version above.
- Issue with magic cloth fixed.
- Added new minerals, and a new metal. Look for a peat-rich location.
- Tweaked stats on the More-Oh monsters, added three size variants, including a semimega version.
- Made the More-Oh mod optional. It always was, but now it's official! Download revised version from DFFD.
Installation of the revised version:
Please report here if you find any bugs!
- Unzip into vanilla DF folder (may be incompatible with other mods unless manually written in)
- Run "clean_data_objects.bat" or manually delete files from the "data/objects" directory.
- If "Dr.More-Oh's Zoo" mod is required, manually copy the "creature_awfulman.txt" file from the "raw" folder into the "raw/objects" folder.