Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Unconscious dwarf in fey mood; other dwarves' injuries ignored  (Read 872 times)

Q-Lok

• Bay Watcher
  • Cog Mersethoslan
    • View Profile
    • deviantART

Okay, so I had a dwarf go into a fey mood awhile back.  She was resting off a broken arm at the time.  I figured that was supposed to be possible, so I let it run for another few months.  However, now, whenever my dwarves get injured, they don't try to rest and other dwarves don't enable health care jobs for them (rescues, giving food and water, etc.).  Three of the four dwarves injured since then have been able to get themselves to bed, but the unit list shows that they are just Sleeping rather than Resting.  Not entirely sure what this means, but I do know that I'm getting sick of having a dwarf laying outside my entrance with a mangled leg yelling for water all the time.

EDIT: Alright, so I've let it run a little longer, and it seems that two of the injured did manage to actually switch their jobs back to "Rest" instead of "Sleep," but the other two in question remain set to "NO JOB MUST SUFFER POINTLESSLY."  Any thoughts or similar experiences, anyone?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 01:44:30 am by Q-Lok »
Plays Dwarf Fortress when bored.  Is probably bored.

Current fort:
Shipnet: For The Throne, But Against The King [Community]
The story of a band of exiles, removed forcibly from their mountainhome by a corrupt usurper.  Rith Medtobikal seeks to turn his frozen home into a new monument to the true king's line in defiance of Nish Roadreined (the "ignoble noble").

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Did she complete the mood successfully or what?

Q-Lok

• Bay Watcher
  • Cog Mersethoslan
    • View Profile
    • deviantART

Yes, she did.  Produced a bloody stupid headscarf that was bristling with spikes.  Frankly, I can't imagine how you'd wear it.

Current fort:
The story of a band of exiles, removed forcibly from their mountainhome by a corrupt usurper.  Rith Medtobikal seeks to turn his frozen home into a new monument to the true king's line in defiance of Nish Roadreined (the "ignoble noble").

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

You could try messing with the beds, like unbuilding and rebuilding them.  I think there's some current bugs relating to beds getting claimed wrong.

Q-Lok

• Bay Watcher
  • Cog Mersethoslan
    • View Profile
    • deviantART

Well, I'll try it, but it's an empty room, and it was just being used as a hospital bed at the time.  I'm not sure why that would affect global settings regarding other beds and injuries.  Also, the dehydrated fortress guard finally kicked it a minute ago, so no need to worry about him any longer.

Thanks, anyhow.

Current fort: