Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d11] odd shortcut bug  (Read 1147 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d11] odd shortcut bug
« on: May 07, 2009, 08:37:49 pm »

Whats going on is if I press shift or ctrl it goes up or down, this means that I cannot use any shortcuts relating to capital letters. I don't know how this happened other than some sort of issue occuring when I copied the folder to my usb. Thing is it was fine for a long time but it seems like some point after copying maybe my comp decided to automaticly shortcut for 40d11 because the regular 40d is unaffected even with the same save file. I've tried reinstalling the 40d11 multipule times but each time is the same, the comp seems to be hotkeying so if someone knows how to deal with this it would be awsome.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d11] odd shortcut bug
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 10:39:33 pm »

Whats going on is if I press shift or ctrl it goes up or down,

What goes up or down?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 11:58:19 pm »

Whats going on is if I press shift or ctrl it goes up or down,

What goes up or down?
Up and down z-levels, sorry for not clarifying.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 05:09:25 am »

Ctrl/Shift + 5 go up and down.  Is the 5 or center of your numpad acting up?  In any case, you can unbind those keys in your keybindings.  The entries in data/init/interface.txt are

[CURSOR_UP_Z_AUX:SHIFT+5]
[CURSOR_DOWN_Z_AUX:CTRL+5]
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 08:39:05 am »

Ctrl/Shift + 5 go up and down.  Is the 5 or center of your numpad acting up?  In any case, you can unbind those keys in your keybindings.  The entries in data/init/interface.txt are

[CURSOR_UP_Z_AUX:SHIFT+5]
[CURSOR_DOWN_Z_AUX:CTRL+5]

I'm not sure what it is, I think my computer reconizes 40d11 and somehow forces the shift or ctrl only thing as a hotkey or something. Its wierd since 40d works just fine. Maybe I should change the key bindings to see if that works.

edit: hmm I changed the keybinding through the menu and it worked, and I changed them back to see what would happen and now it appears to be working just fine. I replaced the interface.txt before which didn't do anything so I'll have to keep an eye out for this to happen again. Odd that changing it in game then back seems t have solved the problem.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 08:45:55 am by userpay »