Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Why isn't the Baron coming?

(1/2) > >>

zinckelhoff:
I have 92 dwarves, over 1 million wealth, the caravan got off the map safely and I must have completed the tasks mentioned on the wiki.

I have 95, 843 exported wealth

Vilien:
My question to you is: Why would you want him to come?

quintin522:

--- Quote from: Vilien on May 04, 2009, 05:45:18 pm ---My question to you is: Why would you want him to come?

--- End quote ---
Tantrum spiral, hammering, ridiculous demands, baby factory consort, revenge via deathchamber, and
fun  ;D

Glory of Arioch:
What's your exported wealth like? For months I would never have the baron come to my fortress, and this was because I had only ever traded recovered goblin goodies to the caravans. (Giant cave spider silk sommats alone accounted for something like 70% of my exports.) Since those items were not created in the fortress, they do not count for exported wealth, and as such will not attract the Baron.

On a related note, my latest fortress just had the Baron arrive with his retinue... five spaces from where a dragon had arrived not ten turns earlier. The only survivors of that immigrant wave were the baron, tax collector, dungeon master (who arrived with them,) and a potash maker.

Jim Groovester:

--- Quote from: Glory of Arioch on May 04, 2009, 06:03:38 pm ---The only survivors of that immigrant wave were the baron, tax collector, dungeon master (who arrived with them,) and a potash maker.

--- End quote ---

What a tragedy. Couldn't more useful dwarves have survived instead?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version