Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: The plains of the Dead RTD Turn 13  (Read 17447 times)

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
The plains of the Dead RTD Turn 13
« on: May 05, 2009, 11:38:34 am »

ok i came up with a story and i thought it could be a cool RTD tho this is the first time i try to host one so i could require alot of help.

so as a GM what exactly do i need to know and if theres a guide or whatever please redirect me there.

as soon as i understood most important parts i can tell you the story and add up some space.

how many players should be allowed?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:10:15 pm by Phazer »
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen plains RTD
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:42:37 am »

The amount of players is dependent on your story or how much time you can put into this. The only guide is your story that goes with the rolls. I'm fairly new to being a GM too but I think I got hang of it.

BTW I'm in whatever the hell it is.

[EDIT] As for a guide line, find a RTD with some rules at first post or something. This prevents people breeding with the sun, almost.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:49:18 am by knightedskull »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:56:45 am »

Ooh!Ooh!

Can I play!?(Meh,not so interested anymore...)

I wana do a psychotic clown and this would probably be the perfect RTD to do it in!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:24:29 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
Re: The plains of the Dead RTD
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:19:25 pm »

ok thanks.

You are but a peasant which has had a hard time in youre life and you want to leave this miserable life and was lucky to get a new job, You live in a city called Waenhunt which is a rather small town but is protected with a wall. you recently began youre new work and has only earned 10 small gold coins so far but you think its rather good for this short time.
a guard recently commanded you to meet Duke Remlon at the castle because of an assignment, you got 3 turns to go there and there is no IF.

there will be 5 players in this RTD

1.Knightedskull-Thief
2.hillburra-Engineer
3.Frelock-Healer
4.Relm-Forester
5.alfie275-Magician

there are a quite simple rules

if its reasonably and not to unserious its allowed but i must permit it.

there are different proffesions.

1.Forester- Skilled in both cutting down trees as to know about herbs this includes carpentry.

2.Trapper- helps alot with ambushes when he can put down several traps and are capable of hunting.

3.Thief- Good at backstabbing,thieving, pickpocketing and you name it.

4.Engineer- as an engineer you know all about weapons attachments and bombs and several other gadgets.

5.Healer- this one has trained his/her whole life at being good at understanding and healing the human body and will be able to heal others with bandages and even healing magic if you get trained.

6.Leader (only 1)- knows the skill to talk to get people to listen and get them motivated to work or to fight depending on the situation.

7.Magician- trained in the magic arts you can throw spells and summon helpers this does not include healing magic.

8.Fighter- used to take a beating and give it too this veteran knows how to swing a blade or whatever his weapon is.

at the moment i cant get up with to many professions so if you want one which is not included i will add it if its reasonable.

alittle edit, i changed the story i came up because it sounded boring after awhile of writing so i hope this will do.

additionally, anyone got a good site for dices or whatever i need.

The map of castle of Waenhunt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The outer village of Waenhunt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

excuse me for drawing bad but i thought this was easier than telling you were everything are.

*NOTICE*
those proffesions that sounds boring can come in hand as you need to eat rest and so on.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:25:46 am by Phazer »
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 12:22:47 pm »

This one's pretty good for rolling dice: http://random.org/dice/
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 12:23:50 pm »

ok thanks

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:38:08 pm »

Can I be the engineer please?
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 02:30:47 pm »

I'll be the bastard thief.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 03:05:30 pm »

3 more and were set to go.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 03:15:30 pm »

One profession you passed over was the good ol' fighter.  Skilled with weapons, but not much else.
A mage/wizard is usually common in this type of setting, too, though that might be a little over-the-top for you, considering that everyone starts out as a peasant.

And there's really only three rules to any good RTD:
1. A dice (usually 6-sided) determines whether you succeed or fail
2. If you're going to be hit in a way that could damage you, you get a free roll to dodge (hence the name of the game)
3. Whatever the GM says goes ;)

I'll join up, with a fighter, if that seems reasonable to you.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 03:18:22 pm »

forgot to tell you, you begin with no fighter skills but with a profession and you get to train up youre fighting skill from the start.

ill add wizard.

you can always train directly when the game start so you wont lose too much.

thou if you really want i can add a fighter class too.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:26:55 pm by Phazer »

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 03:42:49 pm »

Oooo a new RTD! I'll join!  :D

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 04:03:34 pm »

state youre profession

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 04:20:34 pm »

Can I join and be a magician?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 04:29:42 pm »

I guess I'll be a Ranger-I mean Forester. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16