Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: The plains of the Dead RTD Turn 13  (Read 17446 times)

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The plains of the Dead RTD
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 09:43:19 pm »

I collect my tool belt from my house and in it I put a hammer, drill, screwdriver, wrench, chisel, nails, screws, glue and a saws for both wood and metal. I also grab a backpack full of all the food and gold lying around my house. I then use the workshop in my house to make a powerful spring-loaded harpoon gun and a big stack of harpoons that fit nicely in my backpack.

I think that all fits into one turn :S
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:47:54 pm by hillburra »
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 03:39:56 am »

Knightedskull- as a thief you got some dark leather clothes and 2 daggers and 10 throwing daggers. you got spome spare food lying around (1 piece of meat and cheese). also 10 gold coins you stole earlier.

and a notice: as a thief you get only negative things from plate armor and chain.

hillburra- you pick up youre equipment youre food (2 pieces of meat and a small waterskin). and 10 gold coins.

ill post youre actions involving moving,crafting and fighting when frelock has posted his action.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 03:54:17 am »

Sorry for holding everyone up.

I'll just simply pack up my things (may I have a list as well?), pick up some healing equipment from the store house if necessary, and begin a nice, slow stroll towards the citadel.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 04:01:10 am »

i dont got time at the moment(at school) so ill post your things when i come home and that wont take too long.

Frelock- you have 3 healing salves and 2 bandages in youre coffer. you also have 10 gold, you have a stick for travelling, at the store house you can pick up anything you put there (as you cant put like 2h swords in the bank) but its safe because of the magic guardians.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
Re: The plains of the Dead RTD Turn 2
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 06:53:21 am »

Ok i chage my action and get the axe and a loaf of bread, and the jug of wine and 10 gold coins, and get the dark color vile and give it to Alfie and then go to the duke Remlon.

Oh and a ranger class would be cool.

You gather up youre things and head over to alfie to give him the potion then you begin to walk to the castle

I'll gather my things (list please) and then head over to the back door of the store house  ;)  unless the items I'm lookin fer is on me.
If I can I need a crossbow with bolts, a good knife, and some metal helmet, whether gained legit or stolen from storage house.
(that is if I get lock pick from start.)
You pick up youre gear and equip it and head over to the back of the store house were you see a chest near the backdoor.

(you can attempt to break the lock with youre dagger but it depends if you get a head or tail).

I collect my tool belt from my house and in it I put a hammer, drill, screwdriver, wrench, chisel, nails, screws, glue and a saws for both wood and metal. I also grab a backpack full of all the food and gold lying around my house. I then use the workshop in my house to make a powerful spring-loaded harpoon gun and a big stack of harpoons that fit nicely in my backpack.

I think that all fits into one turn :S

you collect youre belongings and use the tools to do a harpoon gun and you make [3] about 3/4's done you only need to fix the a couple of small things on it or you could try to fire it but its if you want to take the risk.

Sorry for holding everyone up.

I'll just simply pack up my things (may I have a list as well?), pick up some healing equipment from the store house if necessary, and begin a nice, slow stroll towards the citadel.

you pick up youre equipment,bandages and salves and head over to the store house. you remember you put some provisions in youre chest but theyre wrapped up and you dont remember what it contained. you feel confused but you continue to the castle
I gather up all my spell books and notes into a back pack and go with Relm.

you pick up youre books and scrolls and head after Relm and Frelock.

Relm,Frelock and alfie arrives at the castle. its heavily fortified with guards everywhere, some of the guards are training in the castle courtyard, you arrive at the inner castle were Duke Remlon waits, you enter a big chamber and at the chair ahead of you sit's the Duke.

Duke Remlon- Ahhhh yes here they are, but its missing two of them. hmm i guess i can wait on them but you can start with my assignment right away. it is so that ive heard of a Necromancer that travelled through the fields south of here. my scouts also reported that the villagers down there have gone missing, i cannot afford to lose more gold because of this and i cant send any guards, if this is true it can lurk enemys about and i want my full force to repel the attack. so i want you 5 to tell me whats going on down there, and as you were this good that you came directly to me i will give you a small... bonus. Grimus! lead this men to the armory were they can choose something to help them in their journey. and tell the others what ive told you as you need as many men you can get.

Grimus the unsocial dumb guard shows the way to the armory were you can choose 1 thing each.

the armory is quite small but its stuffed with weapons and armor, you look around you and you see some weapons and armor.

the one who owns the armory is a short guy called Himp and he offers you one thing but nothing of high quality. you see a Spear, Mace, crossbow with 20 bolts and a sword, some leather armor and a staff. the rest is to expensive for the duke to give you.

Statuses

Knightedskull
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hillburra

Relm

Alfie275

Frelock

New turn

give youre actions and youre choice of reward.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:58:33 pm by Phazer »

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 07:23:19 am »

It's a good idea to post the rolls, and the the number of turn and include the turn number in name of thread, to keep people updated. 

This also seems like an odd mix of dnd and rtd.

Next turn I go to duke guy, I'll come back to chest later.

and yeah there needs to be the rolls.

[EDIT] If the duke doesn't see me as a thief (which might make him think twice about letting me in the armory or such), I'll help my self to the armory by picking up crossbow and the bolts. Also snatch a backpack while I'm there  ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:59:35 am by knightedskull »

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 07:25:21 am »

I finish work on my spring-loaded harpoon gun and my stack of harpoons, put them in my backpack, then run to meet with the duke. I then try to convince the duke to grant me the leather armour in the armoury that is on offer even though I was a bit late.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 07:39:06 am »

ok but i only rolled on hillburra as he was the only one who did something except walking.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 07:50:04 am »

TIP

If they are walking and then do an action, but roll a 1, 2, or 3, you could make them encounter an event or have something happen as they walk. Like say I rolled a 1 to going back of the storage house, some guard on patrol could have saw me and then suspect me of theft which could lead to a multitude of events, or something.

Also if someone does get a 3, keep in mind that  they don't fail but they don't succeed.

Also it might help to have their profession name in their status.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:57:11 am by knightedskull »

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 07:53:23 am »

ok
thats why he only got 3/4's and no ammo

also should movin around and talking to npcs be a free move and not turn based?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:57:35 am by Phazer »

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 08:03:07 am »

Talking, walking(some) and picking up items seems to be the def of free action, but like I said in my rtd, you don't get free success ( except maybe some pickups) you would still need roll for the npc depending on the action of the players. The amount of "free actions" is your call. But every action gets a roll. ALTHOUGH some npc interaction and talking does count as an action, like a conversation, you just have to make the call whether it does count as an action or not and the rolls.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:05:42 am by knightedskull »

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 08:04:49 am »

think i got the hang of most things now

thanks knighted

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 10:44:51 am »

What? There's a crossbow but no bow?  :(

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2009, 10:50:12 am »

yes as these are military equipment and these guys mostly use crossbows and you can always check the surrounding store's if they got one.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2009, 10:53:30 am »

Fine i take some leather armor. *sigh*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16