Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

IF YOU COULD VOTE TO LEAVE OR REMAIN WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION AS A SUBJECT OF HRH (PBUH) WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK OR CITIZENSHIP ABROAD, HOW WOULD YOU VOTE?

FUCK YES LET'S LEAVE GET HYPE YEY
Casual yes, let's leave and get independence done with
Meh, probably just scribble all over my vote ballot to spite tryhards
Casual no, let's remain and get integration done with
FUCK NO LET'S REMAIN GET CALM YEY

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107]

Author Topic: Breeki British Brexit thread  (Read 144617 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Breeki British Brexit thread
« Reply #1590 on: June 28, 2016, 06:02:01 pm »

Uhhh I am technically still a subject of the Queen :P
So I am a subject of Britain.
Oh you are? Why aren't you following our laws then? Why do you not live on British soil? Why do you know not of the isles without the word of le current year man?

I dunno if his career has really come tumbling down. The same people who were always openly looking for an opportunity to stab him in the back have officially stabbed him in the back.
The knives are out but they haven't killed Caesar; coup attempts on Corbyn have been frequent, and I suppose the thing that marks this one out is how many MPs in favour of his ousting vastly outnumber those who aren't. Corbyn needs to push for a general election (it doesn't need to happen, merely the threat of it) or intimidate his MPs into representing their constituents voters, as he is popular amongst his voters far more than the party is to them. Either way it's not looking good for labour, they need serious help, and I'm not sure who is capable of providing it.

... it's not? The exact opposite, actually. TD1's from NI, if my memory's not going completely haywire, and stated they were a leave voter right there. I'd consider them a person, but apparently the thread's creator doesn't :V
You've called me an Englander, you've said I don't consider Northern Irelanders to be people, and you bring me a post made 500 posts ago to prove that, after I said in the last 150 posts there weren't a single Briton or Leave voter having made any posts.

Frumple - you are the only person who has managed to insult me in this entire thread.
*EDIT
Honestly, the more I read your post the more I regret it, you weren't just making a character judgement of me, you were judging all Englanders off of one as me, off of a hatred not borne. You bloody git.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 06:05:00 pm by Loud Whispers »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: June 28, 2016, 06:06:06 pm »

Oh you are? Why aren't you following our laws then?

I... am...

Why do you not live on British soil?

Well... This would also be something I am doing. Unless you revoked it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 06:07:57 pm by Neonivek »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1592 on: June 28, 2016, 06:07:38 pm »

Of what country?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: June 28, 2016, 06:08:36 pm »

Of what country?

I am following the laws handed down from the Crown.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1594 on: June 28, 2016, 06:14:33 pm »

Of what country?
I'm guessing Canadian. If you are not, it matters not, each nation of the Commonwealth is governed separately irregardless, you are following the law of your parliament which handles the Royal prerogative as its constituents see fit. You are not following British law, don't know why you'd want to pretend you are

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: June 28, 2016, 06:16:10 pm »

Not since 1988, Neonivek. Queen no longer has to approve the laws of Canada; she's just a figurehead at the top.

Effectively. Yet it still says we are subjects of the Queen and that she owns Canada, its currency, and a bunch of other stuff... Just... not in practice.

Essentially it is like saying I own a house... But I don't chose who lives in it, I can't take it for myself, and I cannot alter it in anyway.

But on paper it still says I technically own it :P

Of what country?
I'm guessing Canadian. If you are not, it matters not, each nation of the Commonwealth is governed separately irregardless, you are following the law of your parliament which handles the Royal prerogative as its constituents see fit. You are not following British law, don't know why you'd want to pretend you are

I am following a law passed down from Britain that says I do what I want :P

It is the glory of technicalities and I was originally saying it as a joke... since I figured people would have picked up on that xD

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: June 28, 2016, 06:17:58 pm »

Honestly, the more I read your post the more I regret it, you weren't just making a character judgement of me, you were judging all Englanders off of one as me, off of a hatred not borne. You bloody git.
I was literally just making wordplay and didn't bother to count posts ::)

In any case, you forget palsch if you actually wanted a UK voice from the last 150. So cheers, you've massively misinterpreted something and still managed to call someone a non-person :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1597 on: June 28, 2016, 06:20:57 pm »

I am following a law passed down from Britain that says I do what I want :P
Thank you for this wonderful derail that contributed greatly to the discussion

Jk, you're not frumple

Well... This would also be something I am doing. Unless you revoked it.
No, it would not be.

I was literally just making wordplay and didn't bother to count posts ::)

In any case, you forget palsch if you actually wanted a UK voice from the last 150. So cheers, you've massively misinterpreted something and still managed to call someone a non-person :V
Oh how funny
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107]