Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Google Easter Egg  (Read 7633 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Google Easter Egg
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 06:04:53 pm »

Random?  Hardly.  It was a satire - the subject matter would be based on social issues, world events at the time, and previously made scientific or philosophic statements.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 07:39:41 pm »

anyone remember the "weapons of mass destruction" google?

anyone have a copy or link to where that went?
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 08:59:36 pm »

Here it is!

However, this, the Chuck Norris page, and the "french military victories" page were not made by Google and were never endorsed by Google.

They were Google Bombs.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 09:02:54 pm »

None of that stuff.  I hate Douglas Adams because EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD thinks he rocks.  And I dont' like anything that other people like, like apostrophes in the contraction.  I put them on the edge, just like me.  I'm on the edge, against the grain.

Anyway, yeah, I remember the Chuck Norris thing, although the military victories thing is new to me.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 10:05:45 pm »

I keep confusing Douglas Adams with Scott Adams... though I have to agree. I'm not sure why people like him so much. I prefer the latter guy. He acts less like an ubernerd / princess.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 10:31:02 pm »

None of that stuff.  I hate Douglas Adams because EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD thinks he rocks.
I hate Douglas Adams too, everyone thinks hes so great becuase he did that stupid 42 thing.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 10:38:24 pm »

Fight the power! Use 26 instead of 42!!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 12:40:52 am »

None of that stuff.  I hate Douglas Adams because EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD thinks he rocks.
I hate Douglas Adams too, everyone thinks hes so great becuase he did that stupid 42 thing.
So, you hate him because other people don't?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 03:55:41 am »

Try to type 'google pirate' and hit 'I'm feeling lucky'

The page is pretty old though, so it doesn't support most of google's new features.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 06:59:59 am »

I was hoping that a search for "Dirty Harry" or at least "Clint Eastwood" would turn up something interesting if you clicked "I'm feeling lucky".

@Inaluct: I'm similar in a way. I tend to avoid anything that's been widely accepted, but bear in mind that Douglas Adams is widely accepted among nerds. It's like being one of the world's most respected abortion docters.

I'll agree that he is hyped up a little. Adams is good, but compared to Terry Pratchett (whom he is constantly compared to) he's kinda "meh".
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 07:02:23 am »

"that stupid 42 thing" was pretty nice the first time I read it, but that's definetly not as great as some of the ideas he had.

What about the couch that got wedged in the corner at the stairs in such a way it could not be removed? technically, mathematically impossible, full of wonder. Til the cops come and take it apart with chainsaws instead of staring in awe  ;D

Or what about the sunglasses that protect you from (noticing) harm?

The intelligent elevators commiting suicide because they cant go sideways?

Like or dont like the answer to the question for life, the universe and basically everything, I dont care, but I have to ask you:
do YOU know where your towel is?

I'll agree that he is hyped up a little. Adams is good, but compared to Terry Pratchett (whom he is constantly compared to) he's kinda "meh".
You kinda mixed them up  ;D

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 07:48:25 am »

You kinda mixed them up  ;D
Sacrifice the blasphemer on an altar made of Discworld novels!
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 10:47:45 am »

Coldplay - 42

Yeah... 42...
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 08:08:07 pm »

I never understand this position of 'Lots of people like it. Therefore I must not like it.', it not impossible for something to be popular and to be good. It also not bad for something to be good and commercial.

As for the liking Douglas Adam, it depends on when you read him. If you read him at late teens early 20, it something else. You'll find LotR fantatics love that novel more because they read it in that time frame then when they read Hitch Hiker.

I love Douglas Adam, his wit in those novels are unparalleled. He not my absolute favorite sci fi author. I much perfer hard scifi. But there mostly good novels, such as terry pratchet novels are good to.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 08:19:54 pm »

I was hoping that a search for "Dirty Harry" or at least "Clint Eastwood" would turn up something interesting if you clicked "I'm feeling lucky".

@Inaluct: I'm similar in a way. I tend to avoid anything that's been widely accepted, but bear in mind that Douglas Adams is widely accepted among nerds. It's like being one of the world's most respected abortion docters.

Google bork, Ee'm feeleeng loocky!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4