Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Sparkgear - experimental bloodline fortress [Historical archives]  (Read 86623 times)

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile

Feeling too sick for DF.
Pass me up :-[

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

I'll take whatever the next available day is... But be warned, this is my first bloodline, so it may end up being lots of Fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Well alway you can take today if you want to.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

That won't be a problem, always. Just remember, this bloodline game uses a different turn system than others.

Also, give Demonic Spoon a bath in magma. He likes that.

READ ME: Since the fps is dropping so low, it is becoming more and more difficult to do anything in 24 hours. How would you miscreants feel about increasing turn size to 48 hours?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 04:56:32 am by nahkh »
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heck yeah! Btw did you see how I further defaced your art Nakh? Also, I only enjoy post-mortem bathing in magma after I'm safely encased in my adamantium coffn. And I added som POI's to the map.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-5852-sparkgear

And could my succesor just change the name of the dungeon master to:
"Demonic Spoon the Glorious" ? Thanks, I forgot to do that.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 05:01:26 am by Demonic Spoon »

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

uranium kitchens
So that's how they cook without fire, I always wondered
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

I am setting up a nice power station on the river, should be able to provide enough for whatever anyone wants to build and then some. I would estimate upwards of 1500 power will be available for use, with more easily added. After all, we need to add some gears to sparkgear...

Edit: A note to future rulers: there are a pair of raw adamantine coffins in the mason's workshop on level -12, about 1 screen n-e of the main stairwell.

Another note: the power station has a red lever next to it. This level can be pulled to cut off all power going into the fort from the location. Just don't keep it off for to long after my character dies, since it also cuts off power to the mechanisms in his tomb, which would make him very bored in the afterlife.

Edit 3: I added a bunch of gear assemblies all the way down the main stairway shaft, so power will be easy to access from any level. There is 2300 power overall, with about 600 or so of that lost to the friction from the gears transfering it around. So there is plenty to go around!

Edit 4: Using an artifact door worth well over 400,000 I built a nobles room. The door has enough value that I was able to not only make their bedrooms the same room, but also to make their tombs, offices, and dining room all in that same room!

Edit 5: Added a pit out from of the main entrance with grates, got a few rooms down below hooked up in a sort of gladiator arena/drowning pit. The levers for the doors are in the rooms which are the same shape (but rotated) as the rooms to which they are attached. The lever for the grates which drop them in is to the north of the entrance. In addition, I added some fortifications north of the trap covered entrance as a last resort fallback position if they manage to get past the corridor of traps.

'Skid' seems to be very resilient. So far I have accidentally dumped him in the river, nearly drowning him as well as dropped him off a couple floors, resulting in multiple yellow wounds. And that's just what happened while I was watching! All his wounds have healed, and he is right back to mining again.

To the next ruler: Be careful with the elves. My tree cutting seems to have upset them, and I apparently offended them by offering them a wooden harp (as if they didn't have 10 they were trying to sell to me).

Edit 6: The flooding part of the drowning pit/gladiator pit out front of the gate has 2 levers. The one on the left is for the pump which removes water, and the one on the right opens the door to let water in. The lever by the channel of water going to the pit (east of the pit, and one level up from the bottom) is to a floodgate which blocks off incoming water.

After the grates to drop stuff into the pit are done being linked up, I think I will be done for the day... However, with the framerate hovering around 30 it could take awhile...

Edit 7: Got all the grates queued up at least. I have played for about 1 year now, which IMO is enough for me. I have no more project ideas, so I will be uploading the new save shortly.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 06:05:41 pm by alway »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Marko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Roomies

dl'd and trying to figure out what the heck is goin on...
Hm.
WHERE IS THE SAVE?
AN HOUR LATE?
OFF WITH HIS HEAD

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

dl'd and trying to figure out what the heck is goin on...

Ya... I still don't think I figured out where everything is, and thats after playing it for 4 hours.

Oh, and one thing I forgot. Change 'Mechlord Alway' (a mechanic) to the profession title of ex-ruler, since my turn is done. My above posts should help with most of the levers I added. Only other real potential danger I saw was the irrigation system deep down on (what appears to be) the main food production level. 3 levers, probably fairly easy to figure out. One thing you might want to do is get a bit bigger force of marksdwarves... I kinda got a bunch of em killed off during the goblin seige right after I started. There appears to be a human caravan stuck in the entryway, the gaurds will help a bit in goblin seiges but from what I can tell they prevent other wagons from getting to the depot, so it might be a good idea to figure out how to dispose of the caravan. Some of the un-used mining tunnels deep down have doors on them, most of which are locked. This was an attempt (didn't work that well) to minimize the area pathfinding would need to take into account and thus reduce lag. In short, the place is a mess, good luck figuring it out!

Edit: But at least food production seems more than adequate for now, so you shouldn't have to much trouble with that. I mostly ignored the noble's mandates, and have had only 1 tantrum result from it. The hammerer seems very lax as well, and I did not see a single hammering in my year there.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 08:03:31 pm by alway »

Marko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Roomies

and I don't know if you noticed... but the human traders wagon's seem to be stuck...
Hm.
WHERE IS THE SAVE?
AN HOUR LATE?
OFF WITH HIS HEAD

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Yep, it seems to prevent the dwarf and human wagon caravans from getting in... So its elf only trading, and they aren't to happy at the moment.

Marko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Roomies

well they've been freed! ;)
Hm.
WHERE IS THE SAVE?
AN HOUR LATE?
OFF WITH HIS HEAD

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

when is the next turn available? sign me up for next (available) run!

which appears to be tomorrow??
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:20:52 pm by eerr »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe the human caravan is stuck because of the trees, most of which I ordered cut down, it could also have sometihng to do with the goblin siege that appeared shortly after them at the same spot. Also, try to keep the elves happy until we get sunberries :(.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:33:29 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10