Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Puppies swim...IN MAGMA?  (Read 2484 times)

Da King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Puppies swim...IN MAGMA?
« on: May 06, 2009, 03:37:12 pm »

Okay, this is really wierd. I threw a buch of puppies into my magma pipe as a sacrfice to appease the fire gods, but one seems to have survived for unknown reasons? Does anyone know why? Is he the Chosen one? Must my Fortress worship him now?

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
Re: Puppies swim...IN MAGMA?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 03:47:59 pm »

Yes.

Drain part of the pipe, take the bones, and built a throne to this fireproof puppy of armok. Sacrifice elves to him.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 03:49:30 pm »

Watch him swim for a while, if he does survive and gets out of the magma pipe unharmed, recapture it throw it in again. If he survives that one, then he's probably Armok's incarnate and you should build a huge temple/tower and make your dwarfs worship him.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Wahad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 03:56:22 pm »

Or turn temperature on. Whichever works.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 04:11:07 pm »

Nah, you must submit him to "Ordeal by water" (flooded room), "Ordeal by air" (drop him down your excecution shaft) and "Ordeal by earth" (collapse a tunnel on him) before we know that he is the Invincible Puppy of Armok.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 05:16:08 pm »

Send him against orcs, gobbos, and elves in your arena. Much more dwarfy way to determine if he's armok or not. If he kills them all...start building that temple ASAP.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 05:24:08 pm »

I believe there's a bug where a creature landing on top of another creature becomes temporarily invincible. Since you mass dumped your puppies, I suspect this is what happened.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Coilgunner

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Over 9000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 06:01:08 pm »

I believe there's a bug where a creature landing on top of another creature becomes temporarily invincible. Since you mass dumped your puppies, I suspect this is what happened.

I need to start mass dumping my soldiers!  INVINCI-HAMMARERS Here to protect your fortress.
Sweet mother of God! I just arrived in adventure mode and the sturgeon is still spitting out bits of dwarf!

ZergSpartan

• Bay Watcher
  • OH GOD BEES
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 06:08:48 pm »

The best part is, no-one has any objections to him throwing puppies into magma. Instead they just give advice on what to now do to the puppy.
"Yeah. My plan was to drop some kittens into the siege, and have my dwarves freefall into battle, landing on top of the kittens. The plan was kinda dumb though because the kittens were standing on grates, and the goblins killed them with arrows just as I was releasing the freefalling dwarves. So the dwarves weren't able to land on kittens and just fell and died."

Coilgunner

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Over 9000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 06:23:39 pm »

The best part is, no-one has any objections to him throwing puppies into magma. Instead they just give advice on what to now do to the puppy.

This is what playing DF turns you into  ;D.

Actually for me, when I butcher kittens I don't feel very bad and dish them out without remorse, probably because kittens are so humorous and with all the lolcat's, I can't really take them seriously (not that I don't love cats).

But when I slaughter puppies I sometimes do feel bad :(
I don't actually kill puppies anymore, and it's not because I feel bad for them, it's that they make great war animals, and I always have a need for wardogs.
Sweet mother of God! I just arrived in adventure mode and the sturgeon is still spitting out bits of dwarf!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 06:29:30 pm »

I know what you mean, I once embarked on a map where the chasm ended in the center of the map. Yes, I'm well aware of why I souldn't do that. Troglodytes attacked my starting dwarves, but luckily I had randomly decided to bring wardogs that time

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 07:41:53 pm »

My first signature quote...
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.