Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: Moonlever - A Cooperative Terrorist-Eliminating TBS  (Read 49261 times)

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
Re: Moonlever - A Cooperative Terrorist-Eliminating TBS
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2009, 02:35:07 pm »

Really?  They're all bunched up now, wouldn't now be a good time to huck a few grenades?
Or do you think they're too tightly packed, and the first few 'layers' will absorb most of the effects?  Even so, I don't think it'll be any better outside, and if this clears the pressure off of us...
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 19, 2009, 02:44:33 pm »

Well, my thought is that we have superior firepower over the zeds, but they have superior numbers. Therefore, we should be trying to maximize the number of choke points that they have to go through. If we go with my plan (back up to door, blow outer wall, go through door and outside) we can force them through a total of three spots (two doors and the wall itself).
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 19, 2009, 02:55:41 pm »

Yeah yeah yeah. I vote for Strife's plan.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 19, 2009, 03:06:25 pm »

I don't know, that seems like it means the SBFs are going to be coming at you from two directions rather than one.
If we're forced back further, we can then retreat and use the C4, but...I guess I'm not a very subtle person.  If there's an enemy force in my way, kill them.

Do we kill the two civillians on our way out?

Where the hell did they come from, anyway?  The sea?  The air?  Underground pits like in Iwo Jima?
>Get flag
>Use team to plant flag in zombie.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2009, 03:10:12 pm »

Dude, that last joke made no sense to the cognitive situation we have placed ourselves in.

At anyrate, no don't shoot the stupid civvies. They seem to not be even DOING anything. I'd agree I'd rather shoot up ALL of the Screaming Bloody Freaks if anything else before falling back. Though the way I see it, I think we SHOULD fall back, because it sort of looks like there's an endless swarm of them, and we'll get over run. So we should blow a hole whilst shooting said Screaming Bloody Freaks, and fall back to the raft.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 19, 2009, 04:00:48 pm »

Really?
Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong island.  Wasn't Iwo Jima the one where the Americans took the beaches and part of the island relatively unopposed, then the Japanese mounted a stiff and surprising resistance, often using heavily camoflagued bunkers and the like?
We entered the beaches, no resistance, no resistance in the jungles, and then suddenly enemies are coming out of the ground and banzai charging us.  Seems like Iwo Jima to me.
Oh well, it seemed funny at the time.

But yeah, where the hell is this endless swarm coming from?  The island is tiny.  I think it's probably small enough the guy on the raft could throw grenades to us.
Even if they were buried on the island, we've probably got more than enough guns and ammo to take them all out.

As for the civvies, I was wondering if we should kill them when we're sailing away.  They probably aren't here being innocent, and they may even be working with whoever's responsible for the zombies.
Or we could try to capture them, for a less bloodthirsty option.
I'm just sure they're up to no good, and if they weren't, well, who's going to know?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 19, 2009, 04:33:08 pm »

Well, we ARE the Military, and this is a combat operation, so I guess we have every right to detain those two civilians, but the thing is, they are marked AS civilians, if they were the cause of this, than they would be marked as terrorists, or bad guys or what have you.

It seems so far, Squeegy has meant everything quite straightforward. Meaning if the color Legend says that they are just Armed Civilians, then they are...Armed Civilians.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 19, 2009, 05:16:28 pm »

I say we capture them as we leave, if they were there for any length of time they would have seen what happened. Where the zombies came from, maybe even what happened to the two dead people, etc.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 19, 2009, 05:31:20 pm »

Yeah, I see what you mean.  I suppose it's just that I when I first saw the civillians, I immediately though "Oh boy, just a matter of time before they turn black and shoot at us."

Besides, we didn't have any premission intel on them, so maybe they default to civilian?

Still, what the heck are they doing here?  It's suspicious.
I now say we need to detain them on our way out.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2009, 05:50:17 pm »

I agree with the detain on the way out idea. Depending on what they're armed with, our one chap on the boat might not be enough.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2009, 05:53:52 pm »

Have you guys decided on an action?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2009, 05:57:35 pm »

I think it boils down to
>SHOOT!  SHOOT!  SHOOOOOOOT!!!
with the closer ranged weapons, until the zmobies are dead.

And we're divided on
>Use Grenade, Y/N?
>Y

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2009, 06:13:07 pm »

...Just a few. You know. For Shock 'n Awe.

WorkerDrone is suffering from horrific WWZ memories...

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2009, 06:28:58 pm »

Meaning if the color Legend says that they are just Armed Civilians, then they are...Armed Civilians.

Excuse me, but I think you need to have another look at that color legend.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2009, 06:36:11 pm »

Armed civilians, regular civilians, ITS ALL THE SAME.

Okay it isn't.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28