Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 67594 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« on: May 07, 2009, 11:17:46 pm »

Well, a lot's happened since 3.18. I think it's only proper that you get to play with the new toys and with bugs fixed. You can also give me lots of great feedback on some of the more significant changes.

Windows Download (With 3.19.1 - 3.19.4 Bugfixes!):
http://www.jonathansfox.com/LCS/lcs_win32_3.19.4.zip

If you're experiencing problems with the maps, you can move or delete sitemaps.txt to revert to using legacy map generation code. The legacy code is perfectly fine, it's just not easy to modify. The new code still has some bugs in it, however, so don't be bashful about removing sitemaps.txt if it's bugging you.

* Made guitars and spraypaint not intimidate people when you're kidnapping them.
* Made dodge use agility instead of intelligence.
* Gave teenagers more skills, since they were sometimes coming up with none at all.
* Some work on flavor text.
* Fixed blank news stories.
* Reduced money from recruitment-based donations.
* Made names colored in the select a person to talk to menu.
* Fixed club security turning Conservative again when converted using guitars or other non-violent attacks.
* Free monthly seduction experience for those who have love slaves or are love slaves themselves.
* Rebalanced the threshhold for claimed news stories.
* Fixed bug where you could sometimes be let go without any prison sentence if you didn't commit murder.
* Lightened cap on respect for the LCS based on the public mood.
* Prohibited Liberals serving a life sentence from being promoted to LCS leader.
* Fixed mapping bug where apartments would have only one floor.

* Fixed bug where the printing press destroyed your business front.
* Increased the amount of juice you can get from spraying LCS tags during site actions.
* Changed some hostage negotiation text for particularly bloodthirsty Conservatives.
* Fixed for good the bug where some murals would be blank.
* Fixed a bug where CCS sleepers recruited by non-interrogation methods wouldn't reveal their safehouse.
* Fixed a bug where murder would not be sentenced properly.
* Fixed car prices, and made buying a car actually reduce your funds.
* Improved skill gain in various places. Trained some additional social skills during recruitment/dating if the other person is better at them than you are.
* Made notability for the paper vary by location. Crack den raids will now be much less interesting to the paper.

* You now get a sleeper lawyer instead of a judge for the D choice. This lawyer will be seduced rather than recruited. If you picked the option that mentions homosexuality earlier in character creation, the lawyer will be of the same sex, otherwise they'll be opposite sex.
* Sleepers no longer get their juice changed for advocating liberalism or conservatism. They now gain juice for spying, stealing, and embezzling. Infiltration will improve with supporting conservatism, but not past Known Conservative; Infiltration will also improve at a slower rate with laying low, but not past Respected.
* Fixed a minor bug with reviewing sleepers and hostages.
* Tweaked the profile page for better use of space.
* Added names for the new issues when working with murals and similar.
* Increased base stats for several characters.
* Fixed a bug with teaching fighting.
* Seduced liberals can now become normal recruits and even get promoted to founder if they have more than 100 juice and their lover dies.
* Altered the balance on political violence, so that tolerance for political violence increases more quickly.

* Several bugs fixed that were mentioned in the thread immediately after release.

* New liberal agenda screen, supporting more issues. You can still press the arrow keys to access the full descriptions of the issues, but those pages are very inelegant.
* Several new issues for the new screen: Women's rights, civil rights, drug control, immigration, the military. No new sites for these, but the existing sites and sleepers have been expanded to support them.
* Sweatshop workers won't get sent to the INS and deported when immigration is L+.
* Selling brownies is not actually a crime when drugs is L or L+, but it makes less money when it's legal. Brownies will still be in the illegal fund raising area though, just because it's too much work to move it.
* Unsuccessful melee attacks may provoke a counterattack if the opponent is skilled in melee with their current weapon. It's entirely possible to have your punch knocked aside by the soldier's M16 and get your teeth knocked out in your own turn.
* Knives now do much more damage.
* Character gender is now implemented. The gentlemen's club bouncer will turn you away if you are a woman or look like one to him when women's rights is moderate or worse. You can get by him by switching your gender on your profile screen if gay rights is L+ or you pass a disguise check.
* You can now re-roll your character's first name and last name before starting the game. You can select your character's sex. Both the initial name and the initial sex are random, so if you don't change them, it's the same as if this option wasn't provided. You can also ask the game to randomly generate your childhood choices.
* Juice is no longer based on the amount of crime you commit on site. Instead, juice is allocated on a per-item basis, and most combat juice is allocated only to the attacker, not to the entire party. You can collect larger amounts of juice on a long mission.
* It takes only about half as much crime to shut down a site on a major level. This also makes attacking the CCS easier.
* Security uniforms are less universally useful. Police uniforms will now get you in almost anywhere, but you'll get a 50% disguise penalty if you're out of place.
* Hippies are no longer awesome recruits. They now simply start with bonus heart and have a higher heart cap than normal.
* Characters with starting skills no longer have fewer random skills.
* Characters will start with about 6 more points of skill on average.
* Agents are extremely dangerous... like the old days, before body armor was introduced. They're now even stronger recruits, and even harder to recruit.
* Guard dogs excel at seeing through disguises.
* It is more difficult to seduce powerful Conservatives that have juice.
* The news will no longer report your action as a rampage if you hit a moderate in the crossfire or commit crimes in front of them. Instead, your action will be assessed on the amount of violence vs. the amount of activism you commit. Exceeding the public's violence tolerance in your violence/activism ratio will cause a rampage story, but will increase their tolerance for violence. Hints for dealing with this: Having your action be claimed will give you a bonus to your activism level, and so will spraypainting the site (up to ten times). Please test, play, see how it goes with this -- it doubtless needs much refining and balancing.
* You can buy and sell cars. Stolen cars are sold at a massive discount. Purchased cars are used but still quite expensive, but at least you get to pick out the color. As of right now there's still no compelling reason to have a legitimate car in terms of game mechanics.
* The black market is accessed by asking NPC gang members or mercenaries for guns instead of going to a special location. They now carry significantly fewer guns. These NPCs don't have to be Liberals.
* Sleepers no longer gain and lose infiltration, so getting good sleepers the first time is now very important.
* Sleepers now gain juice by spouting conservatism and lose juice by advocating liberalism, which was reversed from before, and do not gain juice for any other normal sleeper activities (sleeper lawyers defending you is an exception). This is because it damages their confidence and ability to perform in their role when they advocate liberalism, and the reverse is true for spouting conservatism. These will not damage them past the limits (so a lawyer sleeper who spouts conservatism won't have her juice knocked down artificially to the cap).
* Sleepers at the police station or intelligence HQ set to steal will now send you uniforms and guns in addition to normal loot.
* Sleepers set to snoop around who might reasonable have access to sensitive files will now be vastly more likely to actually sent you some each month.
* Squad inventory has been effectively abolished: You can't bring anything to a site action, and what you pick up on site is unloaded immediately upon return. There is a new screen accessed from the review screen that enables transferring goods from safehouse to safehouse.
* Squad stance influences whether you make the news. This is toggled on the go forth screen, and is remembered on the squad level.
* NPC character age and gender is now visible from the talk screen. This listed age is not precise: For most characters, you'll only be able to estimate to within about ten years.
* Security guards will now carry nightsticks at L+ gun control.
* Graffiti people automatically buy spraypaint if you can afford it. Graffiti people with no spraypaint won't crash the game anymore.
* Improvised weapons has been cut as a skill. The weapons have been shuffled to other skills, mostly the club skill. Pitchforks is the most notable exception, as it's now using the sword skill -- fortunately, nobody uses pitchforks besides NPCs anyway.
* More random text for various things.
* Can remove squad members from vehicles.

Many bugs have been fixed.

...and probably more I forgot about.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:59:39 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.0 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:21:13 pm »

YAY!

Good job, man!  ;D
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 11:30:40 pm »

Also, could there be a thing where you have to hit space-bar before going from recruiting to dating?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 11:33:45 pm »

That's a pretty intense change log. I look forward to playing.
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 11:46:08 pm »

Wow, thanks!

Way to make a grown man cry with joy!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 11:48:06 pm »

As of right now there's still no compelling reason to have a legitimate car in terms of game mechanics.

Other than not getting shot in the head by Police if you fail to steal a car?

Really, if you have an effective fundraising system, why not buy a legitimate car?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 11:52:54 pm »

You've worked quite hard Jonathan S. Fox.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 11:55:39 pm »

As of right now there's still no compelling reason to have a legitimate car in terms of game mechanics.

Other than not getting shot in the head by Police if you fail to steal a car?

Really, if you have an effective fundraising system, why not buy a legitimate car?

I'm referring specifically to the lack of police pulling you over or otherwise busting you for driving a stolen vehicle right now.

And thanks, everyone. I spent pretty much all day today working on LCS.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 12:03:53 am »

I just saw this posted and I.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20HTTZWQJSA

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 12:08:22 am »

So I just finished watching the Star Trek movie, and I get home to find this. Must be my birthday. Not really but it feels like it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 12:09:27 am »

This is my happy face.

Edit: Setting my character's name doesn't seem to do anything. Game tends to re-roll them anyway at the start of questioning.

Limited testing suggests that choosing my question answers rerolls my name, and letting fate decide the question answers gives me the name I got when I first loaded up, regardless of any subsequent rerollings of the name.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:22:38 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 12:25:55 am »

Edit: Setting my character's name doesn't seem to do anything. Game tends to re-roll them anyway at the start of questioning.

Limited testing suggests that choosing my question answers rerolls my name, and letting fate decide the question answers gives me the name I got when I first loaded up, regardless of any subsequent rerollings of the name.

Shoot, how could I possibly miss that?  ??? I'll have to do a quick fix release with this and any other immediate bug fixes that come up.

Some things I just remembered forgetting to add mention of:

* If you have a sleeper bouncer at the gentleman's club, your sleeper agent will occasionally be on door duty and let you in even if you're a naked woman with an M16.
* Police should be more aggressive about raiding more often, and if sufficiently concerned with you, they may skip to calling in the national guard directly instead of trying the SWAT raid first.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 12:35:35 am »

I may be missing something obvious, but how am I supposed to sell my stolen loot? There are no squad inventories, and I can't equip the goods to a single character.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 12:38:05 am »

I may be missing something obvious, but how am I supposed to sell my stolen loot? There are no squad inventories, and I can't equip the goods to a single character.

I thought I made sure the pawnshop bought and sold directly into your base inventory, but it seems that's not the case. I'll get it fixed up so that you sell out of your safehouse inventory, not your squad inventory.

Geandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 12:42:01 am »

Bug :when painting graffiti w/o having spraypaint, you will pay for a new can of paint each day.

except for that nice work with the update.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38