Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advanced Concepts  (Read 1264 times)

narskie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Advanced Concepts
« on: September 03, 2009, 09:09:40 pm »

I've tried to find a description of these by searching the forums but I've come up empty.  First is "Heat".  The descriptions say certain safe houses have "heat diffusion", like a warehouse with the business front upgrade or a rented apartment.  So my question is, does "heat diffusion" mean that a liberal with 2 murders on his rap sheet will just take longer to attract a raid or will the heat dissapear?  Like if we assign a number to the heat of a murder= 10.  So a liberal with two murders has a heat of 20.  Diffusion of a business front say is 2.  So if the police would normally raid a location with a total heat of 20 in one month, but the business front "diffuses" the heat of 20 after 10 days, the raid won't happen ever?  (As long as no new heat is accumulated at that site)

The second is interrogations, there seems to be a mixed message about persuasion.  Does it affect the ability of the liberal when being nice to the prisoner?  Or is it totally psychology skill based?  Do masks/dominatrix help with all aspects or just when being mean to run down wisdom?  Is it still possible to convert someone while their wisdom is high and they'll still be a sleeper even after the kidnapping is reported?  I've tried to make this happen many times with psy 10+ liberals but the successful "revealation of understandings" and "quietly considers" always seem to run down wisdom until it gets to 1 or 2 and only then starts to build heart.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Concepts
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:18:41 am »

Rather specific answers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Still, I'm not sure why you're having such a difficult time converting. What are you doing as a strategy?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Advanced Concepts
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 05:03:01 pm »

This will become VASTLY more clear in the next version, because you'll be able to see your safehouse's heat and secrecy (heat protection) levels, as a percentage. The formulas will change a bit as well to be more intuitive.