Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 67600 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.0 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 12:47:20 am »

I don't believe the Cable News broadcast stations or AM broadcast stations appear on the map when you have a sleeper.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 01:07:25 am »

It seems that I am unable to move equipment around (IE, I cannot carry items in my inventory unless I have them equipped, so it's impossible for me to move my assault rifle from the homeless shelter to my new apartment without equipping it)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 01:11:31 am »

Bug :when painting graffiti w/o having spraypaint, you will pay for a new can of paint each day.

except for that nice work with the update.

Okay, can fix that.

I've fixed all the previous bugs reported in this thread as well, but haven't uploaded a new version yet.

I don't believe the Cable News broadcast stations or AM broadcast stations appear on the map when you have a sleeper.

Turns out this is a bug with placing uniques in the new sitemaps.txt config file, so unique locations like that aren't being placed! Just fixed the code handling it.

It seems that I am unable to move equipment around (IE, I cannot carry items in my inventory unless I have them equipped, so it's impossible for me to move my assault rifle from the homeless shelter to my new apartment without equipping it)

1) R - Review Liberals and Form Squads
2) 8 - Review and Move Equipment

I know it's not the most obvious way to get it.

Edit: Renaming "R - Review Liberals and Form Squads" to "R - Review Assets and Form Squads"

Additional bug I found myself and fixed: Rampages and positive actions are currently BACKWARDS, due to some pretty poor logic in the news story handling. That will be fixed as well.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 01:15:37 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 01:17:16 am »

Apartment buildings are all one story.

And sometimes the landlord doesn't spawn.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.1 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 01:21:57 am »

Edited the original post to include a link to an update that has fixes for all problems reported prior to Karlito's last post. Saves should be fully compatible.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 01:24:14 am »

"Over thirty innocent people have been executed over the last decade."
"Oh, really?"
"Yeah, really!"

Not sure if that was in the older versions, but it's AWESOME.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 01:34:54 am »

The cosmetics and genetics buildings no longer have the insecure lobby area.  Not sure if this is intended.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 01:45:09 am »

Same thing occurs with the AM and Cable stations currently.

Also, when my Parapelegic founder died, with nobody to take over, I got a debug message.  After giving an illegal broadcast from the AM station.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 01:47:37 am »

Also, when my Parapelegic founder died, with nobody to take over, I got a debug message.  After giving an illegal broadcast from the AM station.

What kind of debug message?

And did the game crash, or just message and then continue safely?

EDIT: In general, if you have any sufficiently breaking site map bugs, you can remove sitemaps.txt from the directory and it should default to using the old 3.18.0 sitemap code.

Note however that if you use sitemaps.txt you can play with redesigning the maps by modding that text file! I don't know how clear its format is (I tried to document it well), but if you're interested, the option is there.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 01:53:53 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 01:52:11 am »

I got a crash.  My founder went to jail leaving me with no standing squads.  I created a new one man squad to go sell some loot.  After a few months my founder gets out.  I then removed my hippie from the squad and placed my founder in it.  Then, on the squads screen, it displayed two squads, both called "LCS" except the one in the A slot had no members.  When I pressed A to delete the squad, I got this crash.

Code: [Select]
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000029c at address 0x4152d2 (thread 001a), starting debugger...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 01:55:20 am »

Everybody's dead.  But, the debug lets me start over, Mwah ha ha!

On a more serious note, I just "recreated" the bug.  It says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program:...
File: E:\Program Files\Visual Studio 8\VC\include\vector
Line: 756

Expression: vector subscript out of range

...And I think that's all that would be of value.

Retry causes the game to crash.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 02:02:01 am »

I got a crash.  My founder went to jail leaving me with no standing squads.  I created a new one man squad to go sell some loot.  After a few months my founder gets out.  I then removed my hippie from the squad and placed my founder in it.  Then, on the squads screen, it displayed two squads, both called "LCS" except the one in the A slot had no members.  When I pressed A to delete the squad, I got this crash.

Code: [Select]
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000029c at address 0x4152d2 (thread 001a), starting debugger...

Very weird. LCS has some code to clean up empty squads when they happen, and I think it's triggered at least once a day. You might try just leaving them alone if they happen.

Of course, that's a ratty response from me, since I'm supposed to be preventing them, but I don't know what's causing that right now.

Everybody's dead.  But, the debug lets me start over, Mwah ha ha!

On a more serious note, I just "recreated" the bug.  It says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program:...
File: E:\Program Files\Visual Studio 8\VC\include\vector
Line: 756

Expression: vector subscript out of range

...And I think that's all that would be of value.

Retry causes the game to crash.

Still don't know what's causing it, but I'll keep it in mind. If you get anything similar in the future, let me know. The more times we hit this in different ways the more likely I'll be able to figure out the common thread. I suppose it could be that he's paraplegic, but I don't immediately see how that would do anything.

Edit: Actually, do you have the save from BEFORE the crash, such that I can recreate it? If you could send it to me at floppysocks@hevanet.com, that would do a lot to help me figure out what's going wrong.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 02:13:39 am »

I've got a save from before the crash, but I can't recreate what I did.  I keep taking a few stabs at it, and let you know if I find anything.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 02:16:04 am »

Sweet mother of liberalism!

Mainiac and LCS 3.19 make plans for later tonight!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 02:25:38 am »

Sorry, I decided to test the debanding system, so no save available.  I did retest the situation with my single parapalegic liberal, and things resolved correctly (shot, game over).

Also, when sleepers return from debanding, they return to the shelter on the status sleeper screen (screen from which you access the active liberals, dead liberals, away liberals, etc.)

Perhaps mixing parapalegics and leg-users doesn't work too well?  Again, sorry I don't have the save.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38