Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 67596 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.1 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 03:08:15 am »

Started a lot of murals about . Also saw a blank newspaper article; was nothing but the Post masthead and whitespace.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2009, 03:52:37 am »

While I'm all in favor of female priesthood, it somewhat ruins the atmosphere of conservative distopia.  Yes, female priests exist IRL, but if the country is conservative enough to have prayer sessions in public schools, I imagine female priests are few and far between.

Edit:
Seems I stumbled across a site layout problem at the appartments.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 03:59:37 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2009, 04:04:57 am »

Oh really?
Yeah really!
Oh really?
Yeah really!
Oh really?
Yeah really!
No way!

Though riven with bugs, it feels so good to be Liberal again.  Rock on Fox.

The campaign finance issue is new right?  What does that actually effect?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 04:27:49 am »

While I'm all in favor of female priesthood, it somewhat ruins the atmosphere of conservative distopia.  Yes, female priests exist IRL, but if the country is conservative enough to have prayer sessions in public schools, I imagine female priests are few and far between.

Edit:
Seems I stumbled across a site layout problem at the appartments.

Worst architect ever.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2009, 06:22:15 am »

Court House, Level 1
1-Chaotic, Urban Commando------------------------Liberal------------------------
Hrt:    17 Agi:    10          Top Skills:
Int:    11 Str:    9           Persuasion: 17
Wis:    1  Char:   18          Law: 10
Hlth:   11 Trans: On Foot      Disguise: 9
Weapon: None                   Security: 4
Clothes: Black Robe            Psychology: 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Chaotic says,                                                                 |
 "We live in such a backwards country right now that people think it's         |
 a right to walk around with the power to murder at any moment."               |
                                                                               |
 Police Gang Unit responds,                                                    |
 "Oh, really?"                                                                 |
 "Yeah, really!"                                                               |
                                                                               |
 After more discussion, Police Gang Unit agrees to come by later tonight.      |
                                                                               |
 Lawyer            Police Gang Unit                                            |
                                                                               |
                                                                               |
                                                                               |
                                                                               |
                                                     ---------------------------

I find that it might be better to put their name instead of saying "Police Gang Unit" in the last green line. It gets a little clunky as the job gets longer

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2009, 07:56:30 am »

Sorry, if this thread should just be for bugs, but...

Where do I get an AR-15? The gang members don't have them...

Edit: Nevermind, sorry. Figured it out.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 08:40:17 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2009, 08:27:17 am »

Hey, freeing lab animals from a cage is a crime right?  I just realized that my founder was never charged with anything other than vandalism for spraying graffiti everywhere.  I've been doing claimed actions and raised the alarm several times.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2009, 09:40:45 am »

Can you perhaps explain a bit clearer why spouting conservatism raises juice while spouting liberalism lowers it?
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2009, 10:22:25 am »

If you spout conservativism, people would be more likely to listen to you, but if you spout liberalism, people will be less likely to listen to you. It's a replacement of the infliritation system.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2009, 01:02:59 pm »

Can you perhaps explain a bit clearer why spouting conservatism raises juice while spouting liberalism lowers it?

If you spout conservativism, people would be more likely to listen to you, but if you spout liberalism, people will be less likely to listen to you. It's a replacement of the infliritation system.

This is it, really.

It's mainly how hardcore your undercover agent is. One that is promoting Liberalism is useful in terms of that action specifically, but not that hardcore as undercover agents go; their effectiveness is reduced in many things. One that is spouting Conservatism is going to be more effective. It flips on its head specifically because they're sleeper agents. These only carry you as low as 0 juice or as high as 50 juice, so you won't hit extremes doing this.

Juice represents, in many cases, a mix of courage, confidence, credibility, and raw will -- and an undercover agent that has been nominally supporting the enemy will have much more courage, confidence, and credibility to perform their future duties effectively.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2009, 02:49:37 pm »

I'm not sure I'd tie female priests to church & state, which is what the current Religion issue is. At the very least, I'd want to consider the gender equality issue.

Speaking of which, I'm at C right now for gender equality, and I'm seeing plenty of female Hangin' Judges, Police (!), Police Gang Units (!!), Agents (!!!), and Soldiers (!!!!).

Likewise, the number of male Secretaries, Nurses, and Teachers seemed roughly equal to that of females.

There did seem to be less female Corporate Managers, though there were still enough to make me wonder if that wasn't just the RNG.

Still, I think the most disconcerting job placement in redscale gender equality would have to be all the female Football Coaches...

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2009, 02:56:32 pm »

I've only skewed a couple of professions in terms of gender equality, but I plan to do more.

Exxos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2009, 03:42:28 pm »

Darn... had to register...

Anyway i've found a bug (or so i think so)

In the middle of my last game i tried to teach my people some fighting skills and it crashed, i started a whole new game and yet it still crashes when you choose to teach fighting and killing.

The error message is:

Debug error!

Program:
Module:*place here file path which im too laze to type*\crimesquad.exe
File:

Run-time Check Failure #2 - Stack around variable 'skillarray' was corrupted.

PS: Keep up the great work! The changes so far are awesome!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2009, 03:47:07 pm »

Is the CCS currently coming out due to time elapsed? I was doing a low-profile (though not out-and-out stealth) run, and I saw the CCS pop up maybe 8 years in w/o me ever breaking onto the scene. Ironically, this inspired the nation (who had been floating at C for years) to immediately elect an Elite Liberal President, have the Liberal Party win the Congressionals, and have a full page of green initiatives pass.

If time alone is enough to bring them out, I'd second the suggestion that it shouldn't be unless the nation is actually moving to the left, as otherwise they're just going to alienate the public and push it to the left unless the LCS has already numbed them to violence.

[e] The Elite Liberal party took 170 seats in the House in the next Congressionals. The term limit amendment was proposed shortly thereafter, and passed something like 47-3. There are currently no Congress members to the right of L, and our most dramatic crime to date has been roughing up a Conservative teen in a crack house...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 03:59:53 pm by E. Albright »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2009, 04:16:07 pm »

In the middle of my last game i tried to teach my people some fighting skills and it crashed, i started a whole new game and yet it still crashes when you choose to teach fighting and killing.

The error message is:

Debug error!

Program:
Module:*place here file path which im too laze to type*\crimesquad.exe
File:

Run-time Check Failure #2 - Stack around variable 'skillarray' was corrupted.

That'll be easy to fix. Does it really mess up your game? I'm surprised it wouldn't just let you keep playing after giving that error -- the actual problem wasn't anything destabilizing.

Is the CCS currently coming out due to time elapsed? I was doing a low-profile (though not out-and-out stealth) run, and I saw the CCS pop up maybe 8 years in w/o me ever breaking onto the scene. Ironically, this inspired the nation (who had been floating at C for years) to immediately elect an Elite Liberal President, have the Liberal Party win the Congressionals, and have a full page of green initiatives pass.

If time alone is enough to bring them out, I'd second the suggestion that it shouldn't be unless the nation is actually moving to the left, as otherwise they're just going to alienate the public and push it to the left unless the LCS has already numbed them to violence.

[e] The Elite Liberal party took 170 seats in the House in the next Congressionals. The term limit amendment was proposed shortly thereafter, and passed something like 47-3. There are currently no Congress members to the right of L, and our most dramatic crime to date has been roughing up a Conservative teen in a crack house...

The CCS comes out when Liberals are winning on the issues in the public mind, about 60% Liberal to 40% Conservative. Or, when you've gotten the public chanting for political blood in the streets, whichever comes first.

Are the CCS always getting rampages, or did they only start with rampages and are now getting a fair number of normal news stories?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38