Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 67654 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #510 on: August 12, 2009, 01:15:49 am »

Spoiler: To Do List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:30:07 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 12, 2009, 05:06:02 am »

Those all sound excellent.  I was hoping for some way to infiltrate the political as well as legal systems.  Perhaps you could meet a candidate hopeful at, the liberal party headquarters (closed down during heavy conservative anti speech laws)?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 13, 2009, 12:54:38 pm »

So I just downloaded the new version and I have a question. How do you get juice without being in the news? The best way used to be spraypaint, but now I spraypaint an LCS logo on the wall and I'm front-page news. This not only doesn't make sense, it also makes it impossible for people who aren't ready to fight off cops to get any juice.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 13, 2009, 12:56:46 pm »

Liberal disobedience, only mildly illegal, gets you up to 20.  It's hard to get much further without commiting, well, crimes.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 13, 2009, 01:09:20 pm »

I've encountered a glitch. If you're playing guitar to someone and they turn liberal, then if there are still squad members that need to do their combat round, they swing their guitar at the newly liberal person, alienating everyone.

And using guitars on people doesn't get you any juice. I somehow find that wrong. It should at least be able to get you up to 50, especially considering you're risking your life because those police officers respond to rock and roll with shotgun blasts.

edit: Stealing things doesn't get me any juice either. Why do I have to get into the news to get any juice?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 01:17:23 pm by penguinofhonor »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 13, 2009, 02:09:39 pm »

Auto-lose?  Can't say I like the concept when I still have living and breathing liberals willing to try to fix things...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 13, 2009, 02:32:34 pm »

Auto-lose?  Can't say I like the concept when I still have living and breathing liberals willing to try to fix things...

Hm. What would be your suggestion then if the US defaults on its loans? I was thinking that there would be a bailout, but with lots of strings attached...but it does not seem right that people will continue to bailout the US forever.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 13, 2009, 03:05:36 pm »

Wait, we're the Liberal Crime Squad, not financial advisors!  If we cause the US to fall, we'll just move on to somewhere else!  I hear Canada's nice this time of year...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 13, 2009, 03:24:11 pm »

---

Lets look at modern day US...  "IOU" ?  Its in quite a deficit already...  still no game over for America.

Make it a crazy event that effects just about everything until its payed off.

Tax: More taxes... a lot more.
Immigration: Dive toward C+ (No stinking immigrant is gonna take my job!)
Animal Rights: Dive toward C+ (Why spend money where its not needed to be spent?)
Labor Laws: Dive toward C+ (Even with regulations, there are a lot of people without jobs.  So they care less about things like workers rights since that doesn't give em a paycheck.)
Death Penalty: (Waiting time for death penalty is reduced to 1 month.  More likely to get that as verdict, prison time is money spent.)
Pollution: Dive toward C+ (Regulations = costs)
Religion: The religious gain influence... as the people want to believe!

Generally: Gov't begins to go toward a big brother state.

This continues to happen till US is out of debt, somehow.  So yea, gets progressively worse on many issues.

I guess some issues can go better...
Drug Law: Heads for L (Money spent on fighting drugs...)
Abortion: Hah.. enforced abortion and/or 1 child per family like China...  people won't like it...  so its temporary.  It'll catapult toward C or C+ after its over...

Another idea is that it opens the door for new CCS like groups?  But hostile to both CCS and LCS?  Goal of this group is to... disrupt the US?

Eh, General random ideas..
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 13, 2009, 08:42:13 pm »

Hm. What would be your suggestion then if the US defaults on its loans?

I'd expect business as usual.  Never underestimate the power of a government to keep things looking normal.  Mexico defaulted in the 80s, and this appears to have been forgotten.  (Mexico is in deep trouble now, but in a completely unrelated way...)

However, if not that, I would expect the tolerance for LCS violence (but also CCS violence) to increase a lot, for one of two reasons.

First, the cash-strapped government may simply cut back on police.

Second, the government might pursue policies designed to extract all the country's real wealth in order to offer it as "collateral" to the international creditors.  Such policies will alienate all citizens, both conservative and liberal.  People will regard the police as an occupying army, but may become friendly to the LCS if it plays its cards right.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 13, 2009, 11:00:15 pm »

Second, the government might pursue policies designed to extract all the country's real wealth in order to offer it as "collateral" to the international creditors.  Such policies will alienate all citizens, both conservative and liberal.  People will regard the police as an occupying army, but may become friendly to the LCS if it plays its cards right.

An interesting mechanic. But if this happens, how would the LCS actually counteract that? The LCS was formed to put Elite Liberal politicans into office, if those same L+ politicans start engaging in these policies...how can the LCS actually capitalize on that?

Of course, I am assuming that no matter who is in office, the government would continue to engage in selling all of American's assets.

EDIT: Here's how I am seeing this would play out:

Elite Liberal BEES gets elected to President of the United States.
Elite Liberal BEES sees the US is bankrupt.
Elite Liberal BEES decides to set up a garage sale and sell all of the country's real wealth.
People begin to hate Elite Liberal BEES. Political Violence Tolerance goes through the roof.
Four years has passed, and it's the new presidental election. Two things can happen.
---BEES loses the primary to a much more saner Elite Liberal candidate who promises to stop these policies.
---BEES gets re-nominated by the Liberal Party. He then faces a tough battle with the Radicals Moderates who has taken over the Conservative Party. Even Elite Liberal voters will be less likely to vote for BEES, because his policies were so terrifying. Still...if society is Elite Liberal enough, BEES will still win. If that happens, BEES will not get the message, and those deveasting policies will continue. His Vice-President will also carry on BEES's policies should he becomes President.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:11:24 pm by Servant Corps »

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 13, 2009, 11:39:05 pm »

An interesting mechanic. But if this happens, how would the LCS actually counteract that? The LCS was formed to put Elite Liberal politicans into office, if those same L+ politicans start engaging in these policies...how can the LCS actually capitalize on that?

In this scenario, basically it's civil war.  The city will secede from the union so it can avoid paying tribute to China.  The White House is now irrelevant.

The goal now will be for the LCS to be seen as doing more to save the city from the federal bailiffs than the CCS does.  This will in turn lead to public sympathy for LCS's own goals, making the nascent new nation more liberal.

narskie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 14, 2009, 07:43:00 pm »

I don't see the US going bankrupt IRL.  The primary function of government is "to protect the minority of the opulent from the majority" according to our Arch-Conservative founders.  We have an prime example of that with the Bush/Obama bailouts of Goldman-Sachs, AIG and the like.  There's no way the rich and powerful of the world would let their guarantor just fade away.  Plus Washington always has a perfect credit rating, being the most powerful military empire ever gives you an automatic A++ credit score. 

Now if "elite liberals" did take over, than the huge inefficiency and liability of taking care of rich people and their pathological institutions (aka corporations) would be over, as well as the burden of hundreds of foreign bases and the colonial wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.  The US gov't would be solvent, and therefore, no bankruptcy.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 15, 2009, 10:19:12 pm »

I've been hitting this annoying bug with gender...  when date-kidnapping people.  Its really superficial and I believe has been remedied with... the ability to change people's gender... but... annoying non-the-less...

It doesn't consistently happen all the time at least.

Basically...
I date-nap a guy.  His name turns out to be Elaine.    :'(
I date-nap a gal.  Her name turns out to be Bob.  :'(

Their parents must have been ultra-hippies and named them like that.  That is why they are conservatives.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #524 on: August 15, 2009, 10:21:55 pm »

I think that is a bug with it renaming them upon kidnapping, without taking into account their gender. I remember talking to someone about this and finding the problem some time ago, so it's probably fixed in the latest source code, just not in the release.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38