Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Power without use - Megaproject potential!

(1/3) > >>

Arcanalor:
I've got a problem here and I need a Dwarfy answer!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You can see there the start of a project I decided to embark on. However, after I got the power foundation set up, I decided to scrap the idea. So, now I'm left with two water wheels being powered by the brook there and supported by the horizontal axel.

As for my problem? Well, what sort of Dwarfy thing can I do with that setup? Below, you can see the next two Z-levels down, so I can't channel water downwards without messing up my stockpile/administration level or the primary level of the fortress where everyone hangs out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ZergSpartan:
Urist Mcdwarf cancels Attend Party: Drowning.

Show those party animals what for!

Fossaman:
If you can't go down, go up. Build a caravan-sanitation system. All incoming wagons must be washed clean of their foreign filth before entering your glorious fortress!

Martin:

--- Quote from: Fossaman on May 09, 2009, 01:48:34 am ---If you can't go down, go up. Build a caravan-sanitation system. All incoming wagons must be washed clean of their foreign filth before entering your glorious fortress!

--- End quote ---

Surely you suggest washing them with magma. Water is powerless against elf flu.

Fossaman:
No, I suggest washing them with water. Just enough water to make them really sopping wet and angry, but not enough to make them leave or declare war.

Besides, magma would also sanitize the lovely Giant Desert Scorpion they just brought you. That wouldn't be any fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version